Doctor Fate's Daily Rewards - February 2024

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

[IMG]

DOCTOR FATE'S FEBRUARY REWARDS

New month; new rewards! Each day you log in this month (before March 1, 2024) unlocks rewards - from new styles to Fate and Destiny currencies.

This month's member gear features the Ninth Tride Tyrant style. The non-member gear style is the Atlantean Monarch style.

Log in at least 21 days this month to claim the Electric Future Inspired Slimline Pack. Members only.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 15
  2. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Looks like Cyberpunk skin.
  3. Brandon-richard Active Player

Nice. Also could you guys go back to the old slimline designs. These new ones are to thick and clip into older styles.
    • Like x 1
  4. nadeemew Active Player

thanks and this nice) but i hope i can wait 21 days for chest URSA for sunstone matrix))
  5. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Thanks you so much for this month's rewards
    • Like x 1
  6. BumblingB I got better.

Lightning Lad's costume looks pretty good.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

Some parts of this style looks Enhanced, which makes it pretty unique. I don't use slimlines this much, though. Hoping for a new hairstyle in Daily Rewards someday ^-^
  8. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

I was just talking to someone the other day how you had an electric slimline added a few months ago that kinda looked like lightning mad but how u would love you added his haha nice.

Hoping you add decembers 21 day reward to the vendor soon as well
  9. CheveyoSD New Player

Agreed. Not only do they clip, they look awkward. And also the thick upper body slimlines make female characters look like they're wearing sweaters. I didn't make my female characters buff so their muscles get hidden behind a christmas sweater.
  10. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

U know, other powers exist outside of electricity… another lightning bolt style releasing the same month that the black lightning outfit hits the dr fate vendor….

This year isn’t off to a good start.

& i know some people want nothing more then 20 styles with lightning bolts.. but bruh we just got black lightning 3 months ago
    • Like x 1
  11. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Overdesigned.
    • Like x 1
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Underexplained.
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

???
    What explanation is really needed???

"Overdesigned" says what it says.

Ever since the 90s..... lots of artists have been adding lots of useless details to their designs.
    Very often..... it is done to hide a bad design.
    Sometimes it is because it is what the artist thinks is Cool.... example... Rob Liefeld adding 1000 pouches to a design. ;)

Most of the time..... when you remove all the useless details from a design.. sadly the design falls appart.

And sadly..... since the New52...... most designs suffer from being wayyyyyyy overdesigned.

One reason for that is very simple.... Jim Lee redesigned most of the DCU with the New52.

I love Jim Lee's work..... but sadly he is a terrible designer.

When he does draw the design himself..... he is such a good artist and adds so much detail that the design will be fine.
    But.... as soo as someone else draws the design.... the design falls appart. :(

Wayyyyy back when..... character designs were strong enough that no matter who drew the character..... the design worked fine.
    But sadly these days..... no longer true sadly.

That is part of the reason why lots of characters in comics get a new design every few months.
    When a new artist comes on a book..... they cannot draw the design..... or the design falls appart and they have to redesign the character.

If you look at the Lightning Lad design......
    Do you think the extra details at the crotch is really needed??
    Or is it just some random useless details added just because??

That is what is meant by "overdesigned". :) :)
    • Like x 3
  14. Ambassador of Krypton Well-Known Player

Worse and worse...
  15. Rabber McJagger New Player

Again I must ask; why did you devs reduce the bust size of the female characters? They are different body types in the game for people to choose from if they want that look. All of the new styles look horrible on female characters around the chest area. They look more like dudes. It forces some of us to only use old styles from many years prior just to have a decent looking female character. Why would y’all do this? One of the only few things that keep me playing the game is the ability to create new looks. Everything else is just repetitive for those of us who’s been playing since the game has launched.
  16. King Killjoy New Player

The skin isn't part of this.
  17. CosmicSentinaI New Player

That slimline would be perfect minus the electric bolts.
    Should have been the 'Future inspired Slimline Pack'
  18. Cheesed To Meet You New Player

Your only definition for what looks good on a female character is how big their bust is? ''They look more like dudes'' are you insane?
    Have you ever seen a real woman? I can assure you boobs do NOT look like that, the newer proportions are much much better and way more flattering in every sense, plus, YOU can still use the older styles and keep your boulders if you'd like :]
    • Like x 1
  19. Capt Mephisto Active Player

I recently made a new female alt and like the way she looks. I am a breast man in real life, ask my wife, but the new models are more realistic and don't give the feeling of being created by boys for boys but rather adults for adults. Thanks for the improvement, Devs.
    • Like x 1
  20. Sleeping Forest Active Player

What hairstyle is the female character wearing in the last picture?