Couldn't the stuff for supporting roles change automatically if we change our character's role?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Feb 2, 2024.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

Idea Could the stuff for the supporting role change automatically if you change the role of your character?

Rather than having to buy all the equipment, would it be possible for the stuff to change secondary role (tank or troll or heal) automatically on the new role? DCUO is a very punishing game when you've chosen a roll and you'd like to change, so it would be really nice to have technologies that allow you to change more easily.
    • Like x 2
  2. Cypharr Committed Player

Yes they need to really look into changing power meticulously. I suggested once they also make origin augment able to be fed into other origin augment cos that's an issue too but I digress. Maybe they add a token to the marketplace that converts gear roles or simple just include it in the switch power token.
  3. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

While I get the ask, unless you are changing on the fly (like you decide mid raid you'd rather tank than heal), as you are thinking of a switch, save up at least blue, if not Purple unopened gear boxes. If you are running pretty regular, and thinking about the change for a few days or week, you should be able to have a good set sitting ready to open as you need it....and maybe a few pieces of yellow gear to round out what you are missing. The OP stuff switch hits, so the difference between Purple+OP and Yellow+OP should only be a 2 or 3 CR drop, and some armory updating.

Unless they are going to make gear more of a generic 'role' gear (like the OP stuff) so it could fill all roles, I'm not sure how they'd work it so that all existing gear changes role on the fly like that.

But good luck.
  4. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

If they did this, armories would be obsolete and would no longer sell on the marketplace.
  5. Sollace Well-Known Player

You can't change equipment in combat except via the armoury, so it won't be obsolete.
  6. Sollace Well-Known Player

Or, if the equipment has already been bought with DLC or branded source currency, since the equipment also requires you to buy in $ IG, why not make it possible to buy it simply in $ IG?
  7. Dene Devoted Player

I think he means that if he was a troll power but then changed to a tank power that all his troll only gear should become tank only gear
    • Like x 3
  8. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Ahhh OK, well...hmmm....interesting thought I guess. Not sure how the devs would be able to program that into the game.
    • Like x 2
  9. Ryll Committed Player

You can absolutely change gear in combat.

Do you mean role?
  10. Sollace Well-Known Player

yes, it's the thought!

both ^^, although changing roles in combat (armory) is still pretty flexible.
  11. Ryll Committed Player

Yea, you can absolutely change any equipment while in combat.
  12. Sollace Well-Known Player

hum ok I didn't know it was possible, in the modification block should really be applied with armories!
  13. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

This might work. 1 set of gear with fixed stats for roles.
    This saves more bank space and not having to swap gears for armories constantly back and forth.
    The other styles gear can be just styles for cheaper cost.
  14. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

They did that in PvP. 1 Gear, no role specific. Fixed role stats applies.
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So let's say your DPS stats have a nominal few 100 points in resto or vit...same as they do now...heavy in Might or Prec with some power and health...about the same as today's DPS gear. And the 'role' gear would have more of resto vit and dom/health. So how much more resto would it have than vit? Or how much dom/health over resto?

Or are you assuming the 'role' gear would be good for all 3 non dps roles at the same time...so high on Resto, Vit and Dom/health? Wouldn't that just be OP gear?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Really they could combine Controller, Healer and Tank role gear into a one-size-fits-all Support role gear.
    • Like x 2
  17. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

When you in PvP in a role. The role stats are adjusted for the roles. In dps role the gear stats are flat and no changes for the dps role, in healer role the damage is reduced by a % and bonus resto, in controller role bonus vital stats, tank Role is bonus health and, dominance and toughness stats. Only damage role gets the damage bonuses, other roles damage is flat except for healer damage that is reduced by a %
    And The role stats and bonuses are adjusted differently than in PvE. Like Fire gains 50% health, in PvP is 25%.
    It was far from being op. The stats was too low back then plus only in damage role gets the damage bonuses, tank and controller is flat and healer reduced by 15%
    What made some powers op was changes and adjustments that have better benefits for atomic and rage making fire tanks weak.
    Healer, Tank and Controller shields uses the restoration and dominate, in DPS role, it reduces damage by 25%
    The might and precision was lower and the damage calculation of might and precision was used in different values back then.
    Tanks Debuffs controller vital stats, controller debuffs healers resto, healers debuffs tanks defense
    The PvP gear stats are 8 years lower so back then it really wasn't a difference then. The PvP gear is useless against PvE gear.

And with clamped max criticals and magnitudes in clamping the skill points crits stats. So if you have skill points for 60% crit damage and heals, in PvP its clamped to 40%
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yes, you get role based bonuses or maybe even deductions, but the key stats on healer/troll/Tank gear ARE higher than on DPS. So a 'all in one' role gear would need all 3 to equal having any one of the current 'role' gear's stats of the same level.

And who was talking about PvP gear...I had mentioned OP...not PvP.
  19. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Oh yeah, i dont know why i mentioned pvp again.

1 set of gear with "fixed" stats for roles, not all roles stats being exactly the same of the gear.
    Fixed as in they are set for the role not by the actual gear stats, set by the role.
    The gear CR Level role stats are combined in one gear. Showing only the role stats of the role you are using.
    Like wheh you look at the gear stats is shows it in damage then below shows "Role" stats in the text. On current power set.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sollace Well-Known Player

I doubt very much that this can be done in the same way as the pvp stats. In PVE, there are different levels of content, and in my opinion this won't be possible for elite content, or we'll have to revise the difficulty of this content. I think the automatic change would probably be a lot easier to do.