What artifact for gadget "might" its times if?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Sollace, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Sollace Well-Known Player

Hi, I'm mounting a criminal gadget right now in "might" and I'd like to know that she's an artifact needed for this power right now?
  2. Anak Panah Well-Known Player

For which role, damage or troller?
  3. Sollace Well-Known Player

Hi, I'm mounting a criminal gadget "might" right now and I'd like to know what artifact is needed for this power right now?
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Transformation Card, Strategist Card, Quislet/Solar Amplifier.
  5. Sollace Well-Known Player

ok well i think i'll stop playing then, fed up with mounting 1 billion times the same artifacts already mounted 200 once...
    • Like x 1
  6. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

You can use the artifacts that best fits the story of your criminal gadget character and play for fun. However, if you are building the character for elite, elite +, or just to be competitive on the scoreboard, then the best is the routine: Transformation Card, Strategist Card, Quislet/Solar Amplifier.

Peace and DCUO Forever
  7. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

Srat/Quislet/Ebon
  8. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

If you're going to make a DPS toon - 90% of the time the meta artifacts are going to be the same. That doesn't mean you can't use different ones and make a more niche build, but the Trans/Strat synergy is very strong, so if you want to chase the score, those are hard to beat. You can experiment with different artifacts - especially for the 3rd slot - like Ebon, or Lernaea, but it's obviously risky, because depending on your playstyle and skill you might not be able to make it work for you. If you want easy answers and a cookie-cutter build - you will usually be told to use the same artifacts for DPS, regardless of the powerset, especially those considered meta.

If you want different artifacts - play a different role. Or choose a pet powerset, although even with those, score-wise you might be better off going with a regular Might or Prec build in the long run.

Not that it really matters, because process of leveling is the same whatever artifacts you go with - you put in Nth Metal, catalysts and seals, you stick the artifacts in slots and forget about them - not much excitement there. It's your new powerset's abilities that make the difference. If you want to level different artifacts - consider leveling some swap arts for your main toon, like DKS, Scrap, Philosopher Stone, et cetera.
    • Like x 1
  9. XxOnizukaxX New Player

sincerely I see a lot of players who play ebon transfo stratege since the artifact came out the quislet will be useful to you if you play 24/7 the overload I am a gadjet cac is personal I play no overload
  10. sebfm Well-Known Player

Depending on what you want to do :

-Transfo/Strat/Quislet => The basic recommandation of most players even if it's interesting only on high ranked artifacts for those.

-Lernae/La Mort/Ebon => If you build your loadout around your finisher.

-Source Shard/Quislet/Mercy=> Pet build.

-Source Shard/Grimorium/Mercy => Pet build alternative.

-Source Shard/Quislet/Grimorium => Another alternative pet build

-Omegaheddron/Tetraheddron/Scrap of Soul Cloak => If you choose to use much supercharge and much 300 cost powers.

-Source Shard/Grimorium/Clarion => Armored pet build.

Basically, we can all provide you some ideas, but only you can decide what your character will look like and what you'll do with it. There is no perfect OP build, just builds that suit players.

Here are my real advices :

- Keep in mind that Gadget is a mid-distance power set which means it'll do much more damage in nearly close combat (this is why managing its main advantage which is the stealth is crutial to do harder contents).

- No matter what, choose artifacts/allies/loadout that work all together. Read their descriptions to get more about them.

-If you have a PC around, you can test them out on the test server when it's online for testing incoming content. It'll allow you to dig further more without resetting your artifacts multiple times.

- Don't forget that a good DPS is alive. Otherwise it doesn't make any damage.

- As a MMORPG, DCUO provides you many things to build your toon the way you want but it can become tricky sometime when you are a new comer because of the need to read more infos before launching yourself in another player build.

-I would recommand to first ask yourself what you want your character to do before choosing artifacts/allies. In order to do so, you can read artifacts and allies descriptions. Don't forget your amount of SP will allow you to add other combinations to your build (for example, a might DPS will gain damage by regularly doing weapon mastery combos in gaining crit, once might fully leveled, if you level up prec, you'll get a little more damage from those attacks. or another example, if you see you are struggling in keeping your character alive, giving it some SP in health may help you to survive non-one-shot attacks.).

-If you want to be TOP DPS in a raid, keep in mind you'll have to master your power, level up your character, level up its artifacts, allies, augments, CR and SP. It's no matter of having the best build in the world, It's about spending time in leveling your character and mastering it, as most MMORPG. Also keep in mind it doesn't matter you have the top damage if you don't do the mechanics or if you don't have fun. Most of all, DCUO is a game and a game where you get the most of your character by having pleasure to play it and to master new skills. You even will encounter a moment where, when you'll have your art and allies fully leveled, you'll try to switch an artifact depending on the situation.

-Last advice, artifacts have usually a word about what role they are meant to be used by (DPS/Heal/Tank/Controller/All). Basically, if you are a DPS, you should mainly chose your artifacts between those specific to DPS and those meant to be used by all roles.

We all have our own idea of what artifact one should use, and we all are both right and wrong because when you build your toon, the viable answer is only the one that suits you.
    • Like x 1