The damage on the solo boss is completely absurd!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sollace, Nov 25, 2023.

1. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

If you run the solo in 3:40 with an atomic might then I accept the fact that there's no broken power/prec/artswap in this game.
    The point is, what and how much advantage they give you in damage role unfairly.
  2. Proxystar #Perception

That depends, does that indicate the other aspects are broken or that Atomic is under performing, why jump to the immediate conclusion that broken aspect doesn't go in the opposite fashion to which you assume?

Why is the immediate conclusion that we drag everything down to the poor performance level of atomic, assuming its bad for the sake of entertaining this thought process.
  3. lamourboy001 Well-Known Player

I just said a well known weak might powers which proves itself the unbalance between powersets that has been an issue for a while. But if you want, pick any powers but stay at might. If you chose muni, not even that can come close to a gadgets or rage prec with proper artswapping. Can we agrre on this?
    • Like x 1
  4. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Doesn't hurt to put Absorption adapter mod and personal dampening field and breakout regeneration mod and block counter them. Melee Tap Holds to constantly stun them.
    I beat the solo elite with my Tank gear and 100sp in all spent in dominance and augments in dominance, nothing in any damage spec at all and I did just fine.
    Absorption Adapter, Breakout Regeneration, Personal Dampening Field, and Tap Hold Melee attacks to constantly stun them and block counter their melee attacks.
    Sidekick gives you a shield.
  5. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

He's making fun of the players that does all that. I usually say the same thing on how players will do anything to win in PvP.
    He's making fun of players that does any of that, no need to take him serious.
    • Like x 1
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I agree, but, with some caveats. Unless you're living in a hole, everyone knows there's "top powers", there is however a high degree of player created error when it comes to a lack of performance.

There are people that use atrocious load outs, rotations and other highly inefficient artifact and ally combinations when it comes to some of the more commonly perceived under performing powers which results in a misplaced perception that the power is at fault rather than the player.

I say this because I would have to probably test it out a bit more to come to a more robust conclusion because although I don't play every power to its maximum performance, I have seen some very very good might players of almost every power in the game that make me question the extent to which many players will knee jerk in to a position of asserting that their power us sub optimal.

I do openly admit however that there are a number of attributes within some powers that can at times make the wrong item look like it more widely over-performs when in fact it doesn't, which leads to example this entirely wrong, but widespread fallacy within the community that precision is "broken" when in fact it isn't, it's just gadgets and rage that are broken.

For example Flurry and Shuriken in the hands of a Sorcery player or an Atomic player is vastly different from a gadgets player, which shows you that the issue isn't the weapon its something withing the gadgets power itself causing a very significant disparity in performance. I would assert that you'd notice this quite easily if you were to compete against an atomic precision player versus a gadgets one when reviewing the results on the scoreboard of an instance.

If they changed Suppressor turret for example so that it functioned like the other pets - making it no longer be jump cancelled and fixed a few of the other broken aspects of gadgets stealth ability then you'd see gadgets toned back significantly. The same would apply for rage if you did a supercharge balance and fixed a few things like berserk.

The two weapons you've asserted are broken have gone through numerous changes now, I used to hate them just like you do, but they're far more balanced now than they've ever been and might players are almost habitually beating precision players now, there's much more going to might presently than precision, the only primary benefit precision has now is its superior maneuverability, but outside of the few powers we're discussing here precision is not broken when compared to might - there's just a lot of ignorant bad might players around. ;)
    • Like x 2
  7. Ingrando Well-Known Player

I only had trouble with Zattana and her move that puts a smoke right under you taking a huge chunk of health. I just saved my orbital for when they spawn to burn them asap
  8. Jcal Dedicated Player

The absurd thing about the Elite solo is that the bosses have ~17M health.

This is a 2-4 minute solo, with zero actual mechanics, that was padded up in the most obnoxious way.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dev72 Dedicated Player

I usually front load everything at Zatana with henchmen, pets, tricket, sidekick, orbital, and super...(Larnae's Amulet also works wonders on both bosses), but nevertheless, I am able to burn through Zatana either before she can release the turrets, or she is down to her last bit of health before she releases the turrets making them a non-issue. I realize that not everyone can use this strategy, so with that said, focusing on the turrets is definitely a must considering how hard they hit when she deploys them.
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

My advice, go in there with a shield, that helps mitigate damage. For WonderGirl, keep your distance, and lunge at he with she blast at you to knock her down. And roll back away, so you don't get hit by those electrical balls. Wonder Woman was a crap shoot, But keep your distance for the first part of the fight to avoid her disco ball attack (what I call it). Once you get her health down and she no longer does that, fight her up close. Block on skulls. it stuns her. Wait and use orbital strike when she releases those things, forgot what they call, they hit like mac trucks, and focus on those things and take them down as fast possible. The side kicks are pretty good at juggling the bosses. If need to I switch from orbital to supply drop during the fight, I will.
    • Like x 2
  11. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree with you in that atomic is a weaker power that under performs compared to all others, especially for dps role. Sadly I have not read anything from the Official channels that atomic is going to be looked at in order to bring it up to par with the top performing powers. I still play atomic because I like it even if it is weaker than the others.
    • Like x 1
  12. Sphealberg New Player

Yup, skill issue, everyone gave strats to beat it easily + muliverse's videos
  13. inferno Loyal Player

this one is not too bad but also not that hard. The solo with the dark knight flash in the subway and mirror master was more challenging than this when it first came out and that was before elite.
    when solo elite was being discussed, I thought that would be the basis and then it would just get harder.
    • Like x 1
  14. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

I think earlier with the first update - that either her health was buffed or higher defense?
    anyway - if you have the boos you might want to use them (all 4)
    once they are on cool down use your SC or a shield if your really need it (this depends on how long the SC lasts)
    then back to boos
    cheesy? maybe - but it's so much easier
    .... I kinda think the devs also gave us the latest ally Zatanna for anyone that uses a pet
    and a way to buff the pet (when you're not sorcery, earth or using the mercy art)
    and I say kinda - only cuz - I haven't tried Zatanna ally - maybe one day....
    you can beat it at 402, but its a bit easier w/powers that can self heal (12-13 min)
    if you can't self heal, shields, blocking along w/ranging and avoiding balls etc really work for the remaining non-self healing powers
    it just takes longer somewhere under 15min
    - I've thought about just making an armory build just for elite solos on my alts - and including the consumable shield - as it's about the only time I may need it - and take up one of the boos place (take out one of the boos that doesn't shield - I think 2 of the boos provide a shield) - but it's just a thought if I did it for one alt - I might want to do it for a few others (its hard to spend an equal amount of time on all alts - thus the need to make it a bit easier w/certain powers)
  15. ArtemisWonderWoman7 Well-Known Player

This is the first solo boss that has wiped me on more then one time and just last Monday 8 died on her 430 200 arts and 700 sp how ever it was because I was distracted and just started the fight with no supply drop or other stuff like orbital or backup. All was on cooldown and I died because she has 25 million hp.i even had a armory just for that fight but didn't remember to use it. My point is you can't treat that fight like regular. You need to be prepared with all the defense options at you disposal like shields and supply drops or even brick like I did before I was 430.
  16. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Rage berserk is the only power that can do that damage in the video. It's not broken, it just doubles all your damage in melee range and has always been that way. The player is stacking all the other stuff on top of that, flute, dead king, etc. so all that gets doubled too. Like lots of others have said in the thread you can beat the elite solo with any power no deaths it might just take longer than 3:40. Most people now probably run it under 6-7 minutes which is fine for an elite solo. The elite raid is 15 minutes with no wipes, and the elite alert used to be 10 minutes before the hot fix. Now it's longer than the raid, but I'm not sure if that's a bug or intended.
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Atomic is one of the easiest powers to do the elite solo. After the update to the alert it’s one of the best powers for it too.
    • Like x 1
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I think the only thing that makes this solo 'hard' is the fact it's arguably 10x harder than the overly easy SOBA elite solo. Still very beatable with a shield and some extra defensive measures. A well placed orbital + ST ally when wondergirl says 'move move move' negates the arial blaster issue as Zee will be dead before they get their shot off. The rest is just staying mobile. I wouldn't say I've gotten it done in <7 min, but it's been a long time since I've been bodied in there even on my weakest toons.

And no...I'm not doing any of that cheezy stuff either.
    • Like x 1
  19. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I've run my main through the new solo a couple of times on Elite, and it didn't really feel that much harder than SoBA, but that was before the alert bosses were buffed, so maybe the solo bosses were buffed, too?.
  20. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

It's the same. I run the elite solo daily on all 3 of my people, and it's pretty much around 7 minutes on all of them. I do have the boo belt on my rage alt, so I can do under 6 minutes if I have enough berserks saved up to use with boos, ally, henchmen and orbital.
    • Like x 1