Limit the amount people can decline an instance

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CrYsiS44, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Dude...what the heck do you think we are talking about? This is about people opting out of omni queues, causing runs to pop...then fail...as people WISELY opt out of crap runs....or they got tied up...or their kid crapped on the floor...or they fell asleep...or the doorbell rang....or they are also watching their phone and missed the queue. SOME do not want you to 'decline as much as you want' cause it makes them cry when the little thing says their run is starting....then it does not.

Whatever the reason, some would rather have those people locked out of re-queuing for hours or days....further limiting the amount of people queuing their precious run of FOS2/Inner Sanctum cause they missed a briefing in the final boss room last time they were in there. This has nothing to do with going into a run with a made group...and a 'leader'.

And I know you said 'not you' but I CAN tell you, no....I personally would not be frustrated to leave a crap run 3 or 4 or 99 times if 'forced' to accept a bad omni run. I would however stop queueing, or drop my role off the queue as generally THAT's what puts you on a repeat queue...cause the group needs THAT role and you are the only one queuing it. Either way....that group can sit till doomsday waiting for someone else to queue in as that role....hopefully, they have gear...or can actually do it, and didn't just queue up unqualified as so many do.
    • Like x 3
  2. Canadian Justice Committed Player

Some instances just flat out don't work well for pure random queues. No potential reward is worth taking a pure random queue for those instances. Want to punish people for not wanting to spend the entirety of their daily play time in one instance? I just don't know what to say.

Elite and plus is excluded from Omni for good reason. Some regular instances might as well be plus plus plus for many random groups. That is why those queues are declined. An increased reward doesn't make those instances any better. You may see an increase from premades fishing for a heavy reward instance but that'll be the extent of the benefit to increased rewards in bad instances.

Increased penalties? Can't get behind that. Still won't help. As several have said, that would kill random queues and just make the "my queue never pops" issue even worse. And that should be the ultimate goal of any changes. To make queues faster and have less declines.

I guess they could pull all problem instances from the Omni queue. And then either strip them of essentially all mechanics and put them back in a laughably neutered state, or just keep them removed and call it a day.

Rewards won't solve the issue. Neither will penalties. Increased rewards would only attempt to treat a symptom of the issue. And punishment would only aggravate further. The real underlying issue is the instances that get declined. Any "fix" that doesn't directly address that is pointless.
    • Like x 3
  3. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

I think a lot of it has to do with how the window pops up?
    Many times, I am running open world stuff atm and am just about to pick up something or defeat a bounty or sell something on auction when it pops.
    I have no choice but to say yes or no.
    If I say yes, then I may immediately jump into the instance and miss out on what I was doing when it popped. The window reads, " you can still enter your instance" so I feel like saying no is appropriate at those times. I will always go back and accept again before the timer runs out but I will almost always decline it when it pops.
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

I always wished that if someone declined a queue by timeout, the other players would just be teleported in anyway with an incomplete group and the "door" open for more joins. A sort of force queue.
    • Like x 6
  5. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

All arguments would be out the window if everyone came together, realized this, and spoke up against it collectively...
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

Probably solves that pesky AQS problem right, next minute warps into FOS2 by themselves 7 others all declined :D, but yea.
  7. Cypharr Committed Player

8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Saying no for the 60 second timer would not cause the instance to activate for they players. If they are IN the instance already, saying no does nothing...it just means an empty slot for 60 more seconds, or a 60 second delay before everyone goes in. As long as you say 'yes' before the timer goes to 60, I'd guess this is acceptable even to Solowing or the OP. Saying 'No' then letting the time time out, or going in and cancelling the queue, causes the instance to not start, which is where the complaint is. They don't like seeing the little message saying 'instance ready', then saying 'a player declined the instance'. It makes them sad.

They'd rather just sit having the 'instance ready' NEVER come up as half the population is on a 3-24 hour lockout timer.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd say this is a decent compromise idea. Assuming say....6 others have accepted. Issue would be if those 2 missing players were Troll and Heal...or Heal and Tank. However, you can catch a full 8 group with that same scenario...so really, not much of a difference other than headcount.

For Omnis, I'd 100% say this is a good idea. 1 for duos, 3 for alerts and 6 for raids. Try to fill the group, then if someone declines, go in if you have the above number who've accepted queue.
    • Like x 2
  10. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

I just q in and walk out if its a raid i don't want to do. First reason is I hate clamp. 2 I hate og raids that take 25 to 30 minutes to run and fos 1 and 2 I hate more since stu. If the raid requires alit of group mechanics unless I see 4 players in a league I walk out.3 they limited kick options to once every 3 hours so I will walk out over being stuck with a Leroy Jenkins
    • Like x 2
  11. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

Funny thing is I have created 4 new character over the last three to four months and there are things I don't q at all in tier one because I know any player that has any knowledge of raid hate how long tier one raids was and that they are a grind and in some cases just plain out garbage to pug. In the tier one raids I q only two raid. prime battle ground and gates of Tartarus.
    till I hit tier two . get this about to runs into gates and your t2. There you have alot of raids that players like. Necropolis and tod and others. Just saying. Thing is if you want to use omnibus. You might need to think about what your queuing. make sure its something fast and easy on mechanics because that's how you use omnibus to q. If your trying to get players to run dox or fos 2 or 1 or even prison break. just know your setting yourself up for disappointment.
    • Like x 1