How to make monthly rewards better in 2024

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DuffleBagBoii, Nov 30, 2023.

1. DuffleBagBoii Well-Known Player

Hopefully theyre taking feedback on this matter
    • Like x 3
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Making it better should not be very difficult.

Having more desirable rewards for the 21 day rewards would be a good start??

Now... I am very happy to get an alternate head piece for my Doomsday character...

but based on the comments I got.... i am the only one happy about it.

The consensus seems that people are not to happy about it....
    and the Riddler style too.... getting it at the same time as a discount on the Riddler style on the vendor?? poor timing it seems??

What would be more desirable styles???
    Superman styles are always highly requested.
    Icon
    Flash
    Green Lantern.... Blue Lantern.... Black Lantern..... etc??
    Deathstroke classic mask

Heck.... we have a whole section of people asking for styles.... accessory.... etc.

It can't be that hard to look in that section on the Forums and select the more popular choices??
  3. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Maybe not give us styles we can easily get ingame by other means would help and and instead give us something we don't have.That would make me want to login more often for sure.
    • Like x 3
  4. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

The 21st day reward is subjective of course, there will always be someone it appeals to especially if it's based off an iconic.

The styles should be something more exclusive or difficult to obtain. Something not in a vendor, a costly style (over 400 source marks at least), or a rare drop subject to RNG like the old elite styles that weren't tied to earning renown. The past two months were good, since Enhanced Godling Wonderpunk is exclusive, while Adaptive Android can only be obtained with 800 source marks or playing a lot of PVP.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't think there is a lot of need for improvement.
    Its cleary targeted towards new players and those that usually dont engage a lot in the monetized aspects of the game.

I'm okay with that because i already pay or paid enough for other items in the game.
    Taking off the stabilizer from the loot table of the log-in reward menu hurt making it look more desirable but it's fine because it's still there, just a bit more effort involved now.

It would've been better if we would get replay badges instead of the raid reward caches, but i doubt that's ever going to happen.

All in all it's still a great deal for the majority of the playerbase and better the earlier you are on your journey.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... it can be subjective...

But......

The Dr Fate helmet
    The Batman mask
    These were highly requested.

For the Peacemaker helmet....
    Did anyone ever ask for this??
    I am sure there has to be at least 1 Peacemaker fan who was happy to get this.
    But I am also sure that we got this not because people asked for it.....
    but because of the TV show.

Peacemaker is a pretty obscure DC character despite the TV show and the SS movie.
    The one time he had his own series was a 4 issue mini series wayyyyy back when.
    Often when mini series are popular... they lead to an ongoing series....
    Examples of that
    Hawk and Dove
    Green Arrow the Longbow Hunter
    Birds of Prey
    Robin
    .... and more!! ;)

But... not Peacemaker.
    Although he was a guest star on the Checkmate comic.... SS comic.... and more.
    I love Peacemaker.... but sadly he is a pretty obscure character for most people.

Getting styles for obscure characters once in a while is fine....
    But it should be a once in a while thing.
    We should get more mainstream popular styles most of the time.

But.....
    In the case of the Shroom Hat....
    The Kite Man doll...
    the consensus was pretty clear..... these were pretty clear example of "What were they thinking?".

There seems to be a pretty BiG gap between what the player base wants..... and what the Devs think is a cool idea.

Although to be fair.... some of that may be DC Comics' fault???.... since DCUO needs their approval??

And sadly.... when we see DC Comics try to turn their Superman comics inro a Slice of Life Romance comic???
    Can't really be surprised with their disconnect I guess. :(

Oh well.... :(
    • Like x 1
  7. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

This is a good idea. Would you think they should limit the unique styles to subscribing members to encourage subscriptions or make it generally available to everyone?
    • Like x 4
  8. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I think the styles issues that popped up are a bit of a tricky line to walk. I agree with Strichcode that they do seem to be more aimed at new players but would also include new characters in that as well. I recently made a new character and haven't gotten him far into progression yet, and while I'm not using a CR skip on him (so far, we'll see what happens lol) I'm definitely not hitting every single vendor to get every single gear set along the way. So he's getting a lot of the daily reward gear to collect some styles and lessen the amount of Replay Badges I might have to use.

I also think adding some of the rarer styles might be a sticking point of sorts. Enhanced versions of gear like Herald of the Black or Nuclear might be options, but then that reduces the incentive for players to run the content that rewards those styles and they DO want us to play the content as much as possible. Even with it only being available for a month, that might still be enough of an issue with the devs to avoid using those styles.

Personally I think they've done a decent job with the gear styles, and it's more of an "off timing" issue with the Riddler gear being announced just as the episode spotlight was revealed. There's probably room for improvement, but it may just be a matter of what kind of wiggle room the devs have made/left for themselves in gear to use.
    • Like x 2
  9. Grip Committed Player

Good discussion! It's been mentioned by others in the past, and I feel a community vote of some sort is a good idea for the 21st day reward. Granted, it would take some setting up/platform decisions, but if I was on staff, I'd love to pass on that particular hot potato. On the other side of things, getting a monthly style and gear set of any kind in exchange for 21 logins + membership is solid, especially when the destiny tokens alone would probably be fair. But...
    ...Greed is good
    - Gordon Gecko
    • Like x 1
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Limit to subscribers I think would be the best for the buisness level.
    • Like x 3
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

What if to prevent the sticking point you mentioned, instead of a rarer style, it could be something totally new & unique only available to members who log in every 21 days? Although I guess that would make it a rare style by its very nature. No way around that I guess.
    • Like x 1
  12. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It might be a way to go, but it could also mean more work on the devs having to make new style sets every month. The full gear/style sets we get tend to come in every few months or so via TCs and content releases, and that's usually two to three styles total (more depending on whether you count the enhanced versions I guess). With that kind of release schedule, I don't know if they'd have the time to get a new gear set designed, approved, made and released on a monthly basis.
    • Like x 1
  13. Dene Devoted Player

BINGO!

You hit on the issue without knowing it.. as soon as *anything* is member only, the crying starts. They can't win!

I'd love member only exclusive stuff but these forums go crazy if they do that, while at the same time the same people want things to drive up membership.. lol
    • Like x 4
  14. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'm of the opinion that the member styles should be exclusive member styles. & by exclusive, I don't mean an "enhanced" version of any style already in-game, by exclusive I mean it should be a unique style only available to paying members. you don't get them if you're not a member. end of. & if the forums do go wild, sod them. I don't care. you want that style? you shoulda ponied up. you didn't pony up? then, you don't get that style. end of. tough. now, obviously, I'm not expecting the devs to magic up a brand new style every single month, but I don't think one unique members only style every two months is at all unreasonable. maybe alternate them with old hard to get styles ( like the afore-mentioned Adaptive Android )? for clarity's sake, in all honesty, I'm fairly happy with the monthly rewards as is, but if I were to change anything that would be it.
    • Like x 3
  15. Eve YouTuber

I agree with this. And honestly the 21st reward is subjective. If they put the Donna Troy hair style there, I would personally be happy (and likely Iconic players too lol) but another person will feel It's not worth their membership & money. It's subjective and matter of taste. I personally think I will put the this one reward on my male character and will not touch it, but I am sure some players will like it for their styles. I don't see a reason to be a debbie downer because I didn't get what I want. The member rewards are not even exclusively member rewards because everyone can get them later down the road.
    • Like x 3
  16. Knight Racer Well-Known Player

There are still half the month of empty days. How about giving people a chance at previous months that members may have missed out on styles for instance the enhanced future warden which hasn't been released since January 2022.
  17. inferno Loyal Player

Legendary subscribers who still pay the monthly should not have to log in everyday to get their rewards. All of that stuff should just be automatically rewarded on the 21st day; same thing with stabilizers. The only useful function of the daily rewards calendar to me is to show how little I log into the game; Ironic.

Daily rewards should include a cache of not only source marks but current DLC marks. It's not going to kill gameplay to get 30 current DLC marks.

Maybe renown similar to what we get during anniversary should be included as well. This should help newer players get those elite styles from earlier episodes that don't get queued up anymore.

Make rewards actually be RELEVANT to the player. Although, I will be the first to admit what "relevant" could encompass. For a player that has been playing for a long time and that has everything the game offers, "relevant" items would mean different to a new player who can still use some of the styles.

I think this will be my last year of subscription. I only came back because I missed access to my alts but the daily reward showed me that I only logged in a total of 5 days in the last month.
    • Like x 1
  18. Sollace Well-Known Player

to have styles that make you want more, we save the recycling of style.
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Stabilizers for members didn't hurt... the members, anyways.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I was going to say this. With this month's nuclear set, I'm finding it hard to find 1 toon that needs 1 piece to make use of the style piece.

Nothing that drops in the omni queue rewards should drop in the daily reward styles. How about any of the 'Runes' sets, or any number of the 'enhanced' sets like Conqueror, energy armor, Herald of the Black or anything NOT tied to Elite renown.

Add to that, put the stabilizers back in the daily rewards. The stabilizer run, while better as a solo, is still tedious...even at 90 seconds. I'm sure that's the goal, to have people collect less stabilizers by running less often, but they could put them back in the dailies and remove them from the Dr Fate and any other vendors where maybe they found they were losing to many sales.
    • Like x 2