Artefact and if a similar tab to allies?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Feb 17, 2024.

1. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

I've literally just told you that I have an advantage over anyone that doesn't have a PS5 Edge Controller, but you're still advocating that I oppose Artifact Swapping. I'm admitting that I have a legitimate, legal loophole ... and at the same time all that I want is for it to be taken into consideration by the DCUO Team. Furthermore, the only reason I purchased it last year is bc Mepps stated in that thread that I created that Artifact Swapping is still legit,

C'mon Proxy, let's stop playing around ... the DCUO Team has never so much as mentioned a word about people using Macros Scripting for Artifact Swapping. Furthermore we've never been given any indication whether console players will still be able to use devices like the Cronus Zen to script Macros after the PS5 Client update, or what their position is with regards to it's potential current usage.

Seriously, I may not respond to every one of Cypharr's daily threads (jokes) but this is an important issue bc it's caused and is still causing people to quit, and if I doubt that you know this I would be further insulting you.

Yes, 100%, communication from the DCUO Team is the problem, and I'm getting tired of their casual approach of not addressing the issues related to Artifact Swapping.
    • Like x 3
  2. Korlick Loyal Player

Hold on...whats wrong with Ebon? Is it because you keep the buff for a few seconds if you swap it? Then the same thing can be said about L.Amulet. Or buff trinkets.

DKS and MERCY are good examples, heck id might add Pied Pipers too.
    But Ebon? Ebon is fine (same as L.Amulet). Dont mix it with the problematic artifacts.
  3. Korlick Loyal Player

Youre doing it wrong, bro.
    Well...actually...not wrong, but theres an easier and simpler way to do it.
    If you have your artifacts in the correct order, once you hit to enter inventory, all you have is use the Tab key to select the art you wanna equip and press the space bar.
    Dont have to worry about aiming the mouse.
  4. Proxystar #Perception

I'm a PC Player.
  5. Proxystar #Perception

the use of macros is a bannable offense and a breach of the terms of service, that's irrespective of whether it's being done on a PC or a console.

At some point that's a human desire/decision to cheat, so we're conflating a couple of different issues here.

If a controller without the use of macros gives you an advantage over someone else without that controller then I don't see an issue with it, that's like saying the game should be nerfed to prevent a player with a better computer having a smoother experience than someone with a worse one.

At some point hardware is going to make a difference to the performance and player experience, if that spills over into artificially cheating through a macro then that's a different issue.

As for issues regarding communication I agree with you, but I see them as issues pertaining to those individual artifacts, rather than the act of swapping, I trust that makes sense.
  6. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

Are you seriously denying that Ebon is problematic?

Screw this, I'm going to bed
  7. Korlick Loyal Player

Not gonna lie, like i said, to me Ebon (and Larneas) is not a problematic artifact. Its not like you are getting extra stacks or getting max faster. You just mantain the buff that you gained, and you have the risk of losing it while trying to swap.
    I mean...if were gonna consider Ebon problematic and "fix" it so you loose the buff when swapped, then the same thing should be done to Troll artifacts, buff trinkets...hell why stop there? might aswell also include buff sodas.

DKS, MERCY and pipers flute on the other hand...thats a whole different thing.
  8. Proxystar #Perception

Even though I support the act of swapping, it actually becomes a less tenable argument to suggest that you retain the effects of the artifact after its removal.

I think you should lose all artifact effects when you take them off, artifact swapping should be about adapting to the challenge and at times changing your build, even on the fly, to overcome a changed circumstantial variable.

It shouldn't really be about stacking artifact effects of artifacts long since removed or using the act of swapping to avoid a drawback on the artifact you otherwise wouldn't be circumventing.

Despite me having a very "loose level of care" when it comes to stacking artifact effects, in a pure sense the moment you remove that artifact you should lose any of the benefits you possessed while having it on.
    • Like x 1
  9. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

Are you for real? The video is showing you that you can maintain the effects of Ebon with the Finisher, have you read the characteristics of this Artifact ... it clearly says you should not be able to maintain the effects with a Finisher?

Add to this that you can use the Finisher (a channelling power) / Ebon Artifact combo together with the Strat / Trans Artifact Combo. Then add to this that you can build up a SC very quickly with channelling powers, resulting in all the above being used together with the Scrap Artifact ... while Ebon's effects are maintained.

(I’m not going to mention anything further about building SC in this video, bc it’s sure to upset a lot of Electricity Players)

And then you advocate that Ebon is not problematic ??
    • Like x 1
  10. Sollace Well-Known Player

The only real problem is the swap, and when that's stopped, the real problem will be solved ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. 0xDJBx0 Well-Known Player

To the OP, I apologise for going off topic, I was half asleep and fell for the bait and got goaded in by Proxy's statements. But now that I’m here I feel that I should address the following.

Proxy, I apologise again for approaching you incorrectly, obviously you’re not stupid … but rather an intelligent person. However, it became apparent a long time ago that you tend to use a very calculating, manipulative strategy to position yourself at the pinnacle of shaping the direction that DCUO takes. Furthermore, it appears as though you work / have worked in a supervisor or manager role, as you seem to instinctively want to have the final word, as if you are responsible for authorising / signing off requests that people post on these Forums.

With that said, you surely know as well as I do that communities are not governed by rules, but rather by structures. And it’s clear that the ToS structure for DCUO is not based on objectivity, but rather a subjective one that prioritises the issues that have an impact on the revenue generated by DCUO. It’s irrelevant if Macros Scripting is against the rules, if this issue isn’t investigated by the DCUO Team, let alone discussed between the DCUO Team and the DCUO Community.

It doesn’t look like you have used the PS5 Edge Controller for Artifact Swapping before; it gives the player a significant advantage by allowing one to assign the III button to the paddles underneath the controller, utilised by what would normally be static fingers. It exists in a realm separate to PC / Console upgrades. And nothing has been mentioned about it by the DCUO Team when it comes to any form of Inventory Swapping.

I’m not saying the standard controller should be the norm upon which Artifact Swapping structures should be develpoed, but instead the opposite. It is a variable that cannot be overlooked by the DCUO Team.

If I truly felt the way that you are portraying me, why would I go and spend the equivalent of $200 on average, to be able to utilise the Inventory more effectively (Artifacts, Utility Belt, Gear, etc)? From my experience the PS5 Edge Controller is the new norm and the way going forward for this playstyle, not the other way around. But it needs to be taken into consideration when it comes to the commitment that was made by the DCUO Team regarding a foundation that allows Artifact Swapping while simultaneously identifying and fixing the problematic areas.

Agreed, we have established that communication about problematic Artifacts is a major issue, and not the position that the DCUO Team has taken to this playstyle.

However, look at your responses in the two threads that I created with the aim of firstly establishing the DCUO Team’s position on Artifact Swapping and then which Artifacts they are working on. Your trend has been to spark further debating, while mine from the start, as clearly stated several times, was to not debate but rather to achieve communication with the DCUO Team.

As recent as last week, when I attempted to get a response from the DCUO Team regarding what progress they have made investigating and adjusting problematic Artifacts, you again tried to initiate the debate.

I’ve said enough though and I apologise again for my part in going off topic. In all seriousness it’s not even your approach that has aggravated me Proxy, we’ve all learnt to live with it. Instead, it’s the way that DCUO is managed that has left a bad taste in my mouth. If you would like to respond to my post, I will not argue with you but rather accept your views and return to being more of a reader than a writer.

As far as the way the DCUO Team manages this game, it’s been a problem for a very long time now, and it’s getting worse every day. It’s not just the lack of communication that’s the issue, but also the number of empty promises that have been made … identifying and adjusting problematic Artifacts just being one of the more recent examples.
    • Like x 2
  12. zNot Loyal Player

Very well said and fully agreed. I hope ranmaru can respond once more about the topic
    • Like x 1
  13. Sollace Well-Known Player

If there is indeed a new team working on important DCUO management posts, it would be quite interesting to see their point of view on the subject.
    • Like x 1
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Soooo, what I gather from this thread is..., I need to buy a PS5 Edge controller for my PS5 :)

Wait a tick! That is the same standard controller that came with my PS5!

To me, it works the same way as the PS4 controller did on my old PS4. I'm missing out on what the advantage is that it offers lol
  15. Sollace Well-Known Player

Or if artefact swapping really is an unfortunate fate on DCUO, the devs could include it more intelligently to make the system much fairer for everyone. To do that, they could simply use the emoticon wheel system to make an artefact swap wheel, EUREKA!

[IMG]
    But in all honesty, the swap system is clearly a very bad aesthetic thing!!!!
  16. zNot Loyal Player

With that wheel they also need to design end game elite content with it in mind that we can swap as it is currently the content isnt designed to handle art swap so thats why its comical of some that knowingly ignore the fact that this is one of the largest reasons why content thats supposed to be hard is easyier then it should be
    • Like x 1
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

Unfortunately, for some years now, Daybreak hasn't really been on the right track with DCUO...
    • Like x 1
  18. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This could have been an armory wheel and they could have reduced/removed the cooldown timer for swapping builds in combat.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I completely agree, as this is my only issue with it.
  20. Korlick Loyal Player

Yes, i knoe how it works and what it does. But, like i said, o didnt see it as a problematic artifact like some of the others are, because theres still risk that you might end loosing the buff. And it seemed weird that only Ebon was being called out and not L.Amulet. Thats it.

Its ok to me if you do find it problematic and you wont see me complainong if it gets "fixed" so you lose the buff if you take it out (even tho i dont agree with that)...unless ofcourse, the "fix" totally ruins both arts lol