The damage on the solo boss is completely absurd!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

With some of the people I get in Abandoned Subway elite, I can certainly see how a Solo can be a problem for them :)
    Or some of the people I get as last spot in CHMe when we only queue as 2 or 3..
  2. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I’m doing something completely wrong as I don’t find this solo to be on par with SoBA solo in terms of difficulty at all, I find it much more difficult. I have not been able to survive Wonder Girl, and just as always, when I’m about to ko her, I get KO’d instead, and I have to start all over again from zero. Frustrating. As I said, I must be doing something wrong. I even have to use my soda & supply drop on Reg version.

I’ll have to try it again tonight now that I’ve leveled up to CR 427.
  3. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

What is your power?? weapon??
  4. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Atomic / Martial Arts
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

That's what I did as mental dps in the old days, mental powers was nerfed twice while other powers damage remains in more damage and the favorites on players top damage obsession.
    I stayed mental dps, wanting to use a power that does more damage and to always want top damage in raids was never something I went for.
    • Like x 1
  6. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

That's weird. Do you have a shield? You might consider using one, if you aren't already. Do you have mods on any of your equipment? Are you playing in DPS stance or Tank?
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Fully modded, DPS, and I use Mass Density for shielding.
    • Like x 1
  8. Korlick Loyal Player

Adding to the other questions made, what level are your Head Aguments from this Episode? Cant remember exactly at what level(think its 16), but one of the bonus is a damage reduction from bosses in the Solo.
    • Like x 1
  9. Korlick Loyal Player

Are you using Robot Sidekick in your loadout? If yes, you could replace it with Hard Light Shield to add more mitigation.

Also...dont stay still in one spot and counter/block break/lunge also helps.
    • Like x 1
  10. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm still using the OP head gear from SoBA. Is there a head aug for the OP piece? I don't remember
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I'm using a trinket and Father Box Tier 2
  12. Proxystar #Perception

Assuming you're still might based and doing Atomic based combos you're going to struggle a little if you remain static in a spot and start doing your combos, you'll likely be hit every mechanic that is going off.

The biggest thing in the Wonder Girl fight that is going to kill you is her pulse beam, it looks a hand blaster attack, you have to stop everything you're doing and lunge it, if you don't, you're going to die very quickly.

You obviously also have to evade the other things going off, so if you're standing there doing atomic combos, possibly even in melee range, then you're going to get hurt a lot, If you are doing melee then I'd suggest playing her more at range, with range based combos and include the shields, if you're really struggling try to perhaps incorporate a second shield if you feel you really need it, by taking Density and Hard Light shield together, another option might be to take a Personal Dampening Field as well to have a third shield or use it as your second.

As long as your shielded as much as it is off cool down you should have little trouble while rotating your supplies, orbital, soda and sidekick, remember the sidekick can be more useful than the henchmen in some content because it shields and heals.

Also if you're having trouble use an ally like Shazam, who comes out, does damage and heals you, and you can time that ally with your own HP being low so that you're basically using your ally like a soda.

In addition to this as is said above, getting your head mods up a bit to get the damage reduction is also helpful, best of luck.
    • Like x 1
  13. Korlick Loyal Player

Not talking about the white head mod you put in gear. I mean the Augments we get with each new Episode (called Cursed Skulls in this Ep.)
  14. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I do get hit lots when trying to do my combos. I've tried lunging her but I fail to knock her down, she is like in-movable. I don't have a hard light shield but I do have Batman & Zantana as allies that I use.

I need to check on the head mod. I don't remember if I have one.
  15. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

OH, yes I have both of the Cursed Skulls, level 21 each.
  16. Korlick Loyal Player

Id recommend that you get Hard Light Shield into your loadout and run both shields. This will help a lot, less damage out but more survival.
    Then when you get more comfortable with the bosses, take it out to do more damage.
    • Like x 3
  17. Proxystar #Perception

What active ally do you use out of curiosity?

Also actually remember, if you have Teekl from the event and Calc Bot, they're good cheap healing passive allies (Teekl you lunge though) that don't cost a lot to build.
  18. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

Batman as passive lvl 8 / Zantana as active lvl 4
  19. Proxystar #Perception

I don't think those two are really giving you much benefit, certainly not at those levels and assuming we're talking standard Batman here, you're getting a marginal damage buff every 60 hit counter

In terms of your active Zatanna is just not that good, in certain settings, especially an elite solo because any benefit from what she does isn't useful and her damage output isn't the best.

I'd be tempted to replace Zatanna with a Krypto (again cheap) and put a second ally, calc bot or teekl in your empty passive slot (also cheap) to help you with healing.

Krypto will do way more damage than Zatanna.

I get you're probably using Zatanna for cosmetic reasons, but perhaps have the Krypto to put it in when you need it and have Zatanna for other more casual content.
  20. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

SUCCESS!

Not only did I complete the solo Elite I got “Block Solid” feat and “Stage you Later” feat!

Thank you all for the advice!

Much appreciated!
    • Like x 10