Strat card damage

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Jan 21, 2024.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anyone some results on what the average damage of Strat card currently is?

I'm talking about dmg/sec with max proc chance.
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

Strat card was buffed to try and keep it in line with prec proc dmg. Might was 24% prec was a high 43% over might for dmg overtime proc. Might got a buff to 36% not enough to beat prec. meaning it's a straight up prec art only be used with a full prec loadout with no might dmg powers on the loadout to get the most out of it with prec. In the right hands this art is extremely dirty when used with electricity as a full prec dps no might dmg powers full prec.... also there is a cheat to proc it faster as a prec proc the wording was changed instead of fixing the problem lol
    • Like x 1
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isnt what i was looking for to be honest. ^^

As far as i know, the damage scales with your stats. So if you are a might-focused dps, getting it to proc off might abilities will result in higher dot opposed to prec procs. This obviously works the other way around too.
  4. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

So incase you didn't know prec only scales when a weapon dps buff is active. prec gets a weapon dps buff with the weapon buff 20% for 20sec. it gets another buff from a trolls group powerheal weapon buff 20% for 12sec plus 20% prec. meaning start card is extremely op with full prec. Might base might stats are a flat rate might does not need a weapon buff to scale or a troll. 43% prec and only 36% for might is a big difference when prec can scale with more weapon dps active. You simply cannot test this on a sparring target because sparring targets don't hit back. Anyone showing numbers off while they have start card on are not true numbers cuz the target does nothing but stand there. Also prec can get even more weapon dps buff by swaping in sparring AI. making prec unbelievable with start card none of this you can test on a sparring target
    • Like x 1
  5. Jcal Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

It's been a while since I've done an actual "numbers" check on strat card to be able to give you that. I don't even really remember what it used to hit for.
    I can tell you though, that it still works great with might. It's a situational artifact though, meaning you'll get better results with it in say elite content/raid-bosses more than just regular adds and enemies. The Budoka wasn't actually trying to answer your question, he was trying to force half-fact biased info onto people who don't really care (just like in game).

Your maximum proc chance goes from your crits that land. It doesn't actually give you a "this is the % chance." I can say it is practically required to be paired with transformation in order to get it to proc more often. The more damage+crits, the better chance of it activating.
    • Like x 3
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah, i just hoped to get around of running long and annoying in-depth tests on test server. :oops:

And yeah, without other crit chance buffs from claw, static or word of power, trans card is definitely required.

Would be nice to get some official stats of how high the chance of a proc on a crit is and how long the internal cooldown is (if there is any). But that would be too easy i guess. :D
  8. Wanning Comet Committed Player

I never tried to calc the dps from it since it scales from the hit that procs it and it trying to figure the dps on it would highly depend on what you are proc'ing it with.

From my experience, if a prec crit and a might crit do about the same damage, the strat proc from the prec hit will do more damage than from the might hit, ie strat scales more off of prec than from might. CD seems to be per target and I've had strat proc at the same time on two different targets with the five dummies. With brawling or dw prec, I usually proc strat within one to two rotations so around 8-14 hits or so? I've never tried to look at it with the parser to get any sort of dps breakdown. If you assume the CD on strat is 10s, may be more or less, I'm not sure if you can proc strat on one target and then on different target in under the 10s, it does seems to be able to proc at the same time on 2 targets, but it could be a bug that you get multiple procs at once. I've never looked into it to see if you proc on multiple targets at the same time if you get double damage or if it some one splits so that you effectively only ever get one proc at a time.

The strat procs can crit so trans and strat have very high synergy as trans will cause strat to proc more often and hit much harder.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think the Strat proc scales off of the initial damage that procced it. If i use taser pull and fear gas, the procs deal the same amount of damage, so its based on max stats. If a might ability procs it, it scales off might. If a prec attack procs it, it scales off prec.
    If you compare a prec hit vs might hit that hits for the same amount, it still wouldnt be equal because of the weapon combo or ability multiplier each weapon attack or ability has (unless its equal - we don't have any info, however).

The only way to truly know what's better - prec or might strat procs - would be if we get info on the strat card proc damage multiplier for prec and for might. If there isn't such a multipler, might would be far better because of the higher innate might stat that even all the % buffs for prec can't make up for. The other option to find out is to analyze roughly 200 strat card procs from both prec and might hits each, which is painful.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

T
    this is easily tested. I’m not home but I will test when I get home. As far as I was aware the strat procs off your stats and not the type of attack used to trigger the attack. I could be wrong but I can easily test when I get home.

As for the dps of strat. This is not something that’s static. Strat does better the more enemies you are attacking and if they have the health to survive long enough for the dot to fully tick. The damage you get in sparring targets is no where close to the actual numbers you’ll get. It’s more accurate on bosses since they do have the health to survive the multiple ticks.

If let’s say a tick of strat goes 100k damage it will tick for 100k every 2 secs (I believe) for 8 seconds. So 4 ticks of damage for 400k total damage. Since it’s based on a percentage of a percent to trigger there is no way to truly know how much damage you’ll get in a raid. If let’s say you have a group of 3 adds in a hallway one add could get the strat to trigger on the first tick of damage while the second could have it trigger at 50% health and the last would could do right before it died. Not to mention that most adds die in 3-8 seconds it would be rare for an add to get the full damage from the strat. There is also a delay before the first tick of damage (will verify this later too).
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I was able to steadily keep the strat proc up for 60 seconds, each hit doing 21k-28k damage (using multiple dot 's to activate it), and it hitting what seemed like every 1.8-2 sec.

Cool down doesn't seem to exist, double stacking didn't seem to happen, and it's damage was constantly regularly in the margin provided.

This was just one session of running 2x 60 sec parser on sparring target single target. So don't take this as "thorough testing": I was just trying to get you a couple number ideas.
    • Like x 1
  12. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

I will also add, just for informational purposes, that when I did do thorough testing of artifacts, I found the following results with my powers:

On adds, Source, Grim, Quislet did the most damage in regular and elite content with:
    Water, Celestial, Atomic, Sorcery, Electricity.

On adds with Red lantern, transformation, grim, quislet.

On bosses, in reg or elite, Source, Grim, Quislet did best with:
    Water, Atomic, Electricity, Sorcery.

On bosses with Celestial, Trans, Strat, Quislet proved to be best.
    On bosses with Red lantern, same as with adds.
  13. FaithfulJudgeDC New Player

Thank you Mr Deity kind Sir we love you deeply. I know we can always count on you to come riding in on your Firey Dragon bringing the much needed facts and testing.
    • Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Here are the results of the testing:

Might spec:
    Might tick damage: 59k-62k crits, 23k-25k none crits
    Prec tick damage: 31k- 34k crits, 14k-15k none crits
    Might ticks with weapon buff active: 44k-47k crits, 19k-21k none crits
    Prec ticks with weapon buff active: 40k-43k crits, 17k-18k none crits

Prec spec:
    Might tick damage: 52k-54k crits, 21k-23k none crits
    Prec tick damage: 45k-47k crits, 18k-19k none crits
    Might ticks with weapon buff active: 49k-52k crits, 18k-21k none crits
    Prec ticks with weapon buff active: 55k-58k crits, 23k-25k none crits

I find it odd that they do less damage when you have mixed stats compared to having a single stat. And this isn’t just for might but also for prec.
    • Like x 3
  15. appocolyps Committed Player

Interesting findings, would be worth looking into if SP allocation into your secondary damage stat is also affecting this?!?! Nice work
  16. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

After I posted I did try that too and did see different numbers. However when I have time I am actually going to strip my toon down to get more accurate data
  17. appocolyps Committed Player

Damn im going to have to tell the troll off if he buffs might hehehe, seems like a bizarre way to be working though in all seriousness, makes me question if this is expected behavior.
  18. Massah Committed Player

For your comparison did you do Might with no weapon damage and Precision with no might damage applied?

I had already know about Strategist Card doing less damage if Precision based and a might damage tick was applied (including the Might-scaling Orbital strike)

I was wondering if the same applies with Might based strategist card where if you don't do any white damage than the Strategist card ticks will be larger than of you perform mixed damage.
  19. L T Devoted Player

Yeah on the test server this weekend I got very different results.

In my testing of Strat:
    • Might Strat ticks and Precision Strat ticks seemed completely independent of each other.
    • Increasing your Might increased your Might Strat ticks, but did not decrease precision ones.
    • Increasing your precision, either through the weapon buff or skill points, did not affect your Might Strat damage, but buffed your precision strat ticks.
    • Precision ticks were overall a bit lower than Might ones, but using the weapon buffs more than made up for it.
    • It seemed like there might be an overall limit to strat DPS, but hitting that limit required both might and prec to generate strat ticks (at least at the CR and stat level I tested at).
    • Like x 1
  20. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I just realized I never followed up on this thread. Sorry guys been so busy that I’ve barely checked things here lol. These were my updated test numbers. I had stripped my toon down as much as possible and removed anything RNG related (like Batman who laughs). I also removed augments and any stat boosters to try and get my base stats as close to even as possible (prec augs being higher in toons I tested and having prec head augs but no might). The only source of boosted stats that I didn’t remove were the prec gen mods. I believe I removed the neck mod and all white mods too.

Prec spec:
    Prec ticks max prec: 53k-59k
    With Weapon Buff: 69k-73k
    Might ticks max prec: 37k-42k
    With Weapon buff: 37k-42k
    Prec ticks w/ 358 in might: 53k-58k
    With weapon buff: 68k-73k
    Might ticks w/ 358 in might: 43k-49k
    With weapon buff: 43k-49k

Might spec:
    Prec ticks max might: 39k-42k
    With Weapon Buff: 49k-54k
    Might ticks max might: 47k-53k
    With Weapon buff: 48k-53k
    Prec ticks w/ 358 in prec: 47k-52k
    With weapon buff: 62k-65k
    Might ticks w/ 358 in prec: 47k-53k
    With weapon buff: 47k-53k

For prec players it’s easy to lock yourself into lower strat procs while using damaging abilities. However the procs were higher. With might your stats were overall lower but there was no issue with weapon weaving in order to turn a single tick into a double tick. I may need to retest using augments to see how the scaling works.
    • Like x 2