Loot lock idea

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by BabyBoyzim, Jan 26, 2024.

1. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I feel like something similar hasn't been suggested in a while.

How about instead of full on loot locks for end game content, they keep the locks in place, but allow a loot locked person running the raid able to get styles and SM in place of gear, faction rep and the mark for that dlc vendor gear. (Those would be the loot lock still in place)

Scenario: I am on Xbox and main 2 top level tanks. People shout in LFG for a tank for a long time, and while I see the shouts in LFG, I am locked for the week and since there is no point in going in, I ignore it. Now if there were random styles that dropped and source marks, I now have a reason to go in locked and help, they get a tank, and people that replay content for elite rep and marks for the gear will still spend on those replays. It costs the devs NOTHING to do, and will not lose them their precious replay money, and will keep people running end game throughout the week. Maybe even as a Legendary sub perk? I don't care. Just needs to be done at this point.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Just a suggestion, but I see all the time on PC/PS where people will run a key role when requested in LFG 'if reset'. Not sure if this happens on Xbox, but if you run a top level tank....and people need a tank...put it out there and see who bites. And in this case DBG really doesn't lose any of that precious replay money...they just don't get it from you.
  3. BabyBoyzim Dedicated Player

I did that suggestion and got max rep in a couple of days on my tanks, which was great (and has nothing to do with my thread).

I'm not begging for replays, I'm just saying this would be an idea to help keep players active in end game that are maxed on rep, loot locked for the week, and have no reason to run for marks or rep. If a pug is screaming for a role whether tank/healer/troll, or even dps, what would be the problem with rewarding people source marks and styles, instead of that episodes currency and rep? (Again - assuming the person did their weekly, has no reason to run, and logs out until reset/a new dlc)People that want and need that will still replay.....the only addition would be getting people that are 'done' with the dlc spme incentive to help people still working on it by fulfilling a role. (And getting something in return)
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah, but if it were just a few SM and non-endgame gear (like EEG would reward) it's not any more incentive than running almost any EEG raid...which they are already trying to incentivize people into running to keep Omni/EEG populated.

Not saying it's a bad idea (like re-runs can basically just be like any EEG raid pay), just that there is already content thats struggling that rewards that same pay.

There are already SOME people who've suggested having any SM in endgame detracts from people running Omni/EEG....putting unlimited SM in there? I don't see that happening.
  5. Cypharr Committed Player

I absolutely love this idea, atm it doesn't seem to propose a threat to the dynamics of the game other the improvement of QoL. Trading SM to satisfy the population is a very good incentive since some people have no use for SM anymore. SM is just basically to amass as much as you can.
  6. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Source Marks and General Gear capped at 360 based on current episode rating not being locked can be good thing.
    Tarot Cards and gear capped at 368 can be loot locked.
    Or devs can reduce the replay cost, I don't know if using replay badges is worth the rush.
    Maybe adding Artifacts catalysts and Some alliances drops only in latest episode is kinda worth using replays.
    It seems replay badges are mostly used in seasonal events.
    But there really isn't anything that's to be loot locked to use replay badges on.

I like the idea of source makes and gear at 360capped not being loot locked.