The most boring mmo ever! (Rant)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by C0de, Jan 30, 2024.

1. C0de Well-Known Player

Agree with 95% of what you stated but have a slight objection. It "isn't" being robbed but more so "has" been robbed from it's potential. There's no returning to it's former glory. The potential it had was lost many years ago, especially during it's identity crisis era where we went from full customized loadouts to weapon mastery, to AM and finally to where we're at now. The game still looks and feels like it did when it came out, just some minor tweaks and shiny new materials on a very old vehicle. I might be in the minority but i'd even go as far to say we've regressed backwards. As long as they continue to do things as if it was 10 years ago we'll never move forward.
  2. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

I agree. Now, I'm still re learning stuff, but as far as I know, there isn't anything like...idk.. taking part in key events from DC's past like 52 or Doomsday Clock. They could just be like, repairing the timelines or preventing a new or old villain from tampering with it, like DragonBall Xenoverse 2.

Yeah there's that Flash thing where someone is trying to prevent his origin, but that's not the same.

Maybe something like that would be cool?
  3. Frammshamm New Player

However, as a sane person, expecting the content cycle to change drastically is not rational on a fossil game such as this. Play it when its fun, don't play it when its not. That's what they are expect of you.
  4. Ninjabiscuit Well-Known Player

If they wanna keep milking money outta this fossil, they gotta do something to breathe new life into it again.

Even the coolest fossils become mundane after a while.
    • Like x 1
  5. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

Just play something else. You expect a video game to hold your attention for 13 plus years? Devs thank you for your money
    • Like x 1
  6. Sollace Well-Known Player

I think that the game was thought of too much as a way to make money, before even thinking about "offering a gaming experience", and the players very quickly felt this way, because the reputation was very quickly made in this way and they never tried to rework this image and we ended up in the situation we all know now...
    • Like x 1
  7. Illumin411 Loyal Player

There is no such thing as good clickbait. But clickbait that admits it is clickbait in the first sentence, as this one did, is as close as it comes. :)
  8. KidKretz Committed Player

i just never understood the mindset of ppl who limit themselves to just 1 game 4life. but they do exist, so to each their own i guess
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Not everyone has enough time to play half a dozen games at the same time.

Some people have time for only 1 game.
    • Like x 3
  10. KidKretz Committed Player

big diff between half a dozen and simply....2

playing 1 game for 13 years and claiming you never had time to play one other game,taking a break from this one, just cannot be true :p

sorry, cant buy it and again, i will prob never understand a persons mindset who limits themselves to 1 game for life.

we retro gamers maybe played 1 game from birthday till Christmas, that's probably the longest we ever did that...but 13 years???? illogical

heck, even sports only gamers upgraded their games every year for the new rosters and graphics!
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Half a Dozen or 2.... it does not matter.

If someone has time to play only ONE game.... they have time to play only for ONE game.

There are people who have limited amount of Free time.
    Could be they have a job that requires a LOT of work hours every week.
    Could be they have a wife and 12 children to take care of.
    Could be they have a Dog to take care of.

It doesn't matter why.... some people have limited Free time.... and more limited Free time to play a game.
    In those cases.... they play the ONE game they love playing the most.

Doesn't matter if you buy it or not...

Some people do not buy that the Earth is flat.... it happens. ;) :)

And your example with Sports game is flawed.
    It is still the same game.... but with a new roster every year.. and maybe some improvements?? although... not always an improvement. ;)

If DCUO came out with DCUO 2024 with a new roster of Heroes and Villains every year.....
    obviously many would switch to the most recent version every year.

But there is only ONE version of DCUO. :)

Unless you see Suicide Squad Kills Justice League as the New season of DCUO with a new roster if you want. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. KidKretz Committed Player

so my takeaway here is that YOU only play 1 game, work lots of hours, have 12 kids and a dog and you think the earth is flat.

well...that's cool i guess. still dont understand it, but it will continue to happen regardless
  13. C0de Well-Known Player

Such a cop-out answer. So because a game like this has been out for over a decade, I should just accept that it's a shell of it's former self? I should just accept that content that takes the devs today 6 months to build 1 full raid where they did almost 4x as much in the past? With less tech even! Sorry but no. A game this old need's to work even harder imo to retain the receding population that continues to decline during these draught periods.

And if you honestly believe that the dev's intentions is for us to "only play when it's fun", then you obviously have zero business sense. You do understand they're revenue comes from the "PAYING" customers correct? And even if this game was built with good intentions, they'd still have to get their income from somewhere, otherwise what do you think would happen? You sound like you have developed apathy towards growth of this game and I don't blame you. Like I said earlier in my post, if your cool with everything being the same without any change, cool! But don't come in and here and tell me that I shouldn't advocate for change, even if it's a meaningless venture.
    • Like x 1
  14. C0de Well-Known Player

And I never understood how someone on the internet would gatekeep on how many game's a person they know nothing about, should play in they're spare time. The hubris here is incredibly high. It's not rocket science
    • Like x 2
  15. Plowed In Loyal Player

They’ve gone from sub only model to free to play…so yes it is a shell of the former game.
  16. KidKretz Committed Player

what can i say, i like psychology, like to know what makes ppl tick. got most ppl figured out (humans are very predictable) and am great at judging ppl in a short amount of time. this and my love for math is what makes me so much money playing poker.

but like i said, this type of person i just cant figure out, it stumps me. i mean they are not "gamers", they have only ever played 1 game. and a gamer is someone who plays video games, with an "s" lolz

even ppl that only play 1 game and make money off of it, like streaming and making videos, i can understand because that person is making a living.

i honestly suspect MOST ppl who are claiming to only play 1 game are simply lying. your telling me, you own a console, a playstation/xbox, swtich and the ONLY thing you touch is DCUO? i just dont buy it.

BUT, if it is somehow true, then yes, they will continue to be an enigma to me! but i have my doubts
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Dunno if I would go as far as the whole "shell of itself" bit, but to answer your question? Yeah, kind of.

Things now aren't the same as they were when the game started, or ten years ago, or five years ago. Personnel has changed. Management has changed. Ownership has changed. About the only thing that hasn't changed in all that time is Mepps being around.

All that change will have an effect on the game, what and how much is released, the quality of those releases, and so on. It won't always be a negative effect on the game, as some releases knock it out of the park. But accepting that there will be ebbs and flows in quality is part of the process.
  18. inferno Loyal Player

I was in the same boat. I think I'm just a little down the road from you. I've made up mini-games and challenges for myself that made the game interesting and consuming. Had a league that diminished and broke up over time; 13 years is a long time and very few of us stayed on. My friends eventually moved on to other games so I've been solo for the last 2 years.

It's not completely all the game's fault, I am less social since I don't want to encounter certain behaviors in the game and basically this game is not meant for solo play and has steered farther away from that. Playing with friends and people you like are the only way to engage in this game.

I'm not entirely sure what the game needs to turn things around. I hope other people, importantly the developers, will have ideas and the support to implement things that will increase my gameplay. I'm still around, just not active.
  19. BƖack Dedicated Player

Why y'all still sitting on this DEAD GAME?

Honestly, what's keeping you here...?

Idk ya hoping you'll get something other than same and same boring stuff from this company... or what is it?
    • Like x 1
  20. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

Yup, unfortunately there seems to be 2 main factors at play here that are causing the game to have a massive drop in population:

1) Lack of content. The last DLC was launched Oct 4th, 2023. That is ~4 months ago, and many are predicting that a new DLC won't be launching until April (or later). The 6-month+ gaps between DLC's is troubling. Seasonal events are nice to have, but those have very limited 'fun' time and the novelty wears off quickly. I can't even tell you the last time a survival mode or Save the Universe event was around...2022 maybe?

2) Stat clamping. This maybe should be the #1 reason for the massive drops we've seen over the past couple of years. Folks just do not run old content anymore. The omnibus has failed in almost every regard...almost all of the instances are completely unbalanced and the rewards do not even come close to matching the time spent in them. A lot of players will 'selectively' accept an omnibus instance, based on how difficult or arduous the raid is perceived to be (ie: "will we be able to finish it?", "is this raid going to take 45+ mins?", "will I have to explain everything?"). What we're seeing is that if players need source marks, they will spam run the raid with the quickest completion time. Running old elite content is basically a ghost town as well. Having a moment of nostalgia here...I remember when my leaguemates and myself would have weekly runs of the old elite content to get a chance at some of the rewards in certain instances. Doesn't really happen much nowadays.
    • Like x 4