Anniversary Event Rewards Showcase 2024

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Dec 8, 2023.

1. Eve YouTuber

A look at the rewards from the upcoming Anniversary Event!

• Like x 7
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

My sister is going to love these!
    • Like x 3
  3. Eve YouTuber

I'm personally only going to get the emote for the feat and the dioramas for their respective inspired characters, not a big Wondertwins fan so it's not something I personally want. (Plus no feats for styles OR Base Items...)
    • Like x 1
  4. Jcal Dedicated Player

Already!!? Well alright then, lol.

Sight unseen, I'm going to say they forgot to update the Speed Force Ring to Max IL 368, didn't they?

Okay now I'm gonna watch your vid. Thanks, Eve!
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

They will update it, according to the post in testing section :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Jcal Dedicated Player

Ohhh, the dioramas are very nice. That could be a new thing. I hope to see way more of them in 2024.
    • Like x 1
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

Weird to think DCUO is now a teenager
    • Like x 1
  8. Eve YouTuber

Now I imagine DCUO sneaking out of the house to party till the morning light then coming home to angry parents... xD But yeah, DCUO is 13! Insane
    • Like x 2
  9. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

ThankS! That gotta be the worst haircut I've seen so far but the rest is ok :)
    • Like x 1
  10. Achikah All About That Base

Pretty disappointed in this year's Anniversary drop.

Wonder Twins fans I'm sure will be overjoyed but there's not much else there, especially with the base items.

Honestly, I'd really like to see the anniversary as more celebrating the years past in DCUO when it comes to furniture. The cakes and triumphs being the yearly staples highlighting newer DLCs, but rather than creating brand new assets sets, it'd be great if we got ones that have been in the game since its inception we've never been able to utilize in our bases before, doubly so if they get a glow-up retexturing. For instance, it would have been very cool to have had the gilded statues, benches and planters from outside the Daily Planet rather than just a small diorama of them. Even better, I think it'd have been really cool to have had the larger, practical/stand alone versions WITH the dioramas since, though niche, they aren't particularly bad in any right as a furniture piece (they're actually very well crafted,) but they're just not very useful unless you're making a miniature cityscape.

Ya, this method for seasonal drops wouldn't be anything new, but there's a lot of us who have been asking for older items for a very long while, ones we've seen pop up even in recent content like the Meta Therapy Clinic- paintings, benches, medical screen and equipment, etc as old as the Grodd duo. There's so many assets they could pull from so many different instance we've never gotten to tinker with ourselves and we get... these. Just really disappointing, especially when this is supposed to be THE celebration event of, and for, the game...

Well, that's my two cents. Again, what is there is well done, but I feel these won't be super helpful to a good majority of decorators in the long run, nor is the drop substantial enough for us to get excited over. On the brighter side of things, I can at least stock up on lava and detritus this year without worrying about mark count... or having to lecture about overpriced newer items again this time around.... I hope. What is the mark cost this time around for newer things, Eve?
    • Like x 4
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Same, me & sis both aren’t big fans of the Wonder Twins.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Just checked, 10 mark per base item, including the statues of Ebon & Hecate
    • Like x 1
  13. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

There is probably 3 fans of the Wonder Twins..... in the world. ;) ;)

So you and Sis are not alone. ;)

They probably gave us the Wonder Twins to have some synergy with the Wonder Twins movie that was coming up.
    But sadly.... that movie was cancelled when James Gunn because the head of the DCU.
    You have to remember..... they start working on content like 2 years??? ahead of time.
    So by the time the Movie was cancelled... they already had crossed the Rubicon and had to give us those styles?

Although to be fair.... the chest and emblems do look nice. ;)
    • Like x 1
  14. kallader Committed Player

Was thinking about the new set and start to panic...please god tell me they will not give us the other half of the wondertwin set for next year event :(
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Don't be silly..... we will not get the other half next year.

We will get the other third next year.... the Gloves and Boots. :eek:

And the last third the year after.. Back and Mask.

;) ;)
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Soooo...., what you are saying is...., the world has been spared of the Wonder Twins!
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yep. ;) ;) ....... for now. ;)
    • Like x 1
  18. Rejchadar Inquisitor

Hmmm...are these some characters from DC? and considering the absence of the lower part of the wardrobe and the word “twins”, at first I thought that these were characters from a film “for adults” :p:D
  19. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

These are characters from the Superfriends cartoon from wayyyyy back in ancient history...

Called the 70s. ;)

There were plans to make a Wonder Twins movie.... but that was cancelled when James Gunn because the Lord and Master of the DCU.

There has been a somewhat recent comic also.
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I saw them on Youtube.