Sorcery Prec Advice

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Dethstryke, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Dethstryke Well-Known Player

I’m currently running gadgets prec, and while it’s definitely effective, I find managing stealth to be a bit of a pain. Was thinking of trying something new. I’ve never played Sorc before but I like the aesthetic and the idea of a pet build seems fun. Does anyone know how well it performs? Is it better might or prec? Am I just barking up the wrong tree and should go electric?
  2. Some rando Active Player

Sorcery pet is pretty great, but it alters the way you play the game a lot plus you would need to invest in Source Shard artifact. I'd say just go with electric, unless you already have Source Shard leveled.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Are you looking to do a pet build or wanting to play with fury generally? If you switched from gadgets and were prec I assume you were using a more meta set up.

What are you using?
    Arts?
    Allies?
    Movement?
    How many armories do you use to dps?

If you’re looking to chase the scoreboard then you’re already one of the best powers. If you’re looking to play a power you like than don’t worry about “what is best”. See what you like and learn to optimize that playstyle.
  4. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

A pet build can be fun, especially if you want something different from regular Might, or Prec cookie-cutter meta playstyles. It can also be pretty effective, especially if you don't have a huge amount of SP, since pet damage scales only with your CR. On the other hand the potential of such builds is also somewhat limited, partly for the same reason - pets don't crit, don't benefit from troll/soder/Omega buffs, or your SP. Also their AI often gets them killed in E+ content, so if you want to be chasing the score at the highest level with Sorcery, you're generally better off with a more standard Prec/Might build in the long run. Or you can just follow the crowd and jump on the Electric bandwagon.

If you really want to heavily rely on pets, with Source Shard (and perhaps MERCY), you're going to need Zatanna ally, in which case going Might is probably the better option, as it allows you to proc Zatanna's passive more often.
  5. L T Devoted Player

So it's true that sorcery might has some advantages in terms of triggering zatanna and resetting godwave. That having been said, it's not terribly difficult to reset godwave every 6 seconds with precision and synching it with offering is what matters most. Precision Sorcery does pretty well.

Not as good as precision gadgets. But really nothing is, and Sorcery is a lot less work.