Celebrate Black History Month

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]
    Celebrate Black History Month

Help us celebrate Black History Month this year with new free gifts! Log in between now and February 29, 2024, to receive a new pack of hairstyles.

Diversity and inclusion are core principles here at Dimensional Ink, so the addition of these styles is one small way we can show our support and invite more diverse representation in the characters we all can make in the worlds of DC Universe Online.

The gifts include:
    • Short Dreadlocks Hairstyle
    • Dreadlock Bandana Bun Hairstyle
    • Frohawk Hairstyle
    • Braided Buns Hairstyle
    Do you have other relevant ideas or suggestions? We're listening. Please join the discussion below.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 22
  2. Irvynnge Loyal Player

their all lovely, but bottom right is absolutely gorgeous. cracking good job there, devs! & many thanks!
    • Like x 4
  3. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks Mepps, the hair styles are cool.
    • Like x 2
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

DC has a narrative about Orisha. It'll be awesome to see this in some shape or form. Also thanks for joining in the celebration.
  5. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

They're all gorgeous, though the two in the top photo are my favorites! :)
    • Like x 2
  6. Icon Active Player

First I'd like to thank the Devs for providing the Black History Month hairstyle pack. It was unexpected and much appreciated.

I wonder if it's possible you all can work your program magic so we can add facial hair to these and all other hairstyles. The flexibility would be mean a lot.

Also any chance to get new additional hairstyles added for Black History Month? I'm not looking for brand new ones, just the existing hairstyles displayed by John Stewart, Black Lightning, Cyborg and the black soldier standing next to Allied Commander Pearce in War Torn Village.

In addition to the hairstyles it would be nice to upgrade the facial hairstyle options to include salt & pepper, faded, long braided goatee, thinly trimmed beards/goatees, etc...
    • Like x 7
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Awww.... no fair.
    You posted the announcement after I posted my video. :(

People seems to like them Hairstyles in the comments. ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. Aren Sul Committed Player

Probably a tall order given the work involved (maybe a thought for next year?) - how about Vixen as an ally? It would be cool to see a visual similar to animated series (like Young Justice) when she calls upon an animal's ability.
    • Like x 3
  9. Joybird Committed Player

Thank you! These styles are amazing.

Now I can stop completely overusing the Afro Bun style on my character. Short dreadlocks look fantastic on her. The Bandana Bun and the Frohawk styles don't work so well with the tiaras, but they look so good that I think that I'll drop the tiara on some of my costumes.

I remember when the only options were the Afro and Dreadlock styles. I'm really happy that we've been getting all of these styles in the last few years.

Great work!
  10. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Thank you for the lovely hair styles DEVS. Can you guys add these next?
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. CIDlord New Player

¿Ideas?
    Oh, yeah.
    Please, remove the "16" armories limit.
    So i'll buy more.
    Many, many more.
    • Like x 2
  12. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I'll buy that for a dollar. ;) ;)
  13. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

Allies? Icon, Rocket, Orpheus, Hardware, Vixen, Steel, Calvin Ellis, John Stewart, Black Lightning, Luke and Jace Fox....

Or style caches etc.
    • Like x 6
  14. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thanks again and the styles are so cool
  15. Latino Level 30

Could we possible get a Black History Month material like the Parachute Rainbow Materials (especially the - rotated version) or a Black History themed Goth Outcast bracelets?

And if possible a Black History Month themed Dreadlock Bandana Bun hair style with the banana being textured with the Black History Month Flag colors?

For a example, this is how I use the Parachute Rainbow Material(Rotated) on the Goth Outcast bracelets.

x,D Well I tried to post my image, but I have no idea how since the insert image didn't work.

Link to the example: https://imgur.com/x27AKXi
    • Like x 2
  16. The Nature Troll New Player

Can we Get a Dimensional Ink Logo...
  17. The Fairy Well-Known Player

Oh what joy. The best way to celebrate Black History Month is with 4 hair styles. I'm speechless by this selfless and generous gesture.
    Since you asked for new ideas, there's plenty of ideas in the bug reports section.
    • Like x 3
  18. Ingrando Well-Known Player

Let us use materials on accessories ex. Kryptonian handkerchief, cat ears
  19. Vedvaengr New Player

If they could find a way to make facial hair a distinct customization slot from hair, would really do the trick best.
    • Like x 2
  20. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I second this. I, too, would like to see a smaller afro than the one from the base game. Kind of like Lynn's hair from the Black Lightning TV series.
    • Like x 2