Mermaid Transformations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zitlara, Nov 27, 2023.

1. Zitlara New Player

Well, some of my friends and me were thinking that it would be good if you added beautiful mermaid transformations for water user characters, that would be good some people also found that a good thing, so this is a suggestion i would like to make and hopping you could make it possible please!
    • Like x 2
  2. Jaelia Committed Player

I highly doubt they’ll add it closer you’ll get to a mermaid is mera legs style and sea changed skin.
    • Like x 1
  3. Alushaun Well-Known Player

What would be the purpose of the transformation?
  4. Eve YouTuber

I'm not against it, but I don't think this is possible with the tech this game has.
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Water is a very underused power as far as I can tell, and mermaids would have to fly seeing as how they couldn't walk. It would a neat gimmick to add for them to be able to swap movement modes on the fly and potentially swap loadouts like gadgets and mental.

Lets give everyone a cool transformation. I want to be a living tornado. :D
  6. Spider Jerusalem Well-Known Player

Is there any lore inside DC comics that would support this addition?
  7. K3str3lDC Dedicated Player

There are Atlanteans that are merfolk and the water power is based on Atlanteans.

Though I don't see it being very practical. It makes sense while in water, but what about on land? And as far as I understand the way the game works requires limbs to move independently and having them linked together as a tail wouldn't work. But then I'm not a dev (on DCUO or in general) so may be misunderstanding what I've heard in the past. Would be fun if possible, though, even if only for styles and cool pictures. I still want roller skates and jet boots myself (TBH those could probably work as styles like how if a flying toon wears a jetpack style it actually shows the fire coming from it).
  8. Nightcrawler Legionnaire

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  9. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

While a fun idea, I don't see the devs putting time into this for what would be a very limited interest group.
    They'd need to make new "leg" animations for the new model and limit it to characters that fly.
    There'd also be the issue of it probably being crooked like most of the wings in the game.
  10. Zitlara New Player

I know, that it seems barely impossible but is nothing that can't be done, as for the motion it needs the tail to get added movement bones for the movement to work, someone asked the purpose, i see it like something cosmetic, buuuut it can also become a dps transformation too if the devs wanted too. You see some people were talking about that water users could look cool with a Mermaid transformation just merely ideas guys.
  11. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Ok. I was thinking if it's a game play based transformation it could be an enhancement type aimed at True Atlantean/Merfolk ascension. Like the Ice Golem for Ice powers as a flashy supercharge. Also there would possibly be a Male and Female version of the model.

If it's purely cosmetic I wouldn't want it to take up a power slot, instead make it an actual style or one of the many transformation capsules/trinkets.

Every power could benefit from a transformation, but nothing wrong with focusing on Water. Certainly would help the Fathom re-creation I've been perfecting for years.

[IMG]
  12. Zitlara New Player

Yeah, and that is a great idea! That could serve as a true Atlantean/Merfolk Ascension as you said and if it is cosmetic, something similar as Bat transformation from Halloween