Anyone else having this bug?

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by lllStrichcodelll, Jan 31, 2024.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Everywhere i teleport i have a grey/black screen. On the map i can see i'm moving, so everything is working except the camera i guess!?! (Turning the camera works but i mean the visuals of what it shoud capture)

[IMG]
  2. Eve YouTuber

I changed my shaders cache to 10GB and it fixed it for me, so try see if this fixes it for you.

Edit: The recent update to test caused it for some reason, I wasn't having issues in full screen but windowed mode caused me to see this screen. My solution was random but was what I did above.
    • Like x 1
  3. SupermanJSH New Player

now that game is back up on pc servers im getting same issue not sure how to fix it saw a comment about shaders but where in setting do i work that
  4. Eve YouTuber

I'm using Nvidia so I changed it in the control panel under "manage 3D settings"
  5. SupermanJSH New Player

ok i switched the view from fullscreen back to the windowed it seemed to fix it least hope it did
  6. SupermanJSH New Player

scratch that when i restarted game on pc it went back to the blank screenall i see is like what was pictured above just the chat map and powers hud
  7. SupermanJSH New Player

its happening to me as well on Pc hope its temporary as i had to switch between full screen and windowed plus change resolution to fix it
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Can you try deleting the settings.xml and .dcoprofile files from your ...\Documents\My Games\DC Universe Online\SaveData folder? And then relaunching the game.
  9. SupermanJSH New Player

So are you saying to uninstall the game and reinstall Meeps? or just that file ?? cause i tried that and it was working till i tried to access the style tab it reverted back to the screen glitch
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Try just deleting those two files.
  11. SupermanJSH New Player

i tried as you suggested Meeps it still happens but not in Fullscreen i usually play in windowed not in full screen as its easier for me here on the Pc especially when chatting in discord with friends when they post on there
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Okay, thank you for trying. We are investigating.
    • Like x 1
  13. LavaSpitter_json Level 30

im having blank screen as well, its been that way on test for me too idk why

update: I changed to fullscreen and put in 1980x1080 and it works now.
    might be a visual bug
  14. Stranger Committed Player

You have to buy the grafics in a DLC.
    Jokes aside, didnt happen 2 me on test Server so far.
  15. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Launched the game again today.

Same issue as before.

Went to settings and turned on full Screen - resolved.

Turned full screen off again - still resolved.

Restarted game - Bugged

Deleted the files you recommended - Resolved (because its full screen by default)

Turned off full screen again and restarted game - Bugged.

Its pretty safe to say it has something to do with the full screen setting.
  16. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

What version of Windows are you running?
    What type of graphics card do you have?
    What Driver version are you running for your graphics card?
    What type of CPU do you have?
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It shouldn't be on my end as i had no issues with the Test server before the recent update.
    Windows 10
    GeForce 930M
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
  18. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

You can be surprised what can end up on your end, despite it being a change they've made, it's more that a change gets made their end that then impacts an interaction with something on your end.

I had this issue myself with the test server when I switched from Full screen to windowed mode, so it seems to be something associated with Windowed mode and the shader cache, from what I was able to tell.

The latest version of the Nvidia Driver is 551.23 - have you tried updating to that new driver, this should also clear your shader cache.

Then go in to the Nvidia Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, "Global Settings"

Scroll down to Shader Cache Size and change that to 10GB.

Then delete your settings.xml and .dcoprofile files from your ...\Documents\My Games\DC Universe Online\SaveData folder again

Launch the game and go in to windowed mode and tell me whether it's still a problem, if you don't mind testing this out.
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Since i can simply play in full screen, its not that important to fix it on my end.
    The problem is that if this goes live, you can't expect the entire PC playerbase to do the same thing since many won't even know where to look for help.
    I would rather keep my settings as they are so i can test if the problem persists when a fix went out.
  20. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

No problem.