Is there any way to transfer a character from PS4 to PC

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Skyden, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Skyden New Player

Is there any way to transfer a character from PS4 to PC, I ask that because My Brother´s PS4 finally is resting in peace, and the situation on money isnt good enough to get a New PS4, but we have an old PC that he can use to play DCUO, so we wanted to know if there was any way to transfer his account to PC, so at least we could salvage something
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

No.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Nope.

Edit: Also why get a new PS4 while the PS5 is available?
  4. Skyden New Player

Man...This sucks....guess bro is gonna be quite behind now....
    • Like x 1
  5. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

search online - a used PS4 goes for about $180

or

you may wish to try a local (to your area) gaming store
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I think they did it once years ago for people but no they won’t do it now
  7. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

PS4 right now brand new on Walmart is 200 dollars he said that money isn’t great right now … I’m guessing a 500 dollar ps5 is also out of reach being as it’s double.
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I would hate to spend $200 on a PS4 just for Daybreak to say after a few months, "we're cutting support to PS4". PS5 is a smarter investment.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

A friend told me long ago they could but I feel like that was before when Sony still owned DCUO? I think this question has been asked before and Mepps flat out told people no. Also since Covid it should be noted that Sony of America doesn’t even have it’s customer service they had before everything is handled by AI. Also who knows what the set up is like now with the DI/Daybreak/EG7 ownership too? You could try contacting Daybreak support and see if they have any answers. Good luck.
  10. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

But Panderus promised us that PS4 support would go on for years maybe? Lol right before he left that is. :D
    • Like x 1
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've played since beta. It's never been an option.
    • Like x 2
  12. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

What if we wish really hard upon a star? Maybe? ;)
  13. Hraesvelg Always Right

Hey, asking for it doesn't hurt anything. I wouldn't hold my breath, since that would involve Sony having to give up their piece of the action on accounts that are now buying things via PC, but, well...I suppose it can't be ENTIRELY ruled out, as vastly unlikely as it is. I'm sure a corporation can be talked into giving away something and getting nothing in return.
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

As much as I loved my PS4, my PS5 is wonderful. I hope you too can upgrade to a PS5. It was really easy moving all of my PS4 content to my PS5. Oh, make sure you buy external storage. I got a 4 TB Seagate with my PS5.
    • Like x 1
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

DCUO thanks you for your support.
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I still haven't made the switch and I've had the 5 for over a year now. I don't like the remote, and the game doesn't perform really any better (IMHO) and for some reason, my headset sounds worse...even though it's the same USB headset I move over from the 4 when using it.

One thing I'm probably still holding on to is that feeling of beat down I got when first switching to the 5 and Static Shock episode was out and I'd crash almost every time I went to do the F5 bounty. They did finally fix that...but that memory is maybe stuck with me whenever I'm on it.

Hoping the new client will really make the 5 seem much better...in which case the other issues will probably work themselves out.
    • Like x 3
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I really don’t know what the new PS5 client is going to bring as far as improvements over what they have given us currently. Shock to the System was unplayable for me. I would consistently crash in open world during a boss fight. Sometimes in the alert or in the transparent floating box raid too.
    • Like x 1
  18. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Yeah, I had the same crashes during the shock episode and resorted to turning all the graphics settings way down to avoid them. I haven't really had any since they did the client fix (took them a loooooong time!).
    You should make the switch to PS5 so you can art swap with the rest of us :D!
    • Like x 1
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sure, send me a check for those extra artis and I'll get right on it!

Honestly...I really hate the remote, and the way the keyboard works when typing on it. They changed a few key buttons, like the one that brings up the symbols, and it drives me nuts. The controller is just uncomfortable too. I need to figure out how to get my PS4 remote working with it, and maybe I'd go.

Otherwise it's pretty much a $500 paper weight.
  20. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Yep I agree hahaha I am buying me a 2TB this week because omg space gets sucked up quick.

Omg shock the system made me so upset playing on my PS5 I kept asking why do this to us lol.
    • Like x 1