Best Powers combination for duo with girlfriend

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrSheep, Dec 18, 2023.

1. MrSheep New Player

Hey everyone,
    About to start playing DCUO again with my girlfriend after a few years off. It´s her first time playing a "real" computer game and first time playing an mmo. What do you think is the best power and role combination for us to play duo? DPS/Tank? What works well?
    I have all access sub.
    Thanks in advance!
    • Like x 1
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The best combo for a duo is DPS/DPS.
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

If this is her first time playing I think the best combo so that you guys can not only do duos but also alerts later is to play a powerset from a tank and healer sets.

In particular the easiest way to play would be as earth and sorcery specifically. When doing duos and elite duos you can both dps with both guardian and brick out to have them tank for you guys. Than in alerts one can do support role or both for elite (depending on meta). This would help you guys expand to more than just duos long term. Plus when doing open world bounties this set up would also help make these grinds easier too.

DM me if you’d like more info on these set ups and how to build long term.
    • Like x 1
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

DPS is a default role all powers have it. I suggest you both go healer and tank as you will be able to fill up groups fast. For powers one should go Earth tank and the other should go Electricity healer. This are the best power for those roles in my opinion (FYI I'm not looking for anyone's opinion this is not cos for a debate and it's meant for this fine couple). But do some research and see what powers work well for you both but you must go tank and healer.
  5. Some rando Active Player

I do not know if your girlfriend also has all-access, but Water and Earth are pretty fun powers. Otherwise Fire and Sorcery are also very fun and effective!
  6. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

Healer.