Power Options

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by qECLIPSEp, Nov 16, 2023.

1. qECLIPSEp Well-Known Player

It's been years since we've seen a new power, and have been told we probably won't see a new one any time soon.
    Why don't the devs develop a way to make any powerset playable as any role? Yes I know some animations will have to change for some of the powers for each role but it will give a new aspect to the game. You wouldn't have to change anything with the DPS powers in the powersets themselves just the powers made for support roles! This is just an Idea to keep the game fresh and evolving!
    • Like x 2
  2. Alushaun Well-Known Player

I've been saying this for years but, adding a single power to the Iconics Skill tree could help fill this gap.
    By adding 1 or more powers to that tree it would be a lot less balancing to code, compared to a full new powerset. It also excludes no-one, as every player of every faction or power type has access to the Iconics skill tree.

There are also plenty iconics to base the power on, some even reusing basic moves/animations/effects.
    They could either pull directly from the powers seen when players use Legends in PvP/Pve content (Catwomans whip)
    Or
    Create a new iconic based single power, like Superman's stupid new electricity power, or Animal Man and Beast Boy's ability to change into an animal (Gorilla, Insect, Wolf, other multitude of creature NPC's in-game.)

I could fill a Google Spreadsheet on this topic.
  3. KN1TE Dedicated Player

I'm sure this would be another source of revenue then as well. Players would then purchase the controller, healer, tank respec tokens so they could play as a water tank, electric troll, ice healer...etc. I've also wanted a villian respec token to become a villian from being a hero and hero to villian etc. It would be cool if you could do so many (10?) bad missions to become a villisn & do good missions to become a hero. It would follow some D.C. character arcs & make for an interesting episode to choose good or bad.
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

This will be harder to do than create a new power entirely.
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As stated before by Mepps, a huge part of the reason they dont create new powersets is the overall maintenance and balancing that comes along with them.
    Adding two roles to any powerset means the same effect for that reason.
    It would cut down some of the development time used for animations - if most abilities remain as they are, so its not as much work as a brand new powerset, but i would say its still more than half the work - just to create this.
  6. StreamlineArrow Active Player

They should abandon the game entirely and put their resources into making a modern DCUO on UE5.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yep... DCUO needs an update like they did with Overwatch 2... oh wait...... :oops:
    Fallout 76??...
    Diablo 4??.....

;) ;)

It is popular to say that DCUO needs an upgrade...... but... how often is that really for the better???

Yes once in a while you will have a BG2 which was an upgrade compared to BG..... and even then we lost a lot of the exploration we could do in BG.

But too often.... you will have an Overwatch 2.

Heck... after BG2... we got Neverwinter Nights which we thought would be an improved version of Baldur's Gate with better Graphics and 3rd Edition rules.
    But.... sadly it was not the improvement people were hoping for.

Fallout 76?? was that an improvement vs Fallout 4?? or even Fallout 3 for that matter??

Will SS Kill JL be an improvement over the Arkham games???

For those of us who enjoy DCUO as it is....

Would we still enjoy a DCUO2 on UE5??

Would it be the same game????

Or would it be like Dragon Age 2 that had nothing to do with Dragon Age Origins???

No guarantee that a DCUO2 would be better....
    Heck... based on most games of the past....
    Odds are it would not be the same.... and odds are it would not be better.

What if they make DCUO2 where you no longer can customize the look of your character??
    Where all you can do is purchase new skins like in Marvel's Avengers???
    If you love to customize the look of your character that would be a disaster.

What if you no longer have Powers???
    What if all the characters now uses various machine guns mini guns like SS Kill JL??
    How would you like DCUO2 then???

Be carefull what you wish for..... you might just get it. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

The stupid thing about Fallout 76 was, most of us were asking to be able to play campaign with our friends -- you know, a single-player campaign with co-op. And Bethesda took a look at that and said "MMO!" :confused:

Worse, "They said "MMO, using the same game engine as the single-player game, we'll use the unpatched release version from the last game, and we won't even bother making sure it works for multiplayer before we release it! Genius!" :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That is part of the point.....

The Devs don't often give us what we ask for.
    Heck..... even when they DO give us what we ask for... they often end up not giving us what we really want like the EEViLLL Monkey Paw. ;)

So yes.... we could ask for DCUO2 in UE7 (by the time we would get a DCUO2 UE7 would be the latest version.. me swear ;) )......

..... But.... would we really have DCUO2??
    ... or would we end up with SS Kill JL 2???

Also..... unless we can import our characters from DCUO to DCUO2.....
    I don't want to restart from scratch in DCUO2.
    I spent 12 years gathering 1000+styles.... no way I want to start that from scratch again.

That pretty much killed Destiny 2 for me.
    Restarting from scratch in Destiny 2 was not appealing to me.
    Also.... We had Destiny for.... 2 years??
    Would we get Destiny 2 for only 2 years and then would need to restart from scratch..... again.... with Destiny 3???
    Destiny 3 did not happen.... yet...... but it was a concern.

So yes..... in theory.... it might be nice to wish for a DCUO2 in UE9 (yes.... UE got an upgrate as I wrote this post.... damm you AI ;) )......
    But odds are DCUO2 would not be better then DCUO....
    Heck odds are DCUO2 would be worse then DCUO.

So.... no.... please..... let us enjoy DCUO. ;)
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I was just about to say this! The same EXACT 100% thing could be said about Skyrim and Knights of the Old Republic as well XD
    It's really bad and sad. I strongly miss co-op. The Borderlands games have split screen which my gf and I discovered in which is awesome. Wish those companies took a page from those books (even if online co-op AT LEAST). One can only dream. Those were the days.
    • Like x 1
  11. JordanHarold25 New Player

The idea is cool, but I doubt it will happen, I just wanted a new power, I know it won't happen either, but then why not give us more iconic powers? or since they think about profit to make money, why don't they launch a power color change, like the movement style lightstreams for example, anything that can differentiate a little or just give a feeling of newness is welcome, we have the same powers It's been years, I'm sure a power color change would give them a better return than insisting on these paid emotes...
  12. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Heck, I've always said if I was able to play as Tank with my Gadgets (soo many pulls! ^-^), I'd be absolutely ecstatic!

I'd totally return to the game that's for sure!
  13. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Oh, I know. I just wanted to vent about how not only did Bethesda not give us what we asked for, they also couldn't be bothered to give us something that was playable. :p

I'd like to think Daybreak is better than that, but why take the chance?
    • Like x 1