Anniversary Event Rewards Showcase 2024

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I really wish they'd quit jamming feats on Emotes. I really makes them feel more 'forced' on us vs optional, as they should be.

And yeah....Wondertwins are NOT my thing, so I doubt I'll even pick up their styles.

The statues and Dioramas seem ok though. The cakes....meh.
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

They were the worst part of the 70s 'SuperFriends' cartoon. And if they weren't bad enough on thier own....they had a pet monkey.
    • Like x 1
  3. Rejchadar Inquisitor

at 70? at 70 I most likely watched https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Well,_Just_You_Wait! ...the first comics with superheroes appeared somewhere in the early 90s after the collapse of the Soviet Union (some comics could have been obtained earlier from Poland ... but these were most likely comics like Burton & Cyb, The Quest for the Time-Bird ,L'Épée de Cristal..and not at all related to superheroics....)...
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

cheers, matey. not a great deal in there that's of interest to me, personally, but I'll definitely be picking up the two statues for me league hall. as usual, a sterling effort!
    • Like x 1
  5. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Even if you don't like the Wonder Twins, the emblems COULD be useful for tools whose names start with "J" or "Z."
    • Like x 3
  6. willflynne 10000 Post Club

At least they had powers. These guys? Not so much, so I'd put them at the top of any "worst part of the show" list.

[IMG]

And yet, both sets of annoyances managed to get revisited in later animated shows. Wendy and Marvin were part of Young Justice...

[IMG]

..while the Wonder Twins got their own makeover (along with Black Vulcan, Samurai and Apache Chief) in Justice League.

[IMG]

Nostalgia can do weird things. LOL
    • Like x 2
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ugh....yes, but at least they were the comic relief. The wonder twins were supposed to be taken seriously (or at least as serious as a saturday morning toon in the 70s could take itself).

But yeah....I guess it's a tie for 'worst' part.
    • Like x 1
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I grew up with them on Saturday morning cartoons. :)
    • Like x 2
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Of course, what you have to remember is that the Justice League / Super Friends were all adults, so the Wonder Twins (and later, Wendy and Marvin) were added to give kids someone closer to their age to relate to. Basically, they were added for the same reason we got Scrappy-Doo (kill it, kill it with fire!), Godzuki in the Godzilla cartoon, and Spike Witwickey in TransFormers.

Also, Gleek (and later, Wonder Mutt) were there because kids like animals, right? Kids love animals doing goofy things! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  10. Dene Devoted Player

The Wonder Twins were EPIC!!!
    • Like x 3
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I guess I was a more evolved kid then...as I always thought all of them were pointless and would rather have just watched the 'adult' superheroes do their thing.

BTW...Wendy, Marvin and WonderDog were first. Zan and Jayna and Gleek were the replacements a few years later. Maybe why I remember the wonder twins 'worse' as they were not even the original 'silly' part of the show.
    • Like x 1
  12. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

I don't know about the wonder twins. They only time I seen them as for the writers and story and the actors was in Smallville.
    I may have seen them in justice league animated series. But I watched that casually.
  13. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Now, I just need a space monkey ally!!
    • Like x 2
  14. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Yeah, well, that whole "someone their age to identify with" thing was dreamed up by guys in their 30s and 40s. :rolleyes:

I never saw the point of Wendy and Marvin, though. Were they basically just mascots? I mean, at least Zan and Jayna had super-powers, so it made sense they'd be on a superhero team.

Oh, okay. I remember the Wonder Twins from when I was younger, and never saw Wendy and Marvin until later. The joys of reruns, right?
    • Like x 2
  15. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

The wonder twin chest could make a decent stand-in for the Sinestro Corp uniform slimline I’m still waiting for
    • Like x 1
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Space monkeys need forever homes too!
    • Like x 1
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Oh my, I'm now imagining a base pet and a whole lair filled to the brim with blue-furred space monkeys making those noises over and over and over and over, throwing who-knows-what at each other.....

*shudder*
    • Like x 3
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Is the emblem part of the chest style, or is it blank so you can use your own emblem? It would be more useful if it is customizable, so I'm guessing... it's part of the chest?
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It is not part of the chest.

Emblem sold separately. ;)
    • Like x 1
  20. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

The wonder twin emblems are in the emblem slot, while the chest is just a chest as shown in the video
    • Like x 1