Did Mepps Leave DCUO

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by zNot, Feb 10, 2024.

1. zNot Loyal Player

If so whats your thoughts on it?

watched a video of obsidianchill as he showed evidence for it.
    • Like x 5
  2. Alushaun Well-Known Player

I care just as little as when Spytle left, if true.

But if true, I appreciate what good things he did during his time here and respect the dedication to making that money for so long with the same gig. I already heard a few of the devs here also work/will work for Rockstar, but you know how rumors are.
    • Like x 1
  3. SingingCoyote Active Player

End of the game. Laying someone off who knows so much of the community, says a whole lot about the future of dc.
    • Like x 2
  4. BumblingB I got better.

There is a difference between laid off and fired, though both result in no job, one is company related the other is employee actions related.

If this is true, I will miss him. We had our share of issues, but it was never personal.

I wonder how many layoffs happened, we only know of two.
    • Like x 5
  5. zNot Loyal Player

So the least „usefull“ devs got the layoff? First i thought he left by own choice but on the other hand if the company sends him away and a few more then its for $ reasons to save it which means they arent willing to invest more into dcuo
  6. KidKretz Committed Player

in the comment section of Andy D. in that video, someone in the comment section said they were impacted as well, so prob safe to say at least 3
  7. KidKretz Committed Player

this doesnt bode well for the longevity and quality of the game me thinks, nevertheless, there is soooo much to do in the game as it sits right now for those of us who have not kept up with final endgame, that i hope the game can continue thru micro transactions for a long time yet.

going forward though, my expectations are way down, which i think is a good bar to set right now. i expect seasonals and lots of time capsules more than new episodes.

think the game has shifted into a different direction that the old days are now behind us and i cant/shouldnt live in them anymore.

hello, stat clamp, i shall embrace you now!!!
  8. BumblingB I got better.

[IMG]

We don't know if this is company wide (EG7) or localized to the Austin Studio.
  9. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

now we are officially at seasonal events only and maintenance mode

they wont tell you no new eps are coming

rip dcuo
  10. kingofthebeast Active Player

I was never a fan of mepps. Thought he was sensitive, unfair and gave preference to certain people who unfortunately are still around. He's a sjw who got off on a power trip. The absolute arrogance and pompous nature of that guy sickened me(and my wife). That being said, my heart goes out to him and those that depend on him. I'm a husband and father and I have been laid off before. It's not a great thing so as much as I disliked him, I cannot cheer at him losing his job. Mepps if you read this, good luck with everything and wish you all the best
    • Like x 7
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I guess the survey responses weren't too positive.
    • Like x 7
  12. zNot Loyal Player

The last designer we had engaged and told us so much on the forums he was more with the community then the community manager even though its not even the lead designers job to do so
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Yeah it's about to be dead silent around here now.
    • Like x 3
  14. Massah Committed Player

+1

I obviously don't meld with the dev team.

(Took a nearly 10 years break from the game due to HL and then precision weapon gameplay changes er .. GU36 era)

I am wondering whom is taking over Mepps position of forum and test server update posts??
  15. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Geez. If ever there was a thread that could use some Mepps moderation.
    • Like x 12
  16. Emoney Dedicated Player

It's about time, this is a change that was needed a looooong time ago. He should have left when Jens left. I couldn't help but get a toxic workplace vibe from him, and thats why so many good devs left over the years. I am optimistic that this change will be the start of something great, as opposed to the sky is falling thoughts some of you have. But, even if this is the inevitable end, it was a good run and the longest I've played any game.
    • Like x 8
  17. zNot Loyal Player

This is veeery good news if they hire new devs if they dont its bad because it means they intent to run dc with even less staff.
    so it really depends if they let mepps go because they werent happy with his work and replace him (and the other devs who got layoff) or because they want to shrink the dev team to reduce costs.
    • Like x 2
  18. Proxystar #Perception

All the best to Mepps and any dev that might have experienced redundancy, not a pleasant time or experience. best of luck for your future(s).

Too all you others in here loosely or blatantly celebrating his departure your lack of empathy and intelligence is astounding, yet the names of people doing it are entirely unsurprising.
    • Like x 17
  19. Emoney Dedicated Player

First thought I had it could have been the survey...not so much the responses but the actual survey. Imagine if your boss says, hey, make a survey for the players so we can gauge the community, and that one question, lazy survey is what he produced.
  20. Emoney Dedicated Player

Oh please. I am excited for change! It has been needed. Obviously, it sucks that anyone loses a job from a human perspective...but for this game, it's a positive change and I don't feel the slightest regret in voicing that opinion.
    • Like x 4