The New Daily Rewards is A Rip Off

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cypharr, Dec 6, 2023.

1. Cypharr Committed Player

Skip to 6 minutes into the video.

The Raid Cache which is only collectable by paid members (membership) is useless to end game players and pretty much everyone else, that's 3 slots of our rewards we paid for that's useless the last Raid Cache will eventually become useless before the end of the episode. For example you'll be using .4 gen mods if not already using it now like I'm. The paid style most times I've already collected, the only useful things are the ally favor, fate tokens, destiny tokens and so little source marks.

If not for those not sure it worth buying membership anymore regardless of the other benefits like loyalty point, replay badges and unlimited access.

2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Unlimited access to what?
  3. Cypharr Committed Player

Honestly I don't know since the full f2p update but I believe there some limitations to f2p like mail & trade probably broker etc
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Back in my day there were no daily rewards. Be happy we are getting something
    • Like x 2
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Considering that you can still get bonus Stabilizer from Membership and that if you do the Stabilizer solo everyday, its just a bonus on what we used to get before. Its not as obvious as before but technically the value of the Membership has slightly increased - even if its useless for most endgame players.

I would still prefer going back to Stabilizers in log-in rewards and not get the caches instead, but we simply can't have nice things due to exploits. :)
    • Like x 2
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you were to cut your sub off right now you lose access to:
    Marketplace powers, Shield and Skimming but you can get around this if you already created a character using these or purchased them from the marketplace.
    Monthly Replay Badges and Daybreak Cash/Loyalty Points
    10 character slots, 28 inventory slots, 32 bank slots, 7 shared bank slots and 15 broker slots
    Trade cash but you can still trade items.
    Creating custom channels but you can still use any custom channel you created before.
    Unlimited Chat
    Create a league
    Legendary daily rewards
    Discount on previous 21-day rewards
    Marketplace and Quarks Vendor discount
    Bonus Artifact and Ally XP
    4 Stabilizer Fragments
    • Like x 4
  7. Emoney Dedicated Player

Actually, those new caches are great for leveling alt characters. Unless they changed it last month (I wasn't subscribed) the gear that comes out of it scales based on the episode and not from level 10. So, you can give a high end game piece of gear to a low CR character and boost them significantly, then use Fuginant after that to boost further. I power leveled one of my alts this way, 100s of CR in a couple hours.
  8. Cypharr Committed Player

That's not accurate? what I'm aware of is that besides the grade of the gear giving you a few more item level when opened so if you open a green gear your item level increases by 1 or 2, blue gear 3 or 4, purple gear 5 or 6 item level increase, regardless of the gear. It says item level 10 to 350 for example. It not practical to wait for 3 gear pieces to level up alts you're better of grinding for gear in omnibus or if you're lucky & up to CR requirements USn during an episode spotlight. The trick is to buy the cheap gear from Fuginaut i.e hand, feat, face, back, waist and rings then stop there and farm for gear. It'll give you a significant boost on the pieces that are missing till you get to the next tier then rinse and repeat.
  9. Emoney Dedicated Player

It is accurate from Octobers rewards. I believe it was the loot cache for Sins of Black Adam. The gear did not scale from level 10. The lowest it opened at was the minimum CR of that episode. I gave my 100CR alt a 325CR piece of gear, which raised my alt a lot. Then started buying the Fuginant gear and it went up another tier before I filled out the gear. I went from 100CR to almost 300CR in one day. May want to double check that low end scale...or if it says level 10 now, the devs changed it.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

I hope they haven't cos that's really great I'll double check on Friday if that's the case I'll make a new alt.
  11. Cypharr Committed Player

Bro you are right I checked the SoBA gear has a min item level of 315 but requires level 30 which is expected. This will be huge bonus when level up this alt in January. I'm waiting for the free CR Skip can't be bothered play level up missions. Thank for the info bud.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Say what? I've got several custom channels I've created since being premium. I haven't created one in a few months, but is this a thing now?

The rest, spot on...although I'd still say it nets out to a 'discount' vs 'member rewards' as everything in there could be picked up a-la carte, or has a work around save the 60 second timeout in chat and ability to trade cash....neither of which are imperative to gameplay.

Membership is still a bargain if you feel you would spend the money directly each month. The discount is substantial. However, after a certain point...how much MORE crap do we need?
  13. Plowed In Loyal Player

…Meanwhile…

…trying to have the vault changed so he can run more stuff faster on multiples of toons…so he can have more “crap.”
    • Like x 2
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't know unless it's a typo on the wiki.
    • Like x 1
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually, it is more like the same crap in less time....but that was well played.
    [IMG]

BTW....getting crap for free and for $16 a month IS slightly different.
    • Like x 3
  16. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I usually always end up donating my membership “rewards” to my league for prestige. Very rarely do I get something that I actually want or need. Makes no difference to me though, like I said, my league gets it so it helps with our monthly prestige.

Having said that, yes I would love to have a reward that directly benefits me in regards to End Game progression. It still brings a bitter sweet feeling to me when I see a bump UP in my stats. Very bitter-sweet.