Episode Spotlight: Riddled with Crime!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 29, 2023.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

I tend to assume they look at the stats for where the biggest bunch of fairly-fresh-off-the-ship newbies are currently lumped/stuck, and decide which old Episode to highlight on that basis.

But I'm just purely guessing. Maybe it's just someone's favorite. I doubt they just throw a dart at the board, though.
    • Like x 1
  2. Essential Exobyte Dedicated Player

What about the current episode?????? Me needs me marks.
  3. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

That's very unlikely. First of all - because of scaling Omnibus gear dropping from pretty much every boss throughout the game nobody is "stuck" anywhere. You can just play a T1 solo over and over until you reach Endgame CR, if you want.

Secondly - the same episode is not spotlighted more frequently than once every few months - usually more - and the episode spotlights don't follow a logical CR progression, which is what you'd expect if "lumps" of newbies were moving through the tiers. In October for example we had episodes 35-36, 28, 30, 27 in that order, so what happened to those players who progressed through Metal I & II? Shouldn't they be "stuck" on BOP, or WV?

Moreover, up until a few months ago only episodes from 34 upwards were ever spotlighted (and the same episodes would repeat much more often) - even now the oldest episode spotlight we've had has been 27 and it's hard to believe that no groups of new players have ever had problems with completing any content older than that, considering that many of the T2-T3 raids are among the ones least frequently played.

Of course not - if they did that, we'd sometimes get the same episode back-to-back just by random chance. Most likely - they check which episode spotlight we haven't had in a while, or at all and they do that one. And they started adding older episodes into rotation in the past 6 months in order to stop complaints about the same few latest ones repeating every 2-3 months and to fill the spaces where we used to get more desirable bonuses, like double art XP, ally favor drops, Source Marks, latest episode marks, et cetera, which used to happen much more frequently until recently.
    • Like x 1
  4. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

A few months ago some people asked for more variety in episode spotlights. Here we are.
    • Like x 6
  5. Cypharr Committed Player

maybe the week(s) after next
  6. Cypharr Committed Player

Christmas seasonal will begin second week of December
  7. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

The Badguy thought about that. Are we in a recent episode or are we in a current event?
  8. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

It's filler to give them time to mine more coal for our stockings.
    • Like x 1
  9. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

I'm looking forward to getting all the base items :D Those platforms are super useful :D
    • Like x 1
  10. KiraDanvers Well-Known Player

Well, I think it's safe to say that you guys are well and truly scraping the bottom of the barrel when it comes to bonus weeks now. This is just tragic.
  11. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Episode...

Events don't last 6 months before the next one comes out.

:oops:
  12. The Fairy Well-Known Player

13. Cypharr Committed Player

Thank to this spotlight I'm 2 sp richer. Came in handy thanks devs
  14. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Will players like it better if devs do episodes theme spotlight?
    It is kinda boring to do same raid for double marks.

Maybe a Amazon Fury Spotlight parts 1,2 and 3
    And Halls of Power 1, 2 and 3.
    Brainiac Episodes Spotlight all content as brainiac related.
    Content Superman related and so on.
    so it's more than 1 episode.
    • Like x 1
  15. Irvynnge Loyal Player

that's pretty much Save The Universe, though, isn't it?

I mean, I'd be totally cool with what you're suggesting, weekly themed bonus' would be a nice addition, totally, but! ( there's always a but ) that's pretty much Save The Universe, isn't it?
    • Like x 1
  16. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Save the universe, yeah but when? I'f not more often... Then more so I forgot about save the universe.
    Yeah save the universe if devs do that more often.
    • Like x 1
  17. Irvynnge Loyal Player

I'd be cool with that. so, yeah. thumbs up.
  18. C Falcon Active Player

I wonder if it's feasible to implement something like a bounty system where we are individually assigned random world content to run each week. That is if the devs intend older content to be experienced and to help new and returning players run content in areas that are desolate. Keeping and expanding on the vendor bonuses, and maybe linking old time capsules to relevant content might help here also. Hopefully, this would free up the weekly spotlight for other things.
    • Like x 1
  19. Jhaina1 New Player

Inacreditável,cara com duas ou três Raid e possível comprar qualquer set de qualquer DLC anterior ,deixem de serem preguiçosos ! Dêem coisas úteis!
    • Like x 1
  20. White Diamond New Player

As a player whose unaware of "all the things there are to do, and places to go" now, I am happy they spotlight older content. I am overwhelmed (in a good way) by all the content this game has now, it's kind of amazing. Seeing the styles, and getting the chance to buy the league of assassins styles (which NEVER dropped during the raid for me), was a long term goal of mine.

As there's episode highlights, and new episodes being released all the time, I feel like DC has become a breathing, open world that's more explorable now than it ever has been before (I've heard from some league-mates about how bad things were some years ago). Each new episode and series of events feels like actually going into the comic book itself: I'd pick up a few comic books for a few dollars at the store, get a drink, sit in the store lounge and read for a while. Only now, I am actually involved in a story that I am actively contributing to the play of.

These episode spotlights give me a chance to look at the things I might have missed, or overlooked during my playthroughs (I never even knew about riddled with crime, when the game prompts me to do other missions out of the house of legends, or new content drops like Lex's tower, or what have you).

To all the players who have unhelpful/harsh criticisms or complain because "it's a waste", I cordially invite you to touch grass. Remember, it's just a game. Maybe find another MMO to linger upon the doorstep of: your shadows are unwarranted, unwanted, unneeded and unnecessary.
    • Like x 3