To the new creative director

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, Feb 15, 2024.

1. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Do you have a vision of improving the game for new players or longtime casual players? Obviously im not asking specific details.. but coming into a 13 yr game im hoping to see you atleast adress improving conditions for new / casual players in your 2024 dev update

Just throwing it out there that I am in no way asking u to remove time capsules or any paid mechanics, I actually have no problem spending money on this game. Actually i wish you’d give me more to spend money on if it means keeping dcuo alive
    • Like x 4
  2. Proxystar #Perception

If you won't do it, then I will.

Please remove the time capsules and start selling things in the marketplace.

Thanks.
    • Like x 16
  3. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

save us.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sollace Well-Known Player

Personally, I'd like to see a real artefact/ally system linked to the account, where artefacts could even benefit from a tab of the same kind as allies, rather than flooding our inventory so quickly.

The same goes for equipment, where the armoury could be considered as an inventory space instead of having to store 3 types of equipment in our inventory.

We would have great need of this comfort of life

Given the quantity that now exists in artefacts and allie (and still to come) "account-related" doesn't even need to be monetised.

We would have great need of this comfort of life
    • Like x 4
  5. appocolyps Committed Player

I would wager my house that the new director will have been brought in with the primary purpose of hitting financial targets, i hope however they are clued up enough on modern gaming in particular modern mmo models, and realize that more money can and will be made by moving away from the current "mobile" esque micro transactions that the game has currently became reliant on.

It will take a brave person to make such a jump and put their own neck on the line but even after 13 years i am fully confident the game can make a U turn if the paywall is greatly reduced and all current artifacts, allies, affinity mods etc become account bound and sharable amongst alts like all modern mmos.

Then make a real effort to sort out the current artifact swapping shambles the game has become, its such a huge turn off for new, casual or experienced players alike that dont want to or cant afford the 100+ artifacts needed to play at a high level across all alts. And it looks and functions absolutely horribly from a gameplay perspective.

Then work on PvP its 2024 EVERYONE in modern gaming wants to pvp for crying out loud.

Then look at regular balancing of weapons, skills, allies, artifacts etc and not just have them as a one off extremely rare balance pass.
    • Like x 4
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Also could we please take a step back from reinventing "new gimmicks" and take a look at improving already existing features that haven't been touched since before 2017?
    • Like x 9
  7. kallader Committed Player

Wow give him time to understand the game guys hahaha
    • Like x 1
  8. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Sadly..... sometimes you have to know how to run before you can even learn how to walk.

Not very reasonable.... but it happens.

We did not have a Creative Director for 2.5 years.....
    and we did not get enough content these past 2 years....
    and from the looks of it we will only get 2 DLCs again this year....
    So.....
    we pretty much need someone who can hit the ground running on his first day at this point. :oops::oops:
    • Like x 4
  9. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I know, really lol. Probably hasn't even had enough time to get off the ship: let alone settle in by building a brand new underwater base.

Now that the pleasantries are over, 'where's my free stuff!' (O)-(o) lol
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

Finally a true Gentleman. Good readings. Let's lookout for the people with busy lives also that can't be on DCUO 20/7 so they may have the feeling of satisfaction with there pockets.
    • Like x 2
  11. kallader Committed Player

To be fair do you really think they have a list or something remotely like an idea for him what to do or change...like if someone competent in the team would prepare something like a brief ;) pretty sure they still have to hire the person that would have made that brief
    • Like x 1
  12. FoolsFire Devoted Player

One simple thing which should be easy to do...Add three +2,500 Token of Merit feats. It's been at least five years, I think, since we had any added.
    • Like x 2
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No.
    No brief needed.

That is why it is important to find someone with lots of experience under his belt.
    Someone with experience will be able to use his past experience to hit the ground running on a new project.

Sadly... I have often been in situations like that.
    Early in my career it was tougher....
    But once I got much more experienced.... I could get on a project... and use my experience from previous similar projects and hit the ground running on day one.

Heck.... on some projects....
    The first day I started the project would be 2 weeks late.... a month late already.... or More!!! ;)
    So I had to get familiar with the project..... produce new content..... and catch up to being late.....
    All of that on Day One.

Is it unfair when that happens??
    Absolutely.

Sadly.... that is why you usually get paid the BiG Bucks. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  14. MaDaNoF New Player

Simple request; When you have settled in please listen to feedback from the community.

I'm not saying all feedback is positive but a little acknowledgment goes a long way towards a healthy and committed community.
    • Like x 4
  15. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Its a hot topic but i dont think making players pay for character upgrades/ arts is bad, actually with my schedule id rather throw $200 at a artifact then grind it for free… i think if they reworked the progression system ( skill points) alot of the time capsule complaints would go away… especially if they made it where the capsules do not drop duplicates

If they reworked the sp system the almost 400 page thread on the stat clamp will probably go away as well
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I agree.
    • Like x 1
  17. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Understanding the game also comes with understanding what the players want as well :)
    • Like x 1
  18. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah, someone that didn't jot down people's ideas/suggestions and then use it as toilet paper after would be nice xD
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Add lots of them, and make them retroactive so I get them all instantaneously lol. Probably have like 10 billion consumed just for this scenario heh.
  20. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

That is probably true!