Event Spotlight Vendor Discount

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prindacerk, Feb 19, 2023.

1. Prindacerk Committed Player

Can anyone tell me if the vendor discount applies to both gear and augment/artifact pieces or just the gear only? Since the vendors don't tell you what the discount is and there's no info on the episode spotlight in-game (or even a post this week), I can't tell for sure what gets discounted and what doesn't.

Wish there's some indicator on the discounts so we know it's a sale price and not full price.
    • Like x 1
  2. SuperEpik Well-Known Player

I just checked. Discount is gear only.
    • Like x 1
  3. Limey Committed Player

The indicator is the mark cost of the items. If it's white, it's full price. If it's green, it's discounted.

That being said, 'gear only' is the standard for episode spotlight discounts.
    • Like x 2
  4. Prindacerk Committed Player

But there's no way to compare how much it's discounted. You get vendor discount from having feat as well as these spotlight right? I wanted to know how much they are discounted by. Would be good to have like an indicator of retail price striked out and discounted price displayed in place (like they show in websites etc).
  5. Limey Committed Player

50% is the standard. they don't do vendor discounts at any other percentage. if you already have the competed set feat, the prices would be subject to 2 sequential 50% discounts resulting in a total of 75% discount. but if you already have the style completed to receive that level of bonus, you have no reason to buy the pieces again.

this is pretty common knowledge, once you have enough experience with the game.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Actually, it looks like they do stack. I just went and checked on a toon that does NOT have the feat done for the vendor gear. The price of the regular back piece is 6 marks. The price of the Elite back is 7 marks. I then went on a toon that DOES have the reg vendor style feat done and the back is 3 marks, but as she does not have the Elite set done, the Elite back is also 7 marks same as the other toon There is an extra discount if you have the feat applied already....apparently.

One thing that is different about this time is that the weapons and accessories are also discounted. Probably because this DLC had feats attached to the weapon, rings, necklace. Normally those things are fixed price. This might all kick in at EEG, but I couldn't check that until we have an EG spotlight again.
    • Like x 1
  7. Limey Committed Player

Can you do me a favor and quote where I said they didn't stack?
  8. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, your first line was misleading.
    "50% is the standard. they don't do vendor discounts at any other percentage."

The rest sounded theoretical, but I guess you were saying you DO get 75%, not that you would get 75%, IF they stacked. I'll go for the fact I misinterpreted it, but based off the first line, it sounded like you were saying that doesn't happen, as they only do 50% discounts.
  9. Limey Committed Player

Your perception was wrong in both cases. 75% is the totality of 2x 50% discounts. Have you seen any individual discount other than 50% before? Or specifically a weekly event/featured episode with a discount of any number other than 50%?

It's purely you're interpration, you assumed I was implying something when I was stating a standalone fact.
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Gee....it's almost as though I already said I misinterpreted it....thanks for confirming what I already admitted to. You win. Your opening statement of "50% is the standard. they don't do vendor discounts at any other percentage" wasn't misleading at all, especially when followed by what seemed to be a theoretical sounding statement of "if you already have the competed set feat, the prices would be subject to 2 sequential 50% discounts resulting in a total of 75% discount" as opposed to something more affirmative like "when you have the feat for the completed set you WILL get an additional 50% discount for a total of 75%". You are absolutely correct....we'll only ever get 50% discounts, even when that discount ends up totaling 75% You obviously wrote what you wrote in a 100%, no way anyone could misinterpret....way.

This is obviously my mistake. I apologize for any pain my reply may have caused you or your entire family. Your lollypop is in the mail as some form of recompense.

I do hate to point this out though....but as we are being nit-picky....
    It's "your interpretation" not "you're interpration"
  11. Prindacerk Committed Player

Is this still accurate? Because current episode (Riddled with Crime) Riddler set doesn't seem to discount twice when you have the Elite set. Price of the head piece during Episode Spotlight seems to be 8 SM. But when you have the Riddler Elite gear set feat, it still is priced at 8 SM. So it doesn't seem to discount twice as suggested above.

Vendor price without Elite feat
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

And in comparison, Vendor price with Elite Feat
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

The prices seem to be the same regardless of the feat. So you might as well take advantage of the discount during the Spotlight time without needing to have the Elite set.
  12. Prindacerk Committed Player

Anyone know if this is a bug only in this Episode Spotlight?
  13. beardrive Committed Player

For a gearset to double discount, there has to be a feat attached to it. I'm not sure about the Riddler set, but I believe the Riddler elite set has no feat attached to it and should get no discount. I'm going to double-check and if it's correct I'm not going to edit this post. You have to look at the gear feat itself. If it says there isn't a 50% discount after completing the set for the first time, then there is not.

So you will be getting a 50% off discount at the vendor, without the 50% discount carryover for completing a feat associated with the gear set.
  14. beardrive Committed Player

Riddler on the roof completes the Riddler gear set which is a three-star feat, and completing the feat gives you a 50% gear reduction. I have no idea why that didn't happen. Fit is a fiddle, right as a riddle is the second feat and that is for the elite set, and there is no feet attached to it; however completing it does give you a discount as well.

That being said, all of these old gear sets have been deeply discounted anyway. The pants on a regular day should cost nine source marks, discounted for this week they cost four. I can't imagine you would get a second discount on that, however, making them cost two.

That being said the batmetal set currently in death metal Washington DC, the legs alone, is currently set at 7 sm with the feat attached gear discount. So for the next episode spotlight on this DLC for death metal, does that go down to three? Or will it be four like the Riddler set?

In any case the pricing's off, or a decision was made and communication didn't happen. The latter seems to be the more likely answer in my experience.

A change log can be a very validating experience, showing proof of work completed.
    • Like x 1
  15. Prindacerk Committed Player

I was trying to figure out the discount logic since it's not obvious. Based on posts by Limey and Reinheld, it should be double discounted. This was the first Elite set I completed while Spotlight was active. So I was able to compare for sure and didn't see the discount.

However, when I complete the Riddler set, the price of the Riddler gear is going down another 50% (making total discount 75%). But that defeats the purpose since I already purchased the items I need discount for. That's the confusing part.

I know the price is already low. I don't dispute that. I just wanted clarification on the discount approach so I know how much items have been discounted by to decide if it's worth it or not.
    • Like x 1
  16. Dene Devoted Player

In your situation, It is really only beneficial when it it is the current DLC and you buy the feat on an alt and therefore they get discounted gear.
    • Like x 1
  17. Prindacerk Committed Player

Yes. I was giving a try on the current Episode Spotlight to see if it would work in current DLC as well. Don't want to have to rush maxing out renown if it doesn't give additional discount than what Episode Spotlight gives. I assumed based on the comments before that it would be 75% discount. But now I'm concerned it could be only 50%