Downtime Server Downtime - January 31, 2024 - GU140

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 30, 2024.

1. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Nah, it is. I play on the PC/PS EU server and it's practically dead most days!

Like, weekly bosses and raids for example, if you aren't doing them on a Thursday between about 7pm to 11pm, you ain't getting them done, or at least, you might have to wait hours to get them going. The broker is light on items and prices are super high too. We don't even see people hanging around outside Little Bohemia much anymore. There always used to people there. Not anymore. There's usually only a handful of people hanging around in the HoL. Player count is noticeably down on EU. Getting any queues to pop takes ages!

Yet, I've got a mate who plays on the US PC/PS and he hasn't noticed any of that. Raids pop throughout the week, always groups doing weekly bosses, thriving broker with decent prices, people hanging about everywhere etc.
    • Like x 1
  2. Mytyc Shadows Level 30

It would be nice to do the Same on PC/PS servers. Playing from Europe on US servers with almost any kind of connection runs pretty well.
    Their should not be any issue with that, Both sides win actually.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ingrando Well-Known Player

Worlds still down
  4. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

Don’t hold your breath for a EU/US merge on PlayStation.
    Shared names almost guarantee this won’t occur beyond the issues like server location causing lag and a bad online experience in a team-oriented game.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

PC, PS, and Xbox worlds are unlocking now. Switch worlds will follow.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ron64 New Player

übrigens
    US server ist wieder am laufen;)
  7. Mytyc Shadows Level 30

Why? what's your point?
    • Like x 1
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

All worlds are now online.
    • Like x 3
  9. Wallachia Devoted Player

Empty baseless statement (nothing new).

When servers of games merge, unless they share the same playerbase name, like the switch servers, they often have a suffix added to them, and many times players are granted a free name change token, no matter the game.

Next time, instead of trying to pretend that you know things, just say "I hope they don't", instead of "NoT tRuE".
    • Like x 1
  10. Future Nightwing New Player

Dcuo note: Dungeon System? Quality of life suggestions for population/new player rentention

Source marks are no longer unique or effective enough of a reward to help newer players reach endgame and/or warrant players going back and playing older content. I think a good idea would be to move towards or add a “dungeon style” format (not unlike the stabilizer solo or game modes across other popular games) that features certain raids/alerts/duo/solos with specific rewards relevant to long term character growth (artifact xp, catalysts, ally favor, alliances, seals of preservation, etc). Example:

Weekly Dungeons:
    Raid: Titans: The Machine (Artifact XP)
    Difficulty: Event/Normal/Elite (10k/20k/30k)

Raid: Unholy Matrimony (Ally Favor)
    Difficulty: Event/Normal/Elite (5k/10k/15k)

Alert: Desecrated Cathedral (Artifact Catalysts)
    Difficulty: Event/Normal/Elite (2g1b/3g2b1p/4g3b2p)

Alert: Trigon’s Prison (Ally alliances)
    Difficulty: Event/Normal/Elite (3r/3r 1e/ 4r 1e 1L)

Monthly Dungeon:
    Solo: 8th precinct (seal of preservation)
    Difficulty: event/normal/elite (1/2/3)

-(Any raids or instances will work these are just examples following a specific theme yet to be used by save the universe)
    -(Although the stabilizer solo’s higher tier rewards are locked behind the paid Battle pass subscription , I’d encourage for these dungeons to not be and rather include a special reset token for these dungeons in the paid Battle pass instead)
    -(I wouldn’t mind removing source marks from or isolating these instances to just provide the rewards mentioned to encourage the farming of source marks elsewhere)
    -(opens the possibility for “bonus weeks” being for a specific dungeon)
    -(All content dungeons should be of a clamped/boosted cr level range to alleviate the need for updating enemy lvl/ values to match current cr)

This would be both beneficial for the longevity of the game while also solving the issues of both the huge time commitment it takes for newer players to naturally farm for artifacts/allies and keep newer players engaged by giving them more endgame viable growth assistance to start closing the huge gap between new players and endgame players. (And I know 30k artifact xp a week seems like a big number but in reality that alone would get you just under 1 200 artifact a year).

Background of endgame/ “new player fatigue”:
    Anyone that’s in touch with the endgame community knows that “endgame” isn’t just max CR since the implementation of the artifacts/ allies systems. New players would reach a relevant CR after some weeks and get into content and realize they do no damage and/or are not contributing (being carried). So their new goal is to grind out artifacts and allies so they can be “OP” right? Wrong, they quit after a couple more weeks because the grind for artifacts/allies seems ridiculously unrealistic to a new player that has no arts/allies….and gives them “new-player-fatigue”. Not to mention that not having artifacts can be a huge deterrent in trying other roles as a new player because why would a new player switch to a healer or tank if they also have no artifacts for those roles.? (You need at least 6 artifacts to do more than 1 role). This game has the opposite issue that genshin has being genshin can keep newer players well but they fall off in providing for the endgame community, dcuo’s focus has been (to the best of their ability) mainly endgame so in turn the life cycle of newer players is very short. I think implementing some new ideas such as this “dungeon system” could vastly improve new player retention and the experience of newer players and endgame players alike by strengthening the newer player base to be able to eventually contribute more when they reach the start of endgame.

Some other quality of life changes for new players could also include:

-Specific post lvl 30 story line based journal missions that will boost cr significantly upon completion (gear rewards)
    -Raid/instance specific mechanic tips and infographics in the “On duty” tab while inside to raid (and located somewhere in the normal on duty menu as a “more info” option) something as simple as “hey, this red circle will 1 shot you, go here or do this action to stop it”
    -Create journal missions that introduce the “feats” system to newer players, where to locate feats, the importance of feats, how to get them, etc. (the feats system is one of the most non newer player friendly systems in the game right under artifacts and allies, I went 3 years into the game not knowing what a feat was)
  11. gamma 9 Active Player

Woohooo 8:35pm baltimore time..still offline I LOVE CHAOS SHAWTY i smell free gifts!!!lolol 1 free art.and a 2024 ford cobra!!! Thanks Yall!!!
  12. TheMikeB Active Player

First, don't ever criticize anything I say. You of all people. Let's go revisit your thirsty creepy comments on females posts in the leave a pic thread.

As for your response. I dont want a suffix added to a name I just got. I also don't want a name respec token.
  13. GermanM Committed Player

Please, merge EU and US pc servers, Eu is so dead... No people around.
    • Like x 1
  14. GermanM Committed Player

It will happen soon or later.
    • Like x 1
  15. Furious Vee Well-Known Player

Let's not act like there aren't players from both US and EU servers that have spent billions of dc cash or thousands of real life money (which is against the rules but doesn't seem like any action is taken against them so hey) on names. Not even that, there are some players that have gotten the names they wanted because of the reclaim. They'd absolutely leave if there were to be a merge.
  16. Bando Gora New Player

Lol
    It's called "creativity".
    If you have that and been playing the game daily since 2013, you accumulate a lotta characters.
  17. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Let them leave, then. Who cares? Low population on EU server makes a lot more players leave than a small number of idiots with no imagination, who paid real money for dumb "oh-gee" names. And that's going to get worse, because the more people leave, due to long queues and dead LFG, the longer the queues and the deader LFG become, leading to exponentially more players getting bored and frustrated, then leaving. If we had the whole population of USPC/PS to play with, we wouldn't even notice losing the few who'd rather idly stand around in HOL, showing of their "cool" names to nobody.

Most players on EU server, given the choice between having to come up with a new name, or playing on a mostly empty server would choose the former. Of all the arguments against the server merge, this one is the silliest and I can't believe anyone can even bring it up with a straight face.
    • Like x 1
  18. FlexBori New Player

Game is stuck on connecting screen since yesterday and up to right now. Been trying to log in for hours.
  19. Gamma Lantern Committed Player

You’re only seeing this situation from your point of view so take a minute and consider this.

The majority of names (beyond off the wall ones) will have a counterpart on the EU/US server. That means the majority of users will lose the name of at least one character they play.

The majority of the player base is on the US server which is why this is something you even want but that also means a merge and reclaiming names will lead to upsetting a way larger portion of players (US server) to satisfy a much smaller percentage of players (EU server). I’m sure the devs have already considered this and it’s one of the reasons why they haven’t considered merging the two servers.

I don’t see it happening personally but neither of us actually know so we’ll have to wait and see. The name issue isn’t even slightly as simple as you made it out to be though.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sphealberg New Player

I mean yes if we keep having 150k people named "Batman" only the ones without creativity will cry
    • Like x 1