Two-handed katana style

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Diamondsteez, May 29, 2015.

1. Diamondsteez Active Player

I think the two-handed axes and hammers are really great & all, & I know there's a few claymore, flamberge, and broadsword styles in the game.. However, I think a two-handed katana style would be really awesome & perfectly appropriate. Perhaps bone-hilt, regular 'katana' style, or a new katana inspired design (or all 3) would be really out of the box & appreciated! Please post/ repost if you agree!
    • Like x 1
  2. Shadowwyvern Committed Player

I definitely agree. I love ninjas.
  3. The_Swaggernaut New Player

Just the weapon style or a whole new fighting style? I think it'd be cool to have a two handed style that's speedier with swords and stuff.
  4. Cable Committed Player

Even though the 2 handed weapon animations are pretty clunky for a katana it would def be a welcome addition.
  5. The_Swaggernaut New Player

I agree with cable that it would look funny. I think you could almost separate two handed into swords and hammers/axes. Keep the hammers/axes the same and make the sword style faster. Maybe throw in some cool spins and quick combos. Every fighting style seems to do flips so why not throw some of those in too? Lol but seriously I like the katana idea.
  6. apocalypsegodx Loyal Player

I want lashina's fighting style :) on my tank devs make it happen
  7. PortgasD Well-Known Player

1h fits imo. I like the look of the 1h combos...But why do they hold it so awkwardly when not attacking? If it only that could be adjusted...
    • Like x 1
  8. Diamondsteez Active Player

Let's not get off topic here. 2-h katana style people. Let's keep it practical.
  9. Diamondsteez Active Player

The two-handed weapon fighting style would be perfectly suited for a katana.
  10. Veritech Loyal Player

You'd probably want something a bit bigger than a katana to better suit the slow, heavy style of 2h.
    Try tachi, odachi, or nodachi.
    [IMG]
  11. Diamondsteez Active Player

No, I think a katana would be just fine. Thanks.
  12. Diamondsteez Active Player

It would be more or less appropriate than some of these huge one handed Sword styles, i.e. Barbarian Tech sword or Scintillating Zweihander.
    • Like x 1
  13. Diamondsteez Active Player

Here we are about 8 years later and we have two handed katana styles. Long awaited W
  14. Kuno Loyal Player

We also could get a Katana, Chesire, a new more tight focused Deathstroke, a ninja Damien inspired styles.
    Even ninja Batman or Catwoman like the anime movie.
    We barely have martiar arts inspired styles, just LoA, Kabuki and Tech Ninja. All of them pretty old.
    There are so many gaps to fill in the styles section. Dual katana and single katanas or katanas holsters for back piece would be nice.
    I suggested them many times but no luck so far.
  15. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I
    It's even in the name - Zweihander = "two handed".

Sigh.

I like historical swords and for the most part they are lighter and more elegant, with better balance, than anything in-game. But I digress.