Did Mepps Leave DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Feb 10, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

Most issues are probably EG7 related,telling us they are pouring the revenue of dcuo to other games tells enough a dev probably lacks motivation too if you know that the money and succes of dc wont matter since it will be put into other titles so why bother providing quality gameplay. The term „lack of ressources“ (lack of funding?) was used multiple times by devs before if i recall correctly And thats a clear sign how this game is milked more then fed.
    • Like x 2
  2. Designated Well-Known Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

Well, the bloom is off the rose, that's for sure.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dene Devoted Player

don't post stuff like this.. the doomsayers need their space to doomsay lol
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The previous Senior Concept Artist left the company this past December. He was there for only three years. Guess where he's working now?

Edit: But I'm glad they were able to fill that position quickly.
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

It would be hysterical if Mepps gets hired on at Jack Emmert's game studio as CM... and some time down the road Jack along with some investors buys DCUO from EG7. Jack and his band (former D'ink / DCUO devs) gets to work on DCUO again. Then what the forums would like?
    [IMG]
  7. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Some of these comments are pretty extreme.

Mepps may have not been the perfect community manager, but I'd be willing to bet the toxicity shown here towards him will not fly with the person that replaces him either. And those that had a problem with Mepps, will continue to have a problem with the next person as well.

Personally I may have disagreed with Mepps on some stuff, but most of my communications with him went well. I wish him the best with whatever he does next. :)
    • Like x 9
  8. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps, but hopefully the new one actually does their job. If you look at other games (literally any), you will notice the difference in transparency pretty quickly.
    • Like x 1
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

If we even get one …

Forums are a dying form of social media … a lot of companies don’t even have a forum anymore. That rely on Facebook/reddit/and discord where it’s mostly hands off for them and they don’t have to maintain anything.

Would mot be shocked to see the forums go away now.
    • Like x 2
  11. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

I have been to the forums of many other games throughout my life, they honestly did not seem much different from these forums.

Also, we don't know what Mepps was allowed to do and what he wasn't allowed to do. So if you mean the lack of transparency from the developers, that isn't on his shoulders, if he was told he can't tell us this or that, there is not much he can do about that.
    • Like x 4
  12. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

May he rest easy knowing that we will be equally unheard and ignored without his nerdy presence. The rest of of the team will have to find someone new to stuff in the locker, unfortunately.
    • Like x 1
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Obviously not every game. You are also forgetting that even a simple copy/paste "we will look into it", "I will take note of it", or even "I will forward this idea to the dev team" would go an extremely long way. Even a simple "no, this is not possible" is better than freakin' nothing.

Edit: Instead he rathered let people think the sky is falling, as evidenced by lack of reassurance after major occurrences happened (such as mass dev exodus). A simple "it will be okay" would have calmed down hundreds if not thousands of players panicking.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I can't believe were back at that point if we don't know were moving forward.

I know nothing about how this game is put together or who actually does what but the one requirement I think is key is you have to be a big, stupid DC Comics fan and that in itself is a dying breed. This is why I always opt for a "below the radar" approach. Super Heroes are on a downward spiral. DC Comics is barely afloat. If there is any new life to be brought to the game it has to be someone who cries at the opening of "Superman: the Movie".

I always found mepps to have an insufferably amusing sense of wit.
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

Interesting:
    But nonetheless.
    You are putting blame on his shoulders for something that could have easily been out of his control. A lot was happening at the time, for all we know they told Mepps not to even bother addressing it until they feel it should be addressed.
    • Like x 4
  16. the solowing Steadfast Player

Best of Luck Mepps on your future endeavors!!

Hanging up the cape, but what weapon/loincloth will he donning next?
    • Like x 4
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

Wouldn't the mystery of the successor be solved here :D
  18. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It's obvious this game makes an extremely massive amount of money it was only a matter of time before MEPPS asked for more money. Like every business that makes too much money...here's the door don't let it hit you on the way out. Everybody is replaceable don't ever think you're not replaceable. there are people coming right out of school that this company can pay way cheaper to do the same amount of work. Mepps like others have hit the max hourly rate. probably tried to negotiate and they said why would we give you more when there's a guy that's 30 years younger than you we can pay $30 an hour less for. Sad truth but this is how she goes
    • Like x 1
  19. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Mepps didnt leave DayBreak. DayBreak left Mepps.
    • Like x 3
  20. hotsizz1e03 Committed Player

Or more like Zeus and Hera..
    • Like x 1