DCUO Survey

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Metallix Active Player

New hairstyles like black lighting new human skins make new gear that's not in the game add two more artifact slots so we can have 5 instead of 3
  2. AthalwolfCOH Level 30

block cr skippers, no gear wearing weekend jokers from filling up Elite queue. they want to try a spin half-as*ed at the game = let them do it at event or normal level. so tried of not even able to finish sffe Once this event due to rainbow aug wearing, no arts, no pets no sp idiots.
    • Like x 1
  3. NerdofGames New Player

This was the first time I've been able to participate in a survey. I thought this was a new idea and had no idea it has been around before. At any rate, I dropped my sword and gripped my pen. What comes next is left up to them. Lol (I just rhymed. That was an unplanned rhyme. xD) Anyways, here's hoping for a better and brighter DCUO in 2024; although, last year wasn't so bad.
  4. NerdofGames New Player

Lol Less is more. jk. Couldn't resist, mate. Yea, but the game is highly saturated with cosmetics as it is. I mean, what more do you want? As far as seasonal content goes, all the original seasonals need an overhaul. Not just added to but an entire new concept reconstruction. But last year they lost employees and had a hard time replacing them, so that was the reason for little content. I think they rose to the occasion and overcame obstacles. I'd say, in military terms, BRAVO ZULU to the team. Sometimes, you gotta give credit where credit exist.
    • Like x 1
  5. julianes05 Level 30

there should be 3 free character slots instead of two for free to play players
  6. WhiteLanternNC Level 30

I think there needs to be more interaction between the devs and the community. I remember all the fun everyone had with the old FNL livestreams and I think the community could do with something like that were we can play and ask the devs questions.
    • Like x 3
  7. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The reasons for this state of the game may be completely justified... but this, alas, does not change the state of the game itself...
    It is possible and necessary to recognize merit where it exists... but at the same time, there is a tendency to reduce content at all levels (including cosmetics (one of the most common complaints we hear on this forum is that developers concentrate too much on cosmetics and abandon the content... but even in terms of cosmetics, the quantity has decreased (someone might say that the quality has increased... but that’s a completely different conversation... and it’s controversial and depends on tastes...)) the games will not get away from this ...
    If the current state of the game is just a transitional period, and in the future we will see an increase in the quality and quantity of content, then that’s one thing... but if this is the new norm... then this is bad...
    The question is whether this is a surmountable obstacle or, like with an old car, after every repair something else breaks (either a new owner, then coronavirus, or the departure of developers...)...
  8. Eve YouTuber

I made a smiliar comment in the survey. Communication goes a long way and bringing back community streams (and not really boss spawns or anything) can be really fun for both players and Devs. Gotta start somewhere.
    • Like x 3
  9. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I think a lot of people don't realize how quick, cheap and easy it is to level up old head augments. Just today I leveled a Wonderverse head aug from 0-23. It took 12 pristine mk18 exobytes for the xp, I spent about $6M on the broker for the catalysts and it took me all of 4-6 minutes. If people aren't willing to invest that into getting a feat then that's just lazy.
    • Like x 1
  10. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

It just takes extra longer to make groups when ppl have to do that before we get in the content. It's one less problem to worry about for new players and vets. when making groups that might not even get the feat. the time it takes to get these Feats especially the elite ones doesn't outweigh the reward 9 times out of 10 its gonna be a faild group. I spent 10 hours the other day to get 1sp that's insane and still didn't get that last feat I wasted 4 hours on. So again so many people out there spending so much time on Feats with little reward for the time spent. You wasted 4 to 6 minutes and 6 million plus seals. Now you got to waste your time finding people who have the Adaptive augments which is going to be a needle in a haystack
  11. FazlaBakmaKafaYapar Active Player

First of all, I would like to express my respect and love to all the players. Now I will write what I am going to write in Turkish. Maybe there may be errors when I use the English translation, so I want you to translate it.

1.) US+EU=1 / 2 Server 1 server içinde olmalı. Bütün oyuncular birlikte olmalı.

2.) Elit plus kaldırılmalı ( Çünkü yeni başlayan oyuncular çok fazla var, yeni oyuncular güçlü olmadıkları için hile kullanmak zorunda kalıyorlar ve eski oyuncular hileler yüzünden oyunu bırakıp gittiler.)

3.) Oyunda bir görev hatası olduğunda ve bu görev hatasının resmi çekilip atıldığında destekten yardım istenildiğinde o hata hemen düzeltilmeli ve oyuncuya destek olmak için görev yapılmış bir şekilde oyuncuya teslim edilmeli.

4.) Eventler arka arkaya yada aynı tarih içinde 1'den fazla yapılmamalı. Sadece çocuklar değil herkes oynuyor bu oyunu her yaştan. İnsanlar kendilerine ve ailesine zaman ayırmalı.

5.) Geliştiriciler sadece oyunu geliştirmek için değil, hesap açıp server içinde bizimle ( Gizli oyuncu ) olarak oynamalı ve sohbetlerde oyuncuların yaşadığı sıkıntıları o an onlarla birlikte yaşamalı ve anlık olarak çözüm getirip problemi çözmeli.

6.) Pazarda satış yapıldığında komisyon yada farklı ücret alınmamalı çünkü item eğer satılmazsa kasamızdaki para azalıyor ve biz buna üzülüyoruz, masraf ödediğimiz için.

7.) Günde en fazla 2 saat oynayabilen çalışan yani gerçek hayatta çok meşgul olan ama bu oyunuda oynamak isteyen insanları düşünerek ayda 1 kez olmak üzere toplu 1 ödül verilmeli hediye paket içinde. ( Bu paketin içinde 1 ay içinde kazanılması gereken özüllerin %10'u hesaplanıp verilmeli.

8.) Sohbetlerde otomatik çeviri düğmesi konulmalı ve her oyuncu birbirleriyle anlaşabilmeli. Oyuncular Birbirlerini anlayabilmeli okuyabilmeli ve yazabilmeli.

9.) OYUNA TÜRKÇE DİL DESTEĞİ Mutlaka getirilmeli.

10.) Oyuncuların oynadığı ülkelerde belirli oyunculara TEMSİLCİLİK verilmeli ve oyuncu yetkilendirilmeli. Çünkü, Her ülkeden oynayan oyuncuların maddi durumları farklı. Bazı oyuncular zengin bazı oyuncular fakir. Maddi durumu kötü olan oyuncularda bu oyunu oynuyor ve oynamak istiyor, Bu yüzden her ülkenin parasıyla oyun içi alışveriş yapılmalı. Örnek: ( Türkiye'de 1 dolar = 30 Türk lirası ) Türkiye'deki oyuncular bir şey satın almak istediklerinde satın alamıyorlar çünkü çok pahallı oluyor. Tam 30 katı oluyor. Eğer siz her ülkeden 1 oyuncu yada 2, 3 oyuncu seçerseniz ve bu oyuncularla iş birliği yapıp temsilcilik verirseniz oyuna para akışı daha güçlü olucaktır. Sizin 1 dolara sattığınızı biz kendi ülkemizde 1 türk lirasına satın almak istiyoruz. Bana güvenin satışlarınız çok hızlı artıcak, oyuncu sayınız yükselicek, bütün oyuncular güçlenicek, hem siz para kazanacaksınız hemde oyuncular oyunu zevk alarak VE HİLESİZ OYNAYACAKLAR.!

Ben 2011'den beri farklı hesaplar ile bu oyunu oynayan bir oyuncu olarak, bugüne kadar oynadığım tüm oyunlarda oyun yöneticilği yapmış biri olarak, ve bu oyundaki online süresi en uzun liglerden biri olan TÜRKİYE Liginin lideri olarak sizden ricamdır. US+EU Server'ı acil olarak birleştirin en hızlı şekilde.

Dc Universe Online EU Server TÜRKİYE League Leader - FazlaBakmaKafaYapar
    https://www.youtube.com/@MustafaGEZMEN
    I wish all players fun games.

• Like x 1
  12. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Im a teacher so I understand being mandated to present a survey yearly & having to adjust next year based on the previous responses….. but man what makes me mad about dcuo is that these surveys come out, we all know dang well what the responses on the survey all say & we literally never even see a attempt to improvements in the game…

2 dlc a year is ok for eso, not for dcuo because here we really just get reused maps and 15min raids

Monthly rewords have had a vastly negative response & very few people use the 21 day reward in game based on what ive seen in game and the forums comments ( outside of the lightning stuff & cheetah material) … there is a thread full of style suggestions,,, oh idk how about a base theme? Make it a flat if that’s easier

Dev transparency is something u constantly see people asking for, check this thread… maybe its my fault for wanting every dev team to be like smite, but this past year has to been the worst for dev outreach

The powers dont make you money thing is valid I guess…. But does that really mean u cant update past power trees? No quality of life improvements for the og powers… why does suppressor turrent look like it belongs to munitions?

Then its the clamp and whole skill point situation… i dont even wanna get into it, because someone with 600 sp is going to tell me sp dont matter just level artifacts, but man I understand why a new player might look at the skill progression system and turn their back… if yall dont, you are your own reason why your losing money.

I have a small feeling that a free cr skip will be floating around when the ps5 client drops, but 70 sp is a insanely low starting point, as someone who works with this generation of kids, I teach 9th grade US history, hate to generalize but these kids do not want to grind this progression system… look how easy the Fortnite/ call of duty battle pass is, anything harder then that these teens aren’t interested in…

THAT NEW INTRODUCTION LEVEL MEANS NOTHING IF PEOPLE GET OFF THE SHIP AND INSTANTLY ARE TURNED AWAY BY THE FACT THAT IT WILL BE WAY TO HARD TO PLAY CATCHUP
    • Like x 5
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

It wasn't a waste at all. It was well worth it. I don't use seals though. Old augment catalysts are dirt cheap on the broker most of the time. It's not uncommon to see stacks of 20 or 30 for only a couple million. If the breakthrough fails it's a tiny loss at most and I'll have more than enough to keep trying to breakthrough again and again.

Also, most of the players in my league are smart enough to keep their augments. If someone is missing them, we have no problem giving them 5 minutes to rectify that problem. Having the augments is a big part of being prepared for the feat. But failing to prepare is preparing to fail.
  14. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

So you at all don't think it's kind of dumb to have this many augments in the game and expect people to have all of them and have to go through them every time they want to do something? The developers are asking how they can make the game better I'm surprised you don't think this is one of those things wouldn't you want to clear your head from this mess I sure as hell do
  15. imWEAK New Player

A Square/modern and expandable mini map or make the menu map live in the case of searching for investigations briefings and collection nodes while a revealer is active.
  16. zNot Loyal Player

The time and effort put into a episode is nowhere near that it should be im aware that there was no creative director previously now that we have one i hope we can see and feel episodes/dlcs like we did in 2018-2017 real episodes none of these rushed and boring episodes that we have been getting the past 5 years im sure people would also pay again aslong as the dlcs are actually good going f2p seems to have taken your guys effort away from providing quality episodes/content despite taking 6 months for each episode its simply not acceptable also balance changes should happen with every dlc release to maintain fair gameplay.
  17. Alaskan Aurora Well-Known Player

My guy, you're playing a long term MMO here, not a 1 day, dust and done, Sony, Spiderman action title.
  18. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Scrolling through them is a bit tedious, especially considering that there seems to be a system-wide bug/glitch when scrolling too fast through menus. The recent change to the order in which they are listed was a big help but I do think the menu can be further improved upon. But I definitely do not want to remove elements that reward preparedness and/or encourage players to consider any changes/tweaks to their loadouts to fit particular scenarios. As it is, the playerbase on average, as a whole, is sorely lacking in situational awareness. Removing the active head augment system and automating it in the background will only serve as another crutch further enabling players to play half braindead.

I have a league mate who recently decided he wanted a third elite endgame toon. Over the last few months or so he'd been getting all the gear, arts, allies, etc he needed for that toon to be E/E+ ready. The last step was leveling up the past DLC head augments which he started to do last week. Now, as I stated earlier, there's always a ton of old catalysts for dirt cheap, often in bulk stacks. BUT that probably won't be the case for every single catalyst for every single DLC augment at ONE given time. There's always gonna be some that are "out of stock" or way overpriced at a particular time but it always rectifies itself over the course of a few days. So the process did take him roughly 4-5 days to acquire all the catalysts he needed to max out two might augments for every DLC from Atlantis to Shock to the System. But 4-5 days is pretty short considering how long it takes to get anything else in the game maxed. He barely spent any DC cash for the catalysts and as I said before, it only takes 3-15 mk18 exobytes (2/3 as many mk19's) to max out the xp. Any player who has been playing and running content relatively consistently since the launch of the current DLC should have multiple rows of 99 stacks of mk18 & mk19 exobytes in their bank (hopefully a bank toon) so the xp really shouldn't be even a slight issue.

To sum that up, the cost of maxing out two head augments for EVERY past applicable DLC was less than $20M, a small fraction of the exobytes collected from regular play over the past few months and about 4-5 days of broker watching. If a player is too lazy to put forth such a minimal cost & effort, that's on them.
  19. Learnmoretalkless New Player

I wouldn’t recommend this game to anyone,there’s no sign of anything innovative coming other than the predictable “solo/duo alert and raid” content that’s dropped every 4 months

You go into the open world and there’s the same content that’s been there since the game has existed no new activities to do in open world cities

I wouldn’t expect a happy reaction if I told them that even if they level up they will still be down tiered on content that’s over 10 years old

I wouldn’t recommend this game due to the fact that the broker/economy is in turmoil

I wouldn’t recommend this game due to the fact that the graphics nor the engine will ever be upgraded.

I wouldn’t recommend this game that’s based off superhero’s that the most recent power to use came out 7 years ago.

This game is in such turmoil that PVP content is relics of the past

Don’t forget about the speed hackers that you run into that the devs can’t control since you are forced to play against them in pvp
    • Like x 6
  20. Some rando Active Player

I am guessing that this survey is to check if there is still a possibility to see an increase in new and active players.

That would be a no. This game is outdated graphics-wise and gameplay-wise. Kids and teens these days love popular and flashy games (a la Hogwarts Legacy/Pal World). One way to get occassional spikes in player base is to get popular streamers like Asmongold or Moistcritical to play this game.

Personally, I think it is time for DCUO 2.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.