Suggestions on Item Drops

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cypharr, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Cypharr Committed Player

Henchmen: Aspect is a typical example, this item drops only in elite plus like some other items drops. I don't have to much problem with it cos I'll get it somehow, I got a ton of cash for it don't ask me how. For this item to drop only in elite plus is unfair on 70% of the player base cos about that amount of player never touch elite plus it's just out of reach. To solve this issue how about make all item drops available in all specific instances items drop no matter the difficulty but adjust the drop rate. So for example all drop items (e.g Source Shard Supply Drop) will drop in event, normal, elite & elite plus but at different rates in the specific instance it drops.

Non Tier items
    • All item drops in Event has a 1% drop rate chance
    • All item drops in Normal has a 5% drop rate chance
    • All item drops in Elite has a 10% drop rate chance
    • All item drops in Elite plus has a 20% drop rate chance
    As for the tiered item drop the same principle applies. Tier 1, Tier 2 & Tier 3 item drop will drop in all difficulty of the specific instance at this rates.
    Tier 3 item drops
    • All tier 3 item drops in Event has a 1% drop rate chance
    • All tier 3 item drops in Normal has a 5% drop rate chance
    • All tier 3 item drops in Elite has a 10% drop rate chance
    • All tier 3 item drops in Elite plus has a 20% drop rate chance
    Tier 2 item drops
    • All tier 2 item drops in Event has a 2% drop rate chance
    • All tier 2 item drops in Normal has a 6% drop rate chance
    • All tier 2 item drops in Elite has a 11% drop rate chance
    • All tier 2 item drops in Elite plus has a 21% drop rate chance
    Tier 1 item drops
    • All tier 1 item drops in Event has a 3% drop rate chance
    • All tier 1 item drops in Normal has a 7% drop rate chance
    • All tier 1 item drops in Elite has a 12% drop rate chance
    • All tier 1 item drops in Elite plus has a 22% drop rate chance
    The current system forces players to buy cash from third party websites to buy this items form the workers that run elite plus for them. I know you don't like us buying cash from third party website. If you want to reduce this then this is a viable option cos let's face it buying cash from third party site is inevitable in MMORPGs but we can sure reduce it.
    Also while on the topic of cash if there a particular reason cash drops in this game is ridiculously low. No one ever said in the history of DCUO "I'm farm cash". Which is not the case in 100% of other MMORPGs. Other MMORPGs cash drops are highly decent allowing for people to farm cash. It's an MMORPG grinding is part of the contract. Increase cash drops per instance to at least 50+k so we can say "need ppl for USn cash farm" (LMFAO)

[IMG]
  2. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

There's a reason an MMORPG needs extremely rare and hard to get rewards - they motivate people to keep grinding the most difficult content and stimulate in-game economy. You don't need to understand it, just accept that people with knowledge and experience in game design do. There's nothing "unfair" about certain items only dropping in E+ - it doesn't say anywhere, that everyone must have that particular trinket, as there are dozens of henchmen trinkets much more easily obtainable, many of which are most likely way better in terms of actual combat performance. Nobody needs all feats in the game - if you want to have them, you're going to have to "git gud" and play all the content - a lot. Or find other ways to get certain items, mostly through trading.

Nice of you to provide detailed item drop rates. Lol. I'm sure the devs would have never worked out that T1 pet should have 2% higher chance of dropping than a T3 version, which is way more powerful and desirable to players - mainly because it doesn't make any sense to anyone with even just a basic understanding of maths, or the game's meta. What you're proposing would simply destroy the in-game economy and player engagement, because most players would get all the rarest drops very quickly and would have no reason to play, or trade.

Increasing the amount of money in-game would break the economy even further. On US server especially, there's already too much cash in circulation. Prices for a lot of desirable items are way above broker, or trade caps, which means they need to be paid for in installments in direct P2P trades and that creates opportunities for scams. If anything - we should be getting less cash, especially now, that repair has been removed. People do farm money - by running instances, that offer a chance of rare drops, that can be sold to other players, which brings in money without increasing inflation. Of course - if everyone could get those items from much easier instances, then that kind of farming would become largely unnecessary.

Who knows, if you keep throwing out several "ideas" a day, at some point - in the distant future - you might come up with one that will make enough sense for a developer to actually bother to even respond and tell you "no"... Good luck with that, but I think your time would be better spent learning how to be a good player - because that's something you may actually be able to achieve one day - instead of (or at least before) trying to influence the game's design. ;)
    • Like x 5
  3. Cypharr Committed Player

You don't understand anything about MMOs all I read was useless ranting, wail till the end of universe maybe Darkseid will finally out you out of the misery that is currently your reality. I'm better than you in every aspect of this game. It's you that needs get gud.

[IMG]
  4. Cypharr Committed Player

The partisan nonsense that comes out of peoples mouth that normal should exit from the rear is unbelievable. Of course T1 should be easier to get because it's useless & undesirable. T3 will be harder hard to get by default.

[IMG]
  5. Popeyes Active Player

Ya, I hope this entire thread gets ignored tbh.
    • Like x 2
  6. Cypharr Committed Player

I really hope so too.

This is what all you haters hiding behind top leagues should have done from inception instead of getting a rise out of me. Finally, please ignore my posts if you have nothing positive to say. As much as I love your negative responses to give my threads traction so the devs especially Mepps can take notice my threads are precisely for Mepps to consider. Messaging him directly will be amateurish.
  7. Cypharr Committed Player

It's clear how the saibots of these top leagues are the one that take offence and have condescending responses to my threads, it's a suggestion box not a condescending box. I've considered joining a top league just to play with people on my skills level but the league I really wanted to join (LastSmile) because I realized they were less daunting than other top leagues and there schedule runs having run with them in several occasions. Then I had an epiphany, for someone (Cypharr) to have come back to DCUO last year Julyish 2022 after a long break since 2014 with 124 SP to now have over 700 SP I'm doing pretty good without always playing with people on my skill level or higher (as the case may be for most of yous). I'm comfortable with that for now running my own league how I see fit. In the future I'll consider joining LastSmile again when the time is right and they are recruiting cos they weren't recruiting when i tired to join. I don't think what you all are thinking now is the case which they don't want me because the forum is proof no one is afraid to hurt my feelings so if they didn't want me they would have said so, they weren't just recruiting.

Look at SritchCode a good player respond to my posts with constructive criticism very well written responses not condescending. Cos he knows his worth unlike the saibots that just want to act like they know everything.

I was in Dragon Corps at some point since my return but I got kicked because I wouldn't help there saibots with feat runs. Glad I got kicked it's a silly league btw, no one or league helped me amass 703 minus 124 SP, 579 SP in a year. I'm chilling now.
  8. Soul Dedicated Player

LS and "top league" in the same sentence? wat?

Strichy and "good player" in the same sentence? wat?

Ehhhhh
    • Like x 1
  9. HowlingSpecter Level 30

Almost everything in this game is already easy, yet you're on here complaining.
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

This are the kind of responses I'm talking about, partisan. So quick to disagree even after knowing the facts. If I don't jump out of a plane I bet you will just so you can disagree with me lol. This is how that conversation will go.

Nobody: Why don't you like him?
    You: I just don't like him
    Nobody: But why? What's the reason?
    You: I just don't like him

Anyways for your viewing pleasure

[IMG]
  11. Soul Dedicated Player

[IMG]

Anyways,
    Strichy look at our average SP, I wonder why It's so low :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  12. Grip Committed Player

Cypharr, I won't disagree you have haters, man, but you gotta be open to the idea that sometimes people are just playing around. Not everything needs to be serious, right? As far as your topic, good job saying what you wanted to say, and I guess we'll see :)