locked account

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kross main, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Kross main New Player

Hello guys! Does anyone know what "locked" account status means? And how can he open it?
  2. Eve YouTuber

Need more context. Where do you see this?
  3. Kross main New Player

my friend account when he try log game , told account locked for your protection. he contact support and give last information and first for 2013 years code for dlc steam...but nobody told what next? its not ban, he told locked and i try ask u guys...because its weird
  4. Eve YouTuber

They probably didn't reply because they do not work on the weekend, but I am sure they will reply starting Monday.
    I believe the system automatically noticed one of these things:

1) Someone logged into the account from a different location
    2) Someone made a purchase that seems suspicious

They probably want to clarify it was really your friend, and they will unlock it afterwards.
  5. Kross main New Player

He talk support already 2 week , and support told there is a possibility that the account will be sold. But my friend give first info and now he can log account . But when he try log - locked . And support this 2 week 1 times answer and after closed ticket . He try contact mepps , but he told contact support ! I don’t understand if account locked but don’t banned and my friend know first information and last phone, email, secret answer, payment . Why don’t open account ? Maybe u know why?
  6. Eve YouTuber

Support\Daybreak doesn't sell the accounts. Did he buy the account from someone else? I don't see a reason they will 'lock' the account AFTER he gave them information, unless they have some information he did something against the terms of service.
  7. Kross main New Player

No , support think it’s account my friend selling or buy, but it’s not. My friend was 3 country USA-Sweden-Russia and was another location. But I don’t understand why support don’t talk him? He rly know everything info for account ! And he told me now, he try create post forum , but he same banned for spam with forum. It’s situation weird . how we can talk Mepps about that ?
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

He openly admitted to sharing his account, which is against the terms of service.
  9. Kross main New Player

he did not share the account with anyone. And he didn’t violate the terms. If he shared, he wouldn't know the latest information right?
    And he knows both the latest information and the very first, when DLC was sold on Steam in 2013
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I think you mentioned 3 different countries, if the account is being accessed from multiple countries, which is going to be easily tracked via IP addresses, then it is going to look like account sharing or selling and he is going to need to better explain his personal circumstances to customer support, because the way they're probably looking at it, that's what it will look like and its unfortunately a bannable offense to do either of those things.

You should either continue to discuss with customer support or private message Mepps here on the forums, none of the players here are going to be able to help you.
    • Like x 2
  11. Kross main New Player

thank u explain) maybe u right
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He mentioned something about 2013 and 3 countries, which implies that he played a long time. In dcuo its hard to not notice those players that stick around for such a long time.

@Kross main
    If you tell us the server you've been playing on and your character name/s over the years, maybe we can find some well known players that noticed you played over the years.

If he/she shared the account, it's unlikely he/she always had the same name or knows all the names he/she had over the years.

Just an idea because there is basically no way of proving your own innocence unless you somehow recorded yourself logging into the game in each country :D
  13. Kross main New Player

its good idea, but when he create post forum, moderator dont give him post....he was always 1 name but when was first name revamp he change name. but i dont think forum can help for this situation. im ask just because im interesting about "locked account" first time look
  14. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Your friend can give the dcuo support the PC MAC address and the ISP info as well as any "Recent Transaction IDs" such as the DayBreak Transaction Receipts sent to Email.
    Lock accounts are due to
    Declined payments after market place cash is spent, sometimes the transaction can go through with sufficient funds but it may decline a day or 2 later due to bank or card can decline it and revoke it.
    Location Detection: From one place to another that's not local in such very short time. (This is not immediate, but it can detect a flag)
    This is due to possibility of account sharing and selling.

Mepps isn't customer support. What he can do is request immediate actions
    To be taken on very toxic players of DCUO through the social media of dcuo such as discord and Twitter and YouTube.
  15. Kross main New Player

yes im agreed Mepps isn't costumer support. my friend already give first payment for steam, credit cards info, secret answer, phone number and he ask, what need more? but support told only account locked because sharing or selling account...

and i dont think forum help my friend, i only wanna know what mean "locked account" and Proxystar explain me.
    im appreciate!!!
  16. tehDarkNite Well-Known Player

ur friend can make a new account....but that might get locked too lmao
  17. Kross main New Player

this account full content and have og auras and sm styles... he just locked account and nobody want talk...
    u know if some1 happing for PSN account need only give PSN id and email....but he give payments(all cards), secret answer, phone, first payment for steam, first email but support dont care and this very bad. technical support responds only using templates
  18. Canadian Justice Committed Player

4 locations with at least 3 different landmasses, it does look suspicious.

Here's what I would suggest:

Have your friend gather proof that he lived in the various locations that he would have logged in from. Pay stub, bills, something that proves who he is and where he was. If he can provide proof of each location, send it to support first. And failing that, try Mepps.

When dealing with support, be calm, be respectful and be patient.

If it truly is his account and no wrong was done, he should get it back in time. It may not be even remotely quick though.
    • Like x 1
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Have possibly been done a favor my dude ngl, sad to say.

But just keep trying like the the post above me suggests!

^this
  20. Kross main New Player

He already give ip addresses and 2 file all pc dxdiag and msinfo. Support told only templates. And only answer Lead Gm Starlight. Every message she told (please be advised that we consider this issue closed. Any future updates or additions this ticket well not be reviewed and the ticket will be set a solved) and don’t have answer … my friend already create 10+ account for contact support because suppprt only closed ticket , now we wait Mepps answer for pm.
    Guys if u can help pls like this post , maybe this help