Still have chat issues

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cold Fusion, Jan 16, 2024.

1. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Anyone else still having voice chat issues?

Our league has always used league chat to socialize while we play. It has become a huge problem now though.
    Example... If 7 of us are in chat 1 person can't hear 3 people and a different person can't hear that person and then 1 person can't hear anyone.
    You have to keep asking if this or that person can still hear you because it can just randomly glitch out on you.
    It is so disruptive to our gaming experience and I can't believe it's still going on this long.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

100%. I've got a few people that hang out in a private chat and as people come and go we end up with a round of 'test test test' to see who can (and can't) hear the others. Switching in and out of the channel sometimes works, but other times some people have to relog to get it back. I was in a raid last night and we were trying to co-ordinate things and 1 guy just couldn't get instance chat to work....so yeah...that was fun.
  3. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

We had this the other day and i thought the person just accidentally put me on ignore. Seems to be game-wide issue and not server specific.
  4. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

Ya that's the other part of the issue. People might think they are getting ignored or talked over and leave the league. Which is very unfortunate.
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Not sure on that particular issue, but I've definitely had chat issues. For some reason, people kept talking.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Had an issue where it wasn't showing the number of people in chat, as well as I could not hear them, nor them hear me. I disconnected and closed out the game then re logged and it was fixed.
  7. Green Action Well-Known Player

Hey cold, not trying to be a know it all, but it sounds like a bug, have you posted about in https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?forums/arkham-asylum-bug-reports.134/
    something like that, you should def get in there and post about see if somethings awry with it the devs might actually find something which would be good for everyone (again sorry not trying to be know it all or tell you what to do)
  8. Cold Fusion Well-Known Player

No worries bro!!
    Ya I see people talking about this issue in that tab from a month ago...LoL
    It's not a priority I guess... But it's should be.
    Lots of people come on game to talk to friends while playing a game. But when you subtract the friend component.. they won't play.
    • Like x 1
  9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Does any of them have it set to push to talk? On PC can bind a button for that, anyone in the league on PS4/5? Sometimes pressing right d pad still get it stuck in the green mic icon and they call that "hot mic" or something. In which can be actually be off.
    So when they use d pad to talk it could be bugged out.
    I usually go away from adds so I can press the right d pad to reset it.
    Can't use the d pad to talk due to targeting adds.
    Then it works when I hold it .
    When targeting adds and pressing d pad it seems to glitch out.
  10. RahRah Active Player

Anyone still having chat issues on PC, just go to Settings-Voice and change your speaker setting to default system device. That should fix it. I can't speak for console issues.
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

So, has there been any word on this? It's getting very annoying to try and run a raid where there is co-ordination needed and half the group can't talk to the other half without switching VC 20 times...just to find out that now they can't here other people.

There were just 3 of us in a chat last night and it took about 10 VC switches for all 3 of us to hear each other.

Did DBG invest in Discord or something that they are trying to drive people out of the in-game chats?