Please make the seasonal mission auto-complete

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Dec 10, 2023.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Having to manually finish the mission is unnecessary and costs me several marks because I only realized on the following day that I had to finish it by opening my journal. Very counter-intuitive if the objective is already done.

Because it is a mission with multiple steps, it doesn't seem like it but when you accept the mission from Hal Jordan on the following day, you still won't get the 2nd quest step of finishing the seasonal alert, which makes you miss out on 6 marks simply because you forgot to manually finish it through your journal.
    • Like x 14
  2. Eve YouTuber

Yep, I missed out on 6 marks because of it. It seems like 'nothing' but when you have to grind so much, It's seriously annoying. The alert should just give everything at once, instead of having to accept it yourself.
    • Like x 1
  3. Ryazan Dedicated Player

Thanks for the reminder. Some alts would have missed out on the 6 marks otherwise, again.
    • Like x 1
  4. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This is very aggravating, and I believe is asked every year to no avail (asked for it a few times myself). I think the biggest issue isn't that it does NOT auto-complete, but that so many other ones do...or do not matter as they don't pay marks. It should at least be consistent, and since MOST seasonal runs don't require closing the mission to get the marks, neither should Xmas. Roll the marks into the mission itself and we won't need to worry about closing it out to get paid.

Don't even get me started on the Onimar Synn mission in M2....
    • Like x 5
  5. Cypharr Committed Player

Well, well, well when is this ship set to sail cos I'm definitely on board. Missed all my marks on 6 toons on the first day only to realize it on the second day. I try not to make that mistake again and visit the journal after every mission now but I tell you its daunting having to consciously remember everyday. This systems happens every seasonal so the change should not be for the seasons greedings alone but for all seasonal going forward.
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Come on now, they purposely want you to feel the FOMO when you forget to click it, and be pressured into purchasing marks from the MP to "make up for it" ;D
    Make things easy? Pshhh :p
    *takes off tin foil hat*
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

That is DEEP territory tin-foil hat land.

I think it's more just having different people work on different things, and having no consistency in seasonals.

Anyone who is buying marks vs running another day or another toons isn't worried about losing out on a few marks. I'd guess people that do that come in and buy the marks and just disregard the entire seasonal.
    • Like x 1
  8. SUPERMANONCRACK Level 30

Please do this. Agreed.
  9. Special Guest Level 30

I hate logging on to find out that I never claimed the complete from the previous day... I get so annoyed with myself.
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps, but is it really that much of a too far off stretch? Many games that are known to have "predatory practices" rely on shady methods and definitely don't lose sleep on common human error/mistakes such as this.

For example (but not limited to), not making light or having a big announcement when the stabilizer event was changed. Like that thread of people complaining when they missed a few days of stabilizers because they didn't know. I'm sure they loved that lol.

TL;DR- Just basic business practices, really. There's money to be made on human error.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...they could have announced the change to the stab run a bit better. Not sure 2 or 3 days of missed fragments amounts to a big scam, but they could have given more advanced warning. Not sure what the drawback would have been really as most people were likely already claiming the previous few days (I think it happened on the 3rd or 4th day) worth of stabilizers, so it's not like you could have 'stocked up' in prep for the change. Maybe 1 extra push to get the one from the Dr Fate or Dakota vendor before those died out.
    • Like x 1
  12. Cypharr Committed Player

Well one aspect of these is funny, evidently you're active on the forum don't know where else you're also active. If someone who doesn't follow the forum or any other social media platform had said this I'll understand.
    Btw anyone playing DCUO and not following at least one of there social media platforms is not serious about DCUO. So, FYI they announced the change to the stabilizers perfectly as they do with every major change to the game. Besides everyone excepted a change since it was a popular dispute within the community. Also before for the announcement of the change they posted they were aware of the dispute with the stabilizer duos and were working on a change and we should expect it. They even announced when they discontinued the stabilizer fragment from the daily rewards and made it a duo. Sorry you missed it can't blame anyone for that mistake but....
  13. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Yeah for sure. And it all adds up, especially with the "lack of" sales/discounts. They skipped so many than usual (did they even have a black Friday one?), I don't even know of any that happened this year whatsoever. Anniversary was skipped too. Membership sales were removed completely this past year (and the year before), even though they had a membership sale EVERY year prior (for Xbox anyway, usually 25-30% off especially for the annual).
    Perhaps they themselves are still "making up" for the "loss" from that artifact fiasco. Who's to know lol, but the same idea.

FOMO is real hardcore in this game, and even I have been tempted before to purchase currency from MP when I missed a few days to "make up" for missing out (even though I have enough coins to last for years and usually brang it back to 999 every year after new purchases), or even resetting a daily (mission, instance, stab, etc.) because I missed the day prior. It's definitely a real thing, but I don't know how large.
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As you pulled a segment of my message, I'll reply. I've missed not a single stabilizer on multiple accounts except on nights I don't bother logging in at all...I wasn't commenting for myself...it was a general statement. I knew about the change from the announcements here, it was not a surprise to me.

However, following a social media page/service should not be REQUIRED to be informed of sweeping game changes. And yeah....changing the daily rewards to NOT include stabilizers or re-introducing the run with no announcement IS a sweeping change. And who was expecting a return of the stabilizer runs? I don't think anyone 'excepted' (I believe this is supposed to be 'expected') stabilizers to be removed from the daily...if anything it was one of the few improvements I think everyone agreed was good when the changes went in 2+ years ago.

We have the in game pop up message for seasonals, boosters, megas, TCs, extra-life and everything else....do you think it would have been that difficult to add one saying 'The stabilizer daily has returned! - use it to collect fragments which are no longer part of the daily grant' or something to that effect? IF you do think that would have been too difficult...well, you don't think very highly of our devs, do you?

BTW...no one should be 'serious' about DCUO.....it's a game. If this is something 'serious' in your life, go outside occasionally.
    • Like x 2
  15. Limey Committed Player

This is one of the areas of inconsistency that plagues the game and creates frustration that could easily be avoided by developing certain standards, then sweeping the game and making sure even old code meets the standard. Some quests complete automatically, some completed when clicked, and some require you to talk to an NPC(then either auto complete or have to click). But like the vast majority of minor QOL changes that would make a huge impact, this one gets ignored.

Just to add to this, this game has been classified as a casual game by the vast majority of people involved in it's operation.. it's not a game people play all day every day, and shouldn't be treated as such nor should it's content be developed as such.

On another note: The change back to stabilizer runs was rather game-changing and far too quiet, the subsequent reduction to single player runs made it completely redundant removing the vault since now we have a vault with combat enemies instead of boxes, which imo, makes it far more tedious during normal times, and twice as tedious during seasonal events with their own vault, meaning 2 variations of vaults instead of a standard one that was updated with seasonals, as it was for the majority of the game's history.

But as a business, part of their job isn't releasing content that players love, it's releasing content that keeps players in the game. Use of FOMO is a major part of this game's business model.
    • Like x 3