What would be your ideas for 3 new powers (heal, troll, tank) ?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

For me, I would see this:

tank : Metal
    heal: heal lantern blue
    troll: a kind of Constantine style, a new style of exorcist-type sorcerer: anti-demons.

A troll I've been waiting to see for a long time, although I have to admit that a heal lantern is my main expectation.
    • Like x 1
  2. Proxystar #Perception

Tank - White Lantern (Heroes), Black Lantern (Villain)
    Controller - Shadow
    Healer - Blue Lantern (Heroes), Orange Lantern (Villain)
    • Like x 3
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Tank - Violet Lantern/Star Sapphire
    Troll- Rock 'n Roll sound powers
    Healer- Nanotechnology
    • Like x 3
  4. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Ideally I’d want blue lanterns but WB/DC Comics would never approve or sadly. So if I had to be more realistic I’d say:

Control: shadows
    Tank: necromancy
    Healer: Mage (more classic wizard classes from other MMOs that use elemental attacks like fire ice electric. Instead of what sorcery is lol)
    • Like x 3
  5. Proxystar #Perception

Tank - Serums :D
    • Like x 2
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I feel like the main reasons the lanterns wouldn't get approval is because they'd break lore, basically a villain couldn't be a blue lantern, unless I'm mistaken and there's comic canon to suggest otherwise, or a villain star sapphire, again is it in the comics?

Same with White/Black and so forth or Greed.

I believe the only one to hold them all was the hero Kyle Raynor, but I could be wrong, I only cursory look at the lantern comics from time to time.

Faction differences always seemed to be a significant road block.
  7. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Tank role : Cosmic star
    Healer role : Unstable Elemental
    Controller role: Wind control

I would love to see these powersets within the game one day, oh what a dream.
  9. Jason Martin Dedicated Player

But there is only one Orange Lantern... For a reason...
  10. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

I'd really love to see some growing/shrinking powers, even if they only added them as iconic powers. Recall the open world fights in Long Live the Legion where it appeared they were toying with the idea.
    • Like x 1
  11. Cypharr Committed Player

I think they are more than one later in the narrative but initially it was only Larfleeze. If I recall there are a few featured in the game in Avarice Impurities etc Gomulus
  12. Elpower Active Player

No new powers before adding all roles to existing powers please
  13. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

Yes Kyle is the only one to have had all seven of the rings I think he also held white at one point the only one that I think he never held was black.

I think the closest they could do and the most ideal would be indigo since both heroes and villains have technically been indigo although i think the caveat is they had to be felons at one point if im not mistaken .. so I dunno lol but they use their abilities to heal with compassion, which works right since all three roles would be covered by a lantern. But it’s not the most popular lantern power.

I personally think it was a mistake to ever have us become lanterns (as cool as it is) it should have been a generic hard light power, inspired by dr light and whichever hero they could roughy associate it with. It’s a shame duke Thomas wasn’t around back then cause he uses hard light abilities as well.

We could have still had rage and that actually could have been our “super strength power”

People probably would have still wanted to be lanterns but atleast lore would have kept that argument against it.

Tank: I still want a true super strength power set

Troll: shadow powers

Healer: indigo just to round out the lanterns… or blood/black magic
    • Like x 1
  14. Korlick Loyal Player

Probably too much work to balance, but would be so cool to have an Elemental Powerset. Having Fire, Earth, Water, Air powers, and potentially have all roles to choose (guess this is were those balance issues would come).
    Could take and use a few abilities from existing powersets or NPCs but applied to different role.
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Yeah that's why I said orange lantern as the villain healers too, because I'm pretty sure (could be wrong) there are no blue lantern villains.

It would work I feel too, because although Larfleeze is technically the only 'true orange lantern' there are other green lantern minions like glomulus and correct me again if I'm wrong but I believe according to this lore, the in game characters are not technically true lanterns either, so having an orange ring on a player should pose a problem, the only problem is how does the power of orange light (greed) result in healing lol :)
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Make it a Tank Power, self heals stealing health from team mates lol
    • Like x 1
  17. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Tank: Atom Smasher- Ability to grow in size (I known difficult to do) and alter density and strength directly proportional to that size.
    Healer: Halo - Create Auras of the Seven known rainbow colors.
    Controller: Enchantress- Bio Fission

Peace and DCUO Forever
  18. Isif Committed Player

Someone is trying to give healers PTSD. Brutal mechanic that you have envisioned here.:eek:
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I think the main reason is probably due to lore. They have always been very protective over their lanterns. Look at how long it took to just get the green auras lol.

Because of that, even if new powers were made I have high doubts about lanterns being used. They would most likely need the power to meet specific requirements.

Either you would need 2 lanterns that have polarizing factions that also function the exact same way. Like how the sinestro corps and green lanterns both function the same (constructs with green beings for heroes and yellow being villains). Unfortunately there aren’t any other lanterns that have similar functionality to other corps that also have faction alignments. Easy to say black and white lanterns but there’s probably no chance WB/DC comics would ever approve this lol.

Or a single corps that has both heroes and villains within the corps. Blue lanterns are heroes, maybe sapphire or indigo? No orange lanterns cause there can only be one. And probably villain alignment lol
  20. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Tank: Air You simply do all these cool moves to where the enemy can’t hit you while keeping their aggro.

Heal: Bandaids Apply bandages to your team to heal them up. Also, ointment pi for added heals.

Troll: Magnets (electrified) Throw energized magnets at enemies for cc and use them to help power your team.