Did Mepps Leave DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Feb 10, 2024.

1. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Geez I leave for a bit and come back and Mepps is gone, dang that’s not the dev update a lot of people were expecting I’d imagine?
    • Like x 2
  2. Sollace Well-Known Player

Hopefully it won't be as bad as politics, and I hope that a brighter and more rewarding future will follow!
    • Like x 1
  3. appocolyps Committed Player

Mepps leaving under these circumstances is neither funny or something to be discussed with any kind of celebration, as many flaws as he had, he has done a hell of a lot of great for this game over the years.

Redundancies are a difficult and life changing event for most people, perhaps he took vaulentary redundancy, who knows, to jump to conclusions however in such a public forum regarding his personal welfare is rather unsavory tbh, either way i would like to wish him well in his career and future endeavors.
    • Like x 1
  4. Ranmaru Developer

I can't comment on certain things, but if you guys can't keep it civil in here I will not hesitate to lock the thread; it is the weekend so most devs are spending time with their family or other obligations.
    • Like x 28
  5. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Serious thoughts I guess we’re good till March till they need to announce the next seasonal. They’ve had other devs announce bonus weeks before so I’m going to assume that’ll be the plan for now anyways? Really curious how they’ll deal with the Discord, Twitter and Twitch/YouTube accounts from here on in? And these forums? Maybe RedFive, Glitter and Writing Desk will do livestreams from now on? Assuming they aren’t laid off either? DCUO’s future getting pretty dicey rn. We needed Mepps to give us the deets on well Mepps leaving, what now?
  6. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I've been a team manager - when you have a missing role you either see if the team can stretch to cover temporarily, or you change things as a work-around. pending a more permanent solution Something like that will be happening backstage. The frustration is as a player being in the dark about what happens next, and it's just one in a series of changes that have rattled the base.
    • Like x 2
  7. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Forgot to say...

Good luck Mepps, hope you transition to your next spot soon.
    I too work in tech and was recently laid off from a 5+ year run with Snapchat. Along with hundreds of industry friends.
    Tech has been getting hit hard these last few years.

If I end up working with you one day...until then.
    • Like x 4
  8. Bubbla Active Player

Mepps if you are still haunting the boards good luck in the future.
    • Like x 3
  9. zNot Loyal Player

i wish mepps everything well and i guess anyone that does a job for 10+ years will have up and downs. And wishing you a great weekend too appreciate that you came to the forums on a weekend thats real dedication!
    • Like x 3
  10. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

You mean since Thursday?

Edit: Wow, I guess so. o_O
  11. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Is he going to play the Opry? Is he gonna play at the Wabash Cannonball?

Who is gonna fill his shoes?
    • Like x 1
  12. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I'd just like to point out that as a community manager, I doubt Mepps had much to do with making decisions about the game, other than relaying our requests to the dev team. It's my understanding that as community manager, his domain was strictly letting us know what's going on.

Was not expecting a George Jones quote today...! :D
    • Like x 4
  13. Sollace Well-Known Player

Well, maybe we'll have a real (allied) artefact system linked to the account this time, rather than this current scam!
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

...You should be more concerned about other things. Multiple senior staff members getting laid off is a big red flag for the game.
    • Like x 10
  15. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

It’s not a good look
    • Like x 2
  16. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Lol like fr this playerbase wants jacuzzis and saunas in their houses but guess what the bank called? And they foreclosed on your mortgage and now you’re homeless and oh yeah the house is burning down anyways. Like priorities people priorities.
    • Like x 2
  17. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That sounds like an insurance nightmare.
    • Like x 1
  18. Dominic Blue Dedicated Player

Just like DCUO probably. How does the only online multiple platform console multiplayer game with Superman, Batman etc not be able to afford to keep their community manager? And all the company cares about is funneling money back into EverQuest instead of you know making a better game? Just baffling at this point.
    • Like x 3
  19. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... The company seems to be laying off staff, but people think that's a good thing and fantasize about what amazing things they're going to get... Just goes to show you what the real problem with DCUO is and always has been... :rolleyes:
    • Like x 9
  20. Sollace Well-Known Player

I'm waiting to see the results of that!)

But if not, is there anything wrong with wishing for something "holier" for us, the gamers that we are?