Winter Sale & Wolfpack Artifact Tokens!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 21, 2023.

1. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

That sticker price is shocking for the wolf pack, but considering it take like $200 to get a single artifact to level 200, while I could spend half that to get a level 200 artifact on all my characters, kinda worth it. So, if I could use it on my healer arts to use on my healer alts to really have comparable tests between the powers that could be really useful. Maybe I'll actually be able to enjoy the alt runs since I won't be hamstrung by my lack of arts and can really see the difference between the powers.

I'm not super sure how many of these I will buy considering the price, but it's (imo) a better bargain than leveling up the same artifact multiple times on different characters.
    • Like x 6
  2. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

But you aren't transferring, it's more like making a copy that your entire team can use individually.
    • Like x 4
  3. Betleskisan New Player

It creates an "account bound" artifact. That's ONE. You're saying you can get more for free? How? Why wasn't that explained in the original Daybreak post?
  4. Betleskisan New Player

You're converting the original artifact into a "Wolfpack Artifact," which mean the original is being consumed, as if it was Nth Metal...I'm assuming...
  5. August Moon Well-Known Player

Could just used the old recovery kits from the mods to give us 100%,50%, and 25% of our already fed in nth metal whilst having us buy the completion seal or slowly painstakingly grind to create the purple seals from the r&d stations that's been gathering dust for some time now.

But nah, I guess we're doing this now. Alos to add that price is high af . I'll pass . I'll just keep waiting for the double nth metal week that'll never come
    • Like x 2
  6. jolaksi Well-Known Player

It is literally there... Are you sure you read it all?:

"Using this new system, every character on your account can redeem your Rank 200 artifact and use it just as if they had ranked it up themselves.

NOTE: Only Rank 200 artifacts can be upgraded using a Wolfpack Token.
    Here's how that works:
    1. Rank up and fortify an artifact to Rank 200.
    2. Purchase a Wolfpack Token from the Marketplace.
    3. Purchase a Rank 0 Wolfpack version of your artifact from the artifact vendor, Constantine, in the House of Legends.
    4. Fortify the Rank 0 Wolfpack version of your artifact with your Rank 200 artifact.
      • All XP is transferred and this fortification cannot fail.
      • This results in a Rank 200 Wolfpack version of your artifact that is account bound.
      • Wolfpack Artifacts cannot be fortified into other artifacts.
    5. Redeem a Wolfpack Voucher for this artifact, an item that is now visible to you on Constantine in the House of Legends.
    6. Log into any or all other characters on your account.
    7. On each one, you can now redeem a Rank 200 Wolfpack version of your artifact from Constantine in the House of Legends or from your base dispenser."
    • Like x 3
  7. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

Good to see that we can now claim rank 200 arts on our alts. I won’t buy any of these as arts just plain stupid in the first place. But since this is years down the road, what good is this for if we already have the same arts leveled up or partially leveled up on different toons, seems to be a little too late to add this to the mix.
    • Like x 4
  8. Soc Level 30

So you need at least 1, 200 Artifact and once you leveled that with $$$ then you have to pay another $100 dollars for this Wolf Pack, while it is a good idea, it is for ONLY 1 Artifact and once you use this Token on said Artifact you can never ever feed that Artifact should you want to in the future. I'm good the price waaayyy to high for my taste and so many things they want you to spend money on, yet we barely get any content!
    • Like x 4
  9. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Hmm, maybe you're right. The wording seems a bit... tricky.

From my understanding of this, it seems like you can redeem on all characters but you lose it on the original.

Maybe you can redeem the Wolfpack version on your main just like your can with your alts?

If I have to lose my original art, this does become a sticking point and I will probably pass on the wolf pack, which is a shame as it seems like a great idea.
  10. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Nice option now for your alts, but a little too expensive for me. My alts will just have to fight with low and slow leveling artifacts.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 1
  11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Going through the process, you are left with a rank 200 wolfpack artifact on your main and then you can claim the same rank 200 wolfpack token on all of your alts.
    • Like x 11
  12. Black Dawn Steadfast Player

Well here we go, we get to keep our original artifact and get the same artifact on all our alts.

IMO totally worth it.
    • Like x 3
  13. Slado Active Player

Ok, so it's a copy of the existing artifact into an exact duplicate that can be used by all of the alts on an account
    • Like x 1
  14. Brandon_Harper New Player

So where does this leave us with Double Artifact XP?
    • Like x 1
  15. Doctor Impossible New Player

To ALL of your toons.
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Could not help but notice the Bottle Soder is not included.... because of course... it is not Rank 200?? :oops:
    • Like x 2
  17. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wolfpack tokens sound nice - if you have at least two characters that can make good use of the redeemed artifact. Otherwise its questionable if that is really worth it.

Also, considering that many have almost all the desired artifacts for their roles maxed or nearly maxed, i think i'd need a new universal artifact to justify a purchase. Something like EoG, Strat Card or Trans Card.
    • Like x 1
  18. Proxystar #Perception

Thanks for the sale Mepps.

The wolf token feature seems good but that price is pretty high
    • Like x 5
  19. Jcal Dedicated Player

Wolfgang Tokens are a game changer for players who play multiple mains, or simply multiple end game characters. Going forward I'll certainly consider these tokens whenever a new artifact releases. Leveling up one artifact with stashed away resources, then Wolfgang-ing (oh that's good, lol) sure beats leveling up three copies of the same artifact. I don't think the price is too crazy, then again my PoV is I maintain three mains.

Hey so... now that we've ventured into DCUO ""impossible"" territory, how about a "Share Material Token" next? Something with Dr Fate perhaps? Get a voucher for a Material or Chroma you own, claim that Material or Chroma on your entire account. (You did this, DCUO. You've opened the door, lol)
    • Like x 3
  20. Hraesvelg Always Right

This MIGHT make me interested in dusting off some old alts.
    • Like x 3