A little help... to return to the game

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by mexmex, Feb 14, 2024.

1. mexmex Dedicated Player

I quit playing the game, for about 3 years now, I decided to pay for a month membership to get the feel of the game again, there is a a lot of changes as I can see. so i have a few question for you guys.

1.- How often do we get new content or new DLC or episodes ?

2.- How do you know what base items correspond to each episode, for the feats purposes.?

3.- How to manages the amount of catalizers and stuff to upgrades the different augments for the episodes,? is insane the amount of stuff in my bank and inventory and i have all the inventory space at max available.

4.- I have seen in each of my characters the possibility to jump CR is this option for each of the characters or is only for one of your account.?

5.- in relation with the name changing, i was trying to rename one of character yesterday and cound´t get the name I wanted but in order to make sure it wasn´t taken, I tried to look for it by adding it to my friends list and said it did not exist but still could not get the name. It´s there a way to check the rules to the rename character?

6.- Does vilians and heroes can meet now somewhere, or its just in instances when you get invited to it, can you group with people to form a ride. ?

7.- How does the loot locked work now, i did got into an alert, beat two bosses, got my loot, got in again to retry and I did get loot again from the same bosses. does loot locked changed?

8.- The allies is there a way to get them by playing or is just via market place or via cyborg. I noticed I have the oracle one for free, but I dont get how it works exactly are we supposed to see it on screen somehow, or is it just a passive stuff.

If you let me know somethinfg else i might missing that might be important please let me know? thanks all for any info you can give me onany of these topics
  2. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

1. about every 6 months (unfortunately)
    2. Can't remember if base item boxes say the episode? Will check when in game. After you collect you can sort by episode in the base item viewer I think.
    3. That's a tough one if you are trying to get the episode augment feats for those 3 years. Best idea is just level up 1 of each as you go I would guess. Always fortify it to save a little space.
    4. I think members get 1 free CR skip, you have to pay after that.
    5. No idea.
    6. Both factions are in House of Legends but you can't form groups outside of instances. Still need invite in.
    7. For omnibus content there is no loot lock. You can run any instance over and over again.
    8. Only 1 is free after the mission. Oracle for heroes, Calculator for villains. You buy the others with source marks. You only see them appear if you equip the combat ability. Some passive abilities have animations too. It's good to level up the basic ones like Krypto for combat, Oracle and Calculator for passives. The legendary ones are pretty expensive to level up.
    • Like x 1
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

1... they have been trying to get back to 3 DLCs per year..... but this year...... it seems we will get only 2 again. :(

2.... ??? We just know?? You could check the Cheetah vendor in the House of Legends..... you will know where some of the Base items come from??

3.... ??? I did not crack that code yet... my inventory is a mess too. :(

4... There was 1 Free in January.... but you had to log in in January to get the Free one.
    For the rest it will cost $50.

5.... Some of the name cannot be used.
    So even if no one uses the name... you still cannot use it.
    How to check??? Keep and empty character slot and create a new character in character creation to see if the name is still available.

6... Everyone is in House of Legends.... but still groups are Heroes or Villains... except for Task Force X option.

7... No loot lock excepted for the last 3 DLCs..... and for the Open World missions.

8... Playing via Cyborg.
    Some come from Time Capsules too.

• Like x 1
  4. KidKretz Committed Player

for number 3

i use my alts, each alt has about 3 episodes worth of catalysts and unique gear piece catalyst in their banks. got plenty of room left since it only started with teen titans. eventually i got used to which characters held which episodes

just note too, the current 3 episode you need the exact currency to level up the augments, but after that, you can use any currency including the currency from salvaging gear to raise the level of your augments. also, you can use the currency from any dlc's augs to level up your body augments as well, just cant use the latest 3. latest 3 is only for their own augments.

so because of that, i dont store the episode aug currency in the bank, just the aug catalysts, the unique gear catalyst and the currency item to level up the unique gear

have any questions, please ask, will try to give specific details to make it make more sense
    • Like x 2
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

1.- How often do we get new content or new DLC or episodes ?
    In 2022 and 2023 they had a couple episode delays which resulted in only two episodes for those years. If there are any more delays this year expect a new episode in April and October.

2.- How do you know what base items correspond to each episode, for the feats purposes.?
    Episode vendors sell base item boxes that contain base items from that specific episode.

3.- How to manages the amount of catalizers and stuff to upgrades the different augments for the episodes,? is insane the amount of stuff in my bank and inventory and i have all the inventory space at max available.
    Fortify one artifact from each episode and whatever you have left sell on the broker.

4.- I have seen in each of my characters the possibility to jump CR is this option for each of the characters or is only for one of your account.?
    Every year they give you one free skip to claim for one character on your account, you have to pay to skip additional characters.
    5.- in relation with the name changing, i was trying to rename one of character yesterday and cound´t get the name I wanted but in order to make sure it wasn´t taken, I tried to look for it by adding it to my friends list and said it did not exist but still could not get the name. It´s there a way to check the rules to the rename character?
    Some names and words are prohibited from being used.
    6.- Does vilians and heroes can meet now somewhere, or its just in instances when you get invited to it, can you group with people to form a ride. ?
    They added a new HQ for heroes and villains to share called House of Legends. Heroes and villains can not group up but you can invite each other to most instances.

7.- How does the loot locked work now, i did got into an alert, beat two bosses, got my loot, got in again to retry and I did get loot again from the same bosses. does loot locked changed?
    There are no loot locks on early end game On Duty content (everything before Episode 44: Sins of Black Adam). Open world content still has loot locks.

8.- The allies is there a way to get them by playing or is just via market place or via cyborg. I noticed I have the oracle one for free, but I dont get how it works exactly are we supposed to see it on screen somehow, or is it just a passive stuff.
    Some Allies are rewards from opening Time Capsules and there are seasonal reward Allies. There is a fortify menu specifically for Allies. You can equip one Ally to assist you in combat for a few seconds (like a sidekick) and you can equip two sidekicks for their passive abilities. Some Allies have more than one passive ability and you have to choose which ability you want equipped.
    • Like x 1
  6. inferno Loyal Player

@Multiverse

I think you may have to do a video for players returning to the game that has links to all that stuff. Maybe an initial video that relates the changes and what year, then putting up links to that change for more in-depth explanation.
    • Like x 2
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Already done.....

;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

1) 2 a year for now...we'll see if that goes to 3.....or 1.

2) Some have a note at the bottom denoting an episode or feat ('Earth 3 Trophy' for example...goes to the Earth 3 ep base item feat), but that is not searchable in the broker, so not a lot of help except on drops. However base items drop like rain. If you need a base item feat from an old episode, just run the dailies or solo/duo from that episode and you'll have more than enough in no time. New episode drops I am donating probably 3 a day at least as I've consumed 100s by now.

3) Pick 1 of your toons as a 'catalyst' bank, or make one if you are not running 6 alts. Mail all cats to that toon, or move ones you are actively working on to your shared bank and mail the rest. Don't bother trying to keep all catalysts in shared as even at max, they won't all fit eventually. Personally I work on 1 augment at a time, vs all at once if playing catch up on a new toon/account so this works for me to mail and grab them later when I get to a new DLC augment. I don't like keeping 20 different ones on me.

4) You probably have 1 free CR skip at least. You will see it and can use it on any toon UNDER the skip's CR, but only once per skip. You could have more than 1, for different levels though, depending on how many you collected before your break. I have about 5 stored up over the last few years, so in theory I could bring 5 toons to different levels, or use them all on 1 toon in succession growing his CR as I went. Wasteful to do it that way, but you can't use a skip on a higher CR toon.
    4a) You will see paid skips for DBC or MPC on any toon and yes...you could use one of those on EVERY toon....you'll pay for each though. Just use free ones, or if you don't have any free ones, just grind the content. Gear and CR are stupid easy to get now just run quick solos or duos and you can level up in a few days...not worth the $45 or whatever they charge for one.

5) There are prohibited names like "Batman" or "Bruce Wayne". Some aren't even DC property like "Spiderman". Also I think names have to be 3 characters at least now. Without you putting in what you are looking for here, it's hard to say, but likely you are hitting one of the prohibited names.

6) Villains and Heroes can hang out anywhere but in the HOL or WT. Shout chat crosses the divide and you can send tells as well. You cannot group for content together, but you can invite to fill an open slot in a run and random queuing almost always lands you with someone of the other faction. Apart from a few runs where cross-faction is not allowed, like the ones from Hand of Fate DLC, or a few others like the alerts in AF2 DLC. Figure 85% of runs at least are good for cross faction.

7) Apart from a 5 min lockout, loot locks are removed from all but the newest 3 DLCs and event runs(on duty only...OW is locked daily/weekly as before). The 5 min timer really only matters where you are spamming the same run, and can finish in under 5 min. Ultimate Soldier or Doomsday raids would be the best examples of this as they are frequently run under 5 min.

8) You can get certain allies from opening TCs, buy for Source marks from Cyborg, From loyalty points vendor or from the MP. Note, they do not consume into a new one like Artifacts do, so do you research before committing to one you like, especially legendaries. If you just want some to start with, HOL bot, Cyborg and Oracle are cheap to buy and level and are very usable. They are not the 'best' ones, but they cost little and are better than nothing or a single legendary at level 4 or 5. (IMHO). You could have all 3 maxed out after a few days of work, or very little 'spend' on supplies from Dr Fate.

Just one thing I'd add if you are just coming back. Run the JLDC event content but don't open the daily/weekly boxes for now. Save those for when you are at CR 402+ You can get to 402 running anything in the game till your fingers bleed, but if you open those boxes at <402, you get just another piece of the same gear as anywhere else. Once you hit 402 gear, you'll get different drops out of them which will help you surpass 402 into endgame CR levels.

Run the stabilizer solo every day for free stabilizers. Make sure to pick up your daily claim, and hold onto the Destiny tokens for eventual use on seals for artis. And hold out on leveling your artis if you can. We've got a 2x XP week coming......'soon'.;)

Good luck and god speed.

EDIT: Corrected #7 due to the on-duty/ow difference.
    • Like x 2
  9. inferno Loyal Player

I saw that. Just a suggestion for a future video. I would like a quick overview of changes per year and into chapters. That way it's just a quick video. Example: chapter 2017, you could mention artifacts, the mission, how it changes gameplay and while explaining have the link pop-up that goes into your links on artifacts.
    Separating chapters by year, would allow any returning players to go directly to the years they left and any changes onward.
    Then they just follow whichever link explains further.
    • Like x 1
  10. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

This is a great suggestion. When I was waiting for the free CR skip, I just ran all the JLDC event content and saved all the boxes. I didn't open any until I hit 402.

If you really want to get to end game, you can also buy a couple of purple suits from the HoL vendors to get to 402 if you have a bunch of source marks. I think after I bought the 2nd set of 355 gear, you just need to farm a weapon, neck, rings, trinket to get to 402.
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, I always make this suggestion to anyone with low CR who's running event stuff. Opening those boxes to get the same junk you can get in Shady Nightclub faster and easier vs getting 'good' gear a few days...even weeks...later is a great help. You can still run the instances to get gear too...it's not like you are sitting on your hands doing nothing.
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I did not understand what you meant.

Good suggestion.

It is a tall order.... but I will see what I can do. ;)
  13. inferno Loyal Player

You're kinda in a unique situation as someone who pretty much has a video for every single thing that relates to dcuo that can be linked into that general summary. Since the videos are made by the same person and voiced by the same person; it provides a sense of continuity.
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Some people would call that my unfair advantage. ;)
  15. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Everybody else that's responded has pretty much covered everything, but I just wanted to add:

You can also look up base items on the wiki, and it will usually tell you what episode they came from. Alternatively, you can check by episode, and see what items came from a particular episode.

To check by item name: https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Base_Items
    To check by episode: https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Episode
    • Like x 1
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Don't fall victim to the pressure of monetization, all I can tell ya (unless you don't care and/or want to, of course).
    • Like x 1
  17. mexmex Dedicated Player

Thanks everyone, now running as before, thanks