Why am I so much weaker than trolls with lower cr?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by WorldCarver, Jan 8, 2024.

1. WorldCarver New Player

I really do not understand this. I just did a raid where a 410 troll out dpsed me, a 422 troll by about 6m and was restoring so much more power than me that I just equipped claw and left it on for the damage buff.I realize there are different ways to build controller, power, buff, and dps. But if he were a dps build, how would he be restoring so much more power? And if he’s either buff or power, how is he doing so much more damage with that much lower of a cr?

I’m currently quantum, I use AoR at 200, Parasites Power Harness 190, Cog of mageddon 144, and I swap it for Claw of Aelkhund 200 every now and then for buffs. I’m using brawling into martial arts and basically just spam that in between throwing out the claw buff and keeping up debuffs on the boss or cc’ing adds. I prefer the precision from cog because my troll skills don’t seem to do much damage. But this is not the first time this has happened, where a troll with way less gear, and I inspect them, lower arts, less gear, doing way more damage and restoring more power. I see several of them using. Brand of Hecate is it really that good for troll dps?
  2. jjm New Player

There should never be more than 1 troll and don't worry about your dps as a troll either. As for the power out it can be for different reasons like arts allies spams. Brand seems to be a waste imo. I use bop rao power harness with zod and deathmetal batman for support allies and 2 troll buffs for affinity mods.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

For the most part of you see a dps switch to troll and they are using brand than they are most likely dpsing while in troll role. Hacate may be labeled as a troll art but in actuality it’s a dps art that require you to be in troll role. As for the power out, there could be many reasons for this. I recall someone saying that claw makes your PoT not register on the scoreboard. If a player is using a lot of power and is constantly popping their colas to regain their power than that power will also show on the scoreboard. Not to mention if they pop supply drop and others are running into the drop. They would get power and the player who popped it would have it show on their scoreboard.

Regardless, when trolling (or healing) do not go off the scoreboard. The scoreboard is a terrible indicator for trolling and healing (and tanking). Instead look at your groups power bar. If they are constantly running low and are having to pop colas than you would need to make adjustments to give out more power. If everyone is at 50% and above most of the raid except for 1-2 player than you’re doing fine and most likely they are just very power inefficient, or they are running ebon. Additionally try to make sure your debuffs (especially defense debuff) stay up at all times (within reason).
    • Like x 3
  4. jjm New Player

Well put ^
    • Like x 1
  5. WorldCarver New Player

Thanks for this, I guess why it seemed to be an issue to me is because I do not have a league and so I’m just joining random groups and it always seems to be an issue with them, they go off the scoreboard. And I literally only have controller gear otherwise I would have just switched to dps and let him take over completely.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When you join random groups to do raids are you queuing through the on duty or are you joining a group in LFG? If you are joining an LFG group and you told them you were a troll and they then asked you to dps than that is on them. If you join using the On Duty menu that I recommend looking at the role you are queuing as. If you can only troll than I would recommend clicking on the option to also dps so that the system sees that you are only a troll. This way the system will prioritize you as the troll and won’t que 2 trolls who can both only do troll role.

But in general don’t let what others assume affect you. As long as the group is above 50% and the debuffs are up than you’re doing fine. If you find yourself struggling to give out power (keeping players over 50%, within reason) there are things you can check to make sure you are properly set up. If you’d like to go over your set up more thoroughly you can message me directly. If you’re on the US PS/PC server I can also group up to go over things if that easier
    • Like x 1
  7. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Having a league that buys Proficiencies will help you as well. There are plenty of leagues who recruit (forums, discord are your better bets), and plenty who will just take anyone because they want your Prestige to get the Proficiencies.

https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Proficiencies
    • Like x 3
  8. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I was about to type out a bunch of factors that could potentially lead to this result just for s***s and giggles but then I re-read your initial post and noticed you said this has happened multiple times. The only real answer here is that there should really almost never be two trolls. There have been a couple of feats where my group decided to try a two troll approach where the 2nd troll was stunning or pulling an add (and only because we couldn’t find a 2nd tank) and there have been a few times I went into an Omnibus raid assuming I’d be trolling and wasn’t paying attention to the groups roles so there were two for a little while. But other than that, not only have I not been in a two-troll group/situation but I can’t even mentally construct a hypothetical situation where it makes any sense.

My suggestion is to throw together a half decent dps loadout for situations where there’s another troll and they’re being stubborn or don’t have a dps loadout. Grab a cookie cutter loadout/rotation off of YouTube. Even if you don’t play that frequently, at this point in the dlc you should have gotten enough green/blue gear drops to have a complete dps gear set several times over. I have a rage dps farming/bank toon that I only ran in Cursed JLD content for the first month or so until my OP back was completed for both my actual toons and halfway through that I had a full set if tank gear collected just incase I ever decide to tank with that toon. It might take a little while to get your body augments up but that’s a one time thing and bumping them up each new dlc doesn’t take much. For head augs, it’s probably not worth leveling each new DLC’s augs if you’re only DPSing in these odd one-off situations so just level up a couple Anti-Crisis (Dark Knights) augments which will give you 4% might or 2% prec in all content. For arts, cog or tetra is fine for one slot so just level up two more to at least 120 next double art xp week and you’re good to go. HoL Bot or Krypto are dirt cheap to level for combat and all the support allies for trolling also have good dps functions (BMwL, DM Batman, Black Adam, Zod, etc)

Now, will you be cooking with that? No. But in those situations just tell the group you’re a main troll and rarely dos but that you at least got a loadout and you’ll do what you can. If they know that I can’t see anyone faulting you for having wittle baby burn. But two trolls???? I really don’t mean this in any disparaging or toxic way but that’s just preposterously silly.

Edit: For Omnibus, it’s fine to do whatever the hell you want. Half the people in those groups are on DGAF status anyway. Two trolls? Sure. Three trolls? F*** it, why not. LOL
    • Like x 1
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Historically, much of the content was built with the idea of a raid having a 2222 makeup.

People stacked DPS ... originally getting rid of one tank. Then getting rid of one healer. Then getting rid of one controller.
    Content tried to create more opportunities for people to play their role. You'll notice a lot of places where the group is supposed to split, or where NPCs have to be kept separate, or where the instance itself banishes players (eg: Wave prisons, Throne teleportation). At the same time that devs were building the game to force people to be more inclusive, they were working against themselves, also building tools that would allow you to play without a role (eg: role-less buffs, supply drops/accomplice/sidekick/ally).

To say "almost never" seems a bit harsh. There are definitely people who specialize in being an off-dps/buff troll, while others still specialize in being a power healer while maintaining debuffs as trolls always have. I for one wouldn't mind having both, so long as (tank/heal/troll) we're not all supporting a whole lotta nothing.
  10. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

spinach.
    • Like x 1
  11. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

When are you putting together an 8tank raid group?
  12. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Was rather disappointed by my first Dall E for your joke ...

[IMG]
  13. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Without me??? Whyyyyyyyy lol