Confirmed Voice Chat Issures

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by Crowman, Dec 14, 2023.

1. Crowman Active Player

Hellow, since the last maintenance, Dec 13th, after 8hrs of maintenance i got a issure of Voice chat related.
    When i logging on to play DC Universe Online, after the maintenance, i wanted talk with my League's pals but we got a problem, some league members report me about they can ear me but when they got the turn to answer me or talk i cant ear them, and some times we re can ear and talk between us. I check hardware level and the devise work perfectly, plus i ear some music from SPOTIFY while i play DCUO, and i testing the micro with windows programs and they work well, and while i play DCUO i run the test on the game and the microphone say are connected and work, but while im testing i cant ear the eco while im testing, afterall say the connection work perfectly.
    Testing the audio of the speakers and say all work perfectly but if i got a issure related about of the micro the tester program (on the game, logic) say i need run microphone test.
    So anyone got the same issure about the voice chat?.
    Please answer soon ...
    • Like x 5
  2. Sollace Well-Known Player

Same problem, I can't hear what's being said from the voice, I haven't changed anything, I have the sound of the game, I also have the sound if I go on youtube or something, but someone talking on the channel, no sound, although I can see the voice icon that activates when a player is talking on the voice.
    • Like x 2
  3. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are investigating these reports and working to improve voice chat. Our last update included backend changes to the system to support PS5 and Xbox Series X, which is likely the cause.
    • Like x 2
  4. Crowman Active Player

what is "backend"? and like Batman on Alert of JLD Curse when talk with the 2nd boss: "Explain"
    please Meppy♥
  5. Kestral Committed Player

Usually Backend in tech is the code behind the front facing system. So there is nothing we are likely going to be able to fix by messing with our own settings.

Also ditto on this error. My friend playing on PS4 could hear me on PC yesterday but I could not hear him no mater how many attempts to fix with changes of chat, characters, group, etc we could not get it working. But he could converse fine with another player also on PS4.
    • Like x 1
  6. Crowman Active Player

lo the problem is retrocompatiblity between consoles and PC? right?
    i hope the problem can be solved
  7. Avelox Active Player

I had this issue after the update too. I went into the settings and under the voice tab I noticed that my mic was selected to the right place but that my speaker wasn't. When I switched the speaker to my headset the problem was resolved. Hope this helps.
  8. Crowman Active Player

I wish that solution work well but i check all my config and all are corrects, but i cant ear the voice chat on DCUO. I mean only the people try sayme something but i cant ear but when i talk they can ear me; and sometimes is mixed.
    Today i ear, coz a League's friend talk me with Discord's via, about the PS5 issure are fixed, but on my case, PC verse, not ate solved. So idk when the devs fix this problem.
    I forgot mean on this ticket/commentary on this forum what plataform i use on DCUO, and now on this commentary i mean about i use PC verse. SO i hope Mepps know where work about it,
  9. Sollace Well-Known Player

Well apparently, problem solved on my side, and for my part I am on PC, in the settings "voice" -> "speaker" this, it was put all alone on the speaker of my screen, something I do not use and I put back on the active speakers as it was well put before the update and the league channel sound is again available.
    • Like x 1
  10. Crowman Active Player

My voice chat issure are fixed, thanks for the suggest, Sollace ♥
    And thanks for all people answer this post here. thanks for help me to fix my issure.
    • Like x 1
  11. gameaddict Level 30

Anyone has voice chat intermittently cut out? I seem to have no issues outside the game, but in dcuo sometimes either my voice or someone else's voice seems to cut out for 2-3 seconds.
  12. Kestral Committed Player

Thanks Avelox that fixed my issue as well. The audio settings were set to one setting but the voice speaker setting was set to another. So I was getting the ingame music/effects but no voice chat. Since making the setting the same again the issue has been resolved.
  13. sebfm Well-Known Player

The issue is occuring daily in my league. Only switching chat and setting volume for each person again each day seems to reset temporary the voice chat issue.

People are on PC, PS4, PS5 and all are on EU PC/PS server.
  14. Azphyxea New Player

Hello I am on the nintendo switch and have been getting an error since the update: step 3/5 voice connection test failed (1.131.1004). I have game audio but no voice chat, I've re-download the game twice to try and fix it but the same error is still there, why are some people affected and not others, my switch and dcuo app are all up to date, please help.
  15. Icon Active Player

The Voice chat has been messing up for some time now. I find I have to constantly make small adjustments so I can properly hear my friends in any chat channel. Sometimes it just goes out and I have to leave the chat and come back then it will fix. Everyone I play with reports the same issues, please review and correct. Thanks!
  16. Crowman Active Player

i got other bug related about voice chat, but this tiem is about the volume goes out of adjustment when you restart, change or close and return to the game
    Is awful i need adjust, or more like fix, everytime and every moment per minutes or hours... or worst adjustment every log sesion...