Change the Mainframe's Boost timers

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by PANDAmic, Jan 30, 2024.

1. PANDAmic New Player

Don't know if this has been brought up before, but the way the 60-day expiration for "Boosts" is currently set doesn't make sense. It appears that 60 days, means exactly 1,440 hours from when you purchase them. If you purchased the boost at, say, 1:31PM, it would expire exactly at 1:31PM on the 60th day. This means that in the middle of gameplay, you could lose the effects of any boosts unless you're tracking the expiration and run back to base or have a mainframe bot. Also, since the timers are per boost, you could end up having boosts set to expire at randomly different times of the day if you didn't purchase them all at once. I'd just like to propose the idea that the boost timers have the same mechanic as the generator batteries. From 100%, the batteries will reach 0% 30 days from purchase, but the depletion is per day. Meaning on the 30th day, when you log into a character, no matter what time of the day, you'll need to recharge the batteries to get its benefits. Much easier to manage than having to make sure you either login if after a certain time every 60 days or watch a clock while playing.
    • Like x 7
  2. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I'd be happy if they just raised the cost and made them permanent so you don't even need to think about them. They got rid of repairing for the same reason. It's just an inconvenience.
    • Like x 6
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

We can re-purchase league buffs and replace base generator batteries before they expire. We should be able to do the same with mainframe boosts. It is pretty annoying having to wait until my mods stop working mid-raid, especially that when playing on multiple toons it's hard to keep track of how many days are left on each.
    • Like x 4
  4. myandria Item Storage

Agreed on all points. It seems like a waste of source marks because you cannot refresh the boosts before they expire.

Suggestion: I think the boosts should be initially unlocked with source marks, then use in game money to refresh them before they expire so they are on par with the generator batteries. If a player wants them on permanently, then source marks should be required to keep them "always on" 24/7. For example; $2,000 for each boost to refresh and keep active or 100 source marks for each boost to make it permanently on.
    • Like x 4
  5. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It is annoying when it expires halfway through a Raid.

They got rid of Repair..... let's get rid of this too.
    • Like x 5
  6. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I would like to be able to purchase the boost 2 to 3 days before it runs
    • Like x 4
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It might be a tough pill to swallow, but letting my buffs run out till they all expire at the same time was worth the few days it took running without them to get it done. Granted, if your expires are 2 weeks apart, that might be a PITA, but if it's a day or 2, run without your orbital or SD or mods for a few days....and get them on the same schedule. Might be a good few days to concentrate on alts.

I mean unless they are going to fix it. Personally the 'easy' fix would just be to let us up them if we are within 2-3 days of expiring, vs having to wait till they are expired.

EDIT: Not that getting them in sync will help in the mid raid expires, but at least you'd only get 1 event of that every 60 days...not 4 or 5.
  8. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Just get rid of this "mechanic", and redesign the Cyborg ally, much in the same way Oracle was redesigned when another nuisance was removed.
    • Like x 2
  9. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Cyborg has nothing to do with this. This thread is about mainframe boosts - the ones you have to purchase every 2 months for 7SM each and you can't do it before they expire, unlike batteries in generator, which you can replace pretty much whenever you like and which cost practically nothing.
  10. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I just couple them together, personally. If one of them dies, the other one may as well go too. *shrugs* ;)
    • Like x 1
  11. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

This is the one right here

Edit* but you know it will be like 200 marks each so they can sell source marks for them (not that source marks are hard to get)
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd pay 200 per boost to never have to visit the mainframe again. Heck...I'd pay 500 each, or make it 1000, but it's account wide vs per toon. As you said, SM are easy to get, and what else am I supposed to do with 30K+ SM?
    • Like x 1
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I wish I had 30k I been back a year and I still have so much to buy
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

All total on all toons I'm probably over 100K. Guess I should spend some sometime, but I don't want to run short at some point and have to resort to joining a USR spam....ick.
    • Like x 2
  15. PsySomatic Extra Life 2020

This has been brought up before, unfortunately nothing has come of it. I think several things could and should be done though:

1. Change it so that we can rebuy whenever we want.

2. Allow us to buy multiple months in a row, so we can just buy years worth of it.

3. Add another permanent unlock option for like 250 source marks each.

4. Make them account bound so that you only have to worry about it once and can rebuy them on any toon if they expire.

5. Just remove the need to rebuy entirely and grant all players the benefits upon unlocking the 3rd tier.

But the same goes with the batteries, because if the batteries die, you lose access to your equipment, perks, etc entirely.

I don't mind these things, so I don't want them to go away, but they definitely could be improved to make it better for us as players.
    • Like x 3
  16. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Agree with your suggestion. I don't necessarily need permanent boosts (although nice idea), but given the countdown timer is not all that accurate I would definitely like to be able to choose when to refresh the boosts rather than waiting for the minute that they expire, or worse, having them expire inconveniently.

Just adding my 2c.
    • Like x 1
  17. MiLady Well-Known Player

They could even create a token on Marketplace to make the boosts permanently, rather that the current method of paying rent every 60 days.
    • Like x 1