Episode Spotlight: Amazon Fury Part III

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Jan 24, 2024.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Is that all y'all care about? Geesh, that carrot at the end of the stick must really be somethin'...
    • Like x 2
  2. PrinceD Active Player

Will we have any dev update this month?I'm curious to know what's coming this year :)
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

No words yet for that.

Although sometimes we did get it as late as mid-February.

It would be nice to get some info.... soon.... but...

All we can really do now is wait. :(
    • Like x 2
  4. DcuoRn New Player

Yes all we care about is double xp, those who came back on new accounts, those who are behind on arts. You may be set on arts but you don’t know someone’s situation. So at this point it’s either you ignore the xp comments or keep unnecessarily stressing yourself out and hush.
  5. Shiesty New Player

Great way to just continue to ruin a already dying game (spotlights)
  6. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Why is ist ALWAYS instanced double currency..There IS a outside world also..
  7. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

Okay, I could use a few more feat points from an episode I've largely ignored before now.

What puzzles me though is the phrase (repeated in a few DLCs of around the same vintage): "Wear equipment pieces that grant you at least a total of xxxxxxxxx points."

Wiki doesn't explain it, Daybreak don't explain it, I've read some of the forum entries where people who know explain it badly.... what exactly is one supposed to do for these types of feats?
  8. L T Devoted Player

If I'm remembering correctly, it's a full set of the elite vendor gear, or the time capsule gear that went with that episode.
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

The Announcement says "instanced or mission content"

You will get double SM in the outside world for Amazon Fury 3 missions. ;)
    • Like x 2
  10. Wanning Comet Committed Player

You just need to buy the vendor gear and equip it all at once, elite or normal. On the bottom of each piece of gear it will say "wearing this gives 1 xxx point." When you have 8 pieces of gear with that attribute, the feat pops. So try not to buy the gear one piece at a time unless you don't plan to save it until you have all 8 pieces. Those feats are worth buying on alts, btw, so that you can find the collection pieces from the dlc and, the deluge spore one at least, gives a damage boost in the dlc. If you find the time capsule that released along the dlc, that time capsule gear will also give the attribute, but only the non-enhanced gear set. So Qwardian time capsule armor will give you the feat for the anniversary that will give extra marks from the Centennial raid.
    • Like x 1
  11. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

My bad.I'm So used to it being instanced only that I did not read the small prints :oops::D
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

I'm happy for every spotlight. It does exactly what it's supposed to "everyone, let's go back to this specific older content like it was fresh." Not only does it help me as a returned player, but also is helping new players and the CR-skipped (hopefully only on alts) characters.

I definitely see an influx of people who go to that content, and who queue for that content. It also has people trying to run feats and elite content from the past.

I do question why certain content is getting highlighted. As someone said, Save the Universe just brought this particular content back not that long ago. Atlantis seemed to get two spotlights relatively close together. There are a lot of episodes to choose from, and I wonder why specific ones.

Still, with a lot of episodes, it means that the community is divvied up. I'm sure it's also concave, with the 1-30 crowd and the T6 crowd being the most saturated. I believe in what spotlighting does to gather people towards the center, and draw the 1-30 crowd up the ranks.
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well...to be fair it's 2 carrots. That's a lot of carrots.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...I think it's 'devine favor' or something this ep. The gear assigned a point per piece and you need 8 points. Check before buying, but I believe regular gave 1 point...Elite gave 2. So you would need to buy and equip 8 pieces of the vendor regular gear or 4 pieces of vendor elite gear AT THE SAME TIME to get the feat. Once the feat popped, I know it also opened up different collection drops in the alert, but maybe raids too? The gear is donatable, so for the marks and quick feat, you also can get prestige.

EDIT: Had someone at home open the game up and it's 1 point of 'favor' per piece of regular or Elite gear. I think the TC style came with 2 points, but you can do it with reg all the same. 104 marks for a feat and shot at rare collections....go for it.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I don't think it really does all that for anything that takes time. Most people just want the bonus marks, so will go quickly most runs. Feats like the 2nd boss orders mean additional time spent, and maybe added difficulty. Most groups try to avoid 'slow' or 'difficult'. The first boss checklist is probably doable as you just need a few to focus on 1 boss over the other, and things like breaking the eggs on last boss you can kind of do on your own as you get there.

Getting the T2 pet and bolt back should be easier this week at least. More people running GOM means more shots at the drop and more in the broker.

Did Atlantis get 2? Thought it was just the fact it was Deluge and Atlantis back to back that made it seem that way.
  16. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I was being facetious. It really shouldn't be that way.

Edit: They don't HAVE to give you ANY bonus. Be happy with what you get. I heard the more people ask for it, the longer it takes for them to give it.

You say "we", but I'm pretty sure there are many players who enjoy these spotlights for older content and even benefit from them. You sound selfish.

How so? Doesn't it inspire players to go back to that old content and thus help queues and feat hunting?
    • Like x 2
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

Its DLC events end up being so boring...
  18. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Once again another useless 'bonus' week, but of course the sycophantic boot-lickers in the forums will lap it up and praise you for it, as always.
    • Like x 3
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Nope, you are absolutely right. I actually don't play, I finally ripped off the bandaid and quit months ago. But it's the fact that players crave and practically live off of that *possibility* of a 2x artifact week, it just isn't healthy. That was my point.
    Well, healthy for the higher-ups and their wallets, not healthy for the playerbase. But I'm sure you could gather what I mean.

So don't get it twisted, I absolutely do not defend it. Hence why I was being facetious (look up the word if need be).
    If you want the honest truth, I stopped putting money in this game since BoP when I saw the negative direction it was going. Good call on my part.

The GIF in my sig kind-of passive-aggressively displays my stance on the matter as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I don't actually want it to "shrivel up and die", but if that's the direction it goes, I won't be upset about it either.

But my whole point is, the game shouldn't have everyone so desperate for some table scraps that 2x art XP has become.
    My original post was also an experiment to see replies of how conditioned everyone is, in the form of just being a realist and telling it as I see it.

Edit: Basically, I don't agree with it (certain business practices that might seem predatory or pressured)... But they do these bonuses as a kind gesture, not to be relied upon so heavily. Perhaps 2x should be what it is normally, but as a business this obviously would be extremely detrimental. So that's why I say be lucky they give them at all, because they could easily take them away (as many feared after the Wolfpack token was released, for some odd reason).
    • Like x 1
  20. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

You know you're all sorts of messed up when you quit a game and you're still a regular on the forums for said game months later. Psychological evaluation seems to be an order.
    • Like x 1