NEW TIME CAPSULE!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by GhostRyder3000, Feb 7, 2024.

1. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

You are probably right which is why I'll be taking a break.
    • Like x 1
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Me & my sister are on a break right now. We’ve been playing a lot of Baldur’s Gate and it is a time sink lol. Story wise it’s pretty good as the choices you make directly affect the story line. The graphics are great on my PS5. Combat wise…. :(. Combat has a LOT to be desired, especially coming from a game with a great combat style like DCUO. I truly dislike the combat in Baldur’s Gate.
    • Like x 3
  3. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Wouldn't be bothered by it either way. I have 768 SP. Most of the feats I am missing are partially due to some RnG feats in elite and elite + and primarily from the lack of interest in the TCs, and not hurting at all in that department.
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The combat in Baldur's Gate is supposed to mirror a typical game of D&D. It's slow but it gives you time to strategize.
    • Like x 1
  5. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

OH, ok, see we’ve never played anything like that before so we were like this really sucks lol. I can understand why it is the way it is then if they are modeling off of a board game. I love the combat in DCUO a whole lot better. Lol
    • Like x 1
  6. PolishEagle Dedicated Player

I hope we get a Carol Ferris ally. Best looking character in the game!
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you're interested you should look into finding a group for D&D to try that. If story telling, improv and character customization is your thing you would love D&D.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sollace Well-Known Player

Since the subscription was withdrawn, this game's only focus has been our wallets, the game experience isn't even thought out any more, capsules, artefacts and allies are this studio's main concern, They're just in the process of burying it and squeezing money out of it using what little means they have left, they've really screwed us with the D-ink buyout, it was supposed to make the studio "better" supposedly it's become worse than before, in a word, it's deliberate sabotage. ..
    • Like x 2
  9. Rainnifer Committed Player

Maybe we are playing completely different games but I get the opposite experience. Getting away from needing a subscription to be able to play the ever-increasing list of Episodes with everyone else was one of the best changes they've done in a while. Capsules and artifacts have also already been in the game for a long period before removing the subscription locks, so I don't know what makes those more prevalent now.
    I returned over a half-year break and thanks to all these changes I can go right back to playing with little worry, because I'm not missing out on the content due to needing a subscription that expects me to keep playing forever
  10. Sollace Well-Known Player

one of the best changes really?

No more new powers, less DLC, no new abilities ever added, "marketed" style recycling, €200 capsule, €80 token, if you don't see anything after that...
    • Like x 1
  11. Rainnifer Committed Player

From what I remember, most of that were already problems way before this subscription change ever came. I don't know about less DLC, but I actually was surprised to see I didn't miss a whole dlc during my break, I played a bit of shock to the system before I left and saw it's only on the next dlc since then. The token is interesting, it is an item that only benefits dedicated players with more than one main character, it isn't necessary otherwise and they do need to make money somehow. I'd take having all episodes open to play to everyone over multi-character artifacts any day.
  12. Cypharr Committed Player

One minute it's about how there's no support for monetization in the game "all the game is about" the next on my thread is support for how Daybreak will loose money if they implemented my suggestion. Not talking about you just referencing how people on the forum are on a witch-hunt. "I must disagree with him no matter the cost" they said think. FYI people should learn to disagree without getting the panties in a bunch and catching feelings, hateful feelings. Let's share our opinions and agree to disagree in arguments through dialogue.
    • Like x 1
  13. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Been wanting a harley hair style 4 ages that didn't have goggles on her head so I will open the tc on both my accounts. As for the rest of the tc never even heard of tool but reminds me of sports master kinda

As for everyone mad that there is no dlc release yet its your own fault for not paying attention to dev notes because they told us last year we will only get 2 dlc a year. One in April or beginning of May and one in October.
    For me this is to long to play without content and I don't include holiday events as new content because nothing has changed in them to make it new but rewards and the increase price of the rewards. I am waiting 4 final fantasy rebirth to come out to kill time and I have both arkham knights and red sun to keep me busy some time this year..
    • Like x 3
  14. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Sell duplicates and use the proceeds to buy what RNG denied you off the broker. There's no reason that process shouldn't net you everything in the TC with maybe the exception of the rarest collection piece in the rarest of the three collections.
    • Like x 1
  15. Cypharr Committed Player

That's exactly what I do. Then wait a few many months to buy the rare collection piece if RNG denied initial gratifications.
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I can agree with this for sure. I for one also don't sugarcoat anything, especially when it comes to monetization. I really don't think they "lose money" (wording. Extra profits, perhaps?) if certain things are implemented, nor do I care as it is none of my business as a consumer. They already have the systems in place enough to have enough and not "lose" squat. It was already admitted that this is their cash cow game. I personally highly doubt they don't make enough to keep the game running (and/or to pay the devs), everything added is just to further milk the cow.

I will never support monetization done wrong.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Is that Final Fantasy VII? Dawnrider is coming out for Final Fantasy XIV in summer.
  18. Deathmournex New Player

will the unlocked time capsules but for wonderverse be in the marketplace?
  19. Eve YouTuber

Do you mean Wondrous? It won't hit the market place again but the items would be hitting Booster Gold's Vendor I think in the next resurgence run.