Up-Votes Needed EU PS/PC Server Maintenance Page still here

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by sebfm, Dec 4, 2023.

1. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hello,

Can't connect to EU PC/PS Server after daily maintenance.
    • Like x 4
  2. sebfm Well-Known Player

• Like x 3
  3. beardrive Committed Player

I'm now attempting to log in 5 and 1/2 hours later and I'm still not able to. I've also checked the staff post tracker page, and there's no information on there either. 5 and 1/2 hours is a very long time to be in the dark. I'm glad I was watching that Amazon 007 $1 million prize show on Amazon starring Brian Cox as the cool villain. Lol :)
    • Like x 1
  4. sebfm Well-Known Player

Hey,
    I too am glad I have stuff to do other than playing DCUO, tho a little more communication on DCUO Staff side would be appreciated. As far as I'm concerned, When dealing with customers communication is key to keep customers waiting.

• Like x 1
  5. beardrive Committed Player

I agree! A half an hour to an hour and things go back up that's one thing. This seems far more involved going on 7 hours now with nothing at all. I'm sure we will get a very interesting story in the end!

I was making a joke about all that TV stuff by the way, because people who know me, they know I'm generally on directly after reset If only on the broker for a few moments. :) so the fact that I was on 5 hours later would be perceived a little bit odd by people that know me.

Anyway, I certainly hope it's up and running by the time I get up!
    • Like x 1
  6. SUPERMANPRiM3 Well-Known Player

almost 5 hours and not a single communication on whats going on. 4.42 am in PT so this means for the next 5 hours there will be nothing done.
  7. sebfm Well-Known Player

My post may be a little provocative, but is there any DCUO Community Management team or Customer Support staff working around right now? I'm surprised there is no info at all even on X(Twitter) I didn't get any answer :
    https://x.com/sebfm_lapin/status/1731639227962528199?s=20

When servers are down for so much time during a day, it would be nice to have, at the very least, communication around what's happening.

We, players, can understand when a problem happens. We can also wait and be supportive. But, as in any relationship, when you have no communication, it's hard to comprehend anything.

Those downtimes seems more frequent recently. I hope we won't have to get used to it and they are exceptional issues. Tho, as I managed Customer Service and communications on a company, I'm quite surprised by current DCUO communication state. If I would have not communicate that way, I would have had some fingers broken by my boss, and that would have been legit ;)
    Jokes aside, DCUO Team, you know we support you, otherwise we wouldn't play and spend money on your game, so please, just make a sign, even a little one.
    • Like x 2
  8. Time Stone Active Player

Same here, can't login. Maintance screen after character selection.
  9. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

There's several potential reasons.

The new hardware EU servers got recently updated with may have been 'optimized' for pricing and as such, cause the trouble we're experiencing since then (lag directly after the upgrade, whole server phases crashing/disconnecting etc.) or the hardware 'featured' some faulty components. The maintenance script could have bugged out.

One of the hamsters died. Two of the hamsters managed to escape and are currently wrecking havoc on the 'emergency crew' or whoever has to watch over functionality at non-standard worktimes.

EU passed some anti-gambling laws no one noticed and forced Daybreak to immediatly cease operations in Europe or at least, the EU parts of it.

We don't know. Why? Because like in a lot of similar cases, it's just the EU servers and as such, communication is secondary. Has been that way repeatedly in the past, hasn't changed and actually, why should they? The money is mainly made with the US market....
    • Like x 2
  10. Time Stone Active Player

• Like x 2
  11. Akuma X New Player

Well then as a legendary accounts we should have consider this low attention to EU server. I am cancelling my 3 months long legendary and will go for a monthly basis. I am not sure how long this will take as there is no certain info and it is not the first time. They should have give back the daily rate of our legendary fees, not 7 tarots and some styles. Devs should have maintain the trust and open communication with their community. It is their problem if they have a server issue, not ours. We pay to play properly and these people are paid to make it happen. It is same as our jobs in our life. Simple.

I am not just blaming DEVs, but senior management. Since the upgrade on EU server, almost all the players experienced Lags, latency etc. When we issue the support tickets they have just sent the generic answers about latency and said they dont have any issue with their servers. Cmon guys you can do much better than this.
    • Like x 4
  12. Akuma X New Player

EU / PC server back online after 16 hours of unexpected issues :D nothing has been announced. Thank you DCUO.
  13. sebfm Well-Known Player

I'm playing this game for 3years now. I have a monthly subsciption and spend money monthly to support the game. I too await for, at the very least, a word from DCUO team and for fair gesture, a compensation. We got too much bugs, downtimes and other annoyances regularly those last months for us not to expect something to happen on DCUO side. As for now, I'm on the expectation of what will be provided as an explaination to all those annoyances.

• Like x 1
  14. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

Have to admit! This has been banging on for a while on the EU servers. Almost feels like a second class hero type thing. MOTD no longer seems to be used in the game apart from shutdown times (what’s the point of it now?) but in general… communication is sorely lacking! And the server (EU) absolutely without doubt; is horrible for some time now. Lag is rampant (even without full phases etc) and it’s throughout the game (not just EG) it’s not me! I’m always steady at 504down/56up/23ping. No other game I play causes me issues. Cheaper servers for the EU? If we are treated differently, it should refelect in sub prices, if there’s known issues with latency. But without a doubt! Customers (and that’s what we are) need to be apprised of what’s happening.
    Some people schedule days/hours for playtime, some only have a certain length of time to play. It’s not hard to pop on and say something. ‘Guys, something has happened and we’re gonna be offline for several hours! Can’t give an estimate, as we’re unsure still. Something along those lines. Then customers wouldn’t get so pissy.
    • Like x 2