Up-Votes Needed Disproportionate Health Points of Swampthing in Elite Alert

Discussion in 'Arkham Asylum (Bug Reports)' started by XBlue, Nov 21, 2023.

1. XBlue Well-Known Player

Hello Community,
    Hello Devs,

I wanted to share my thoughts on the seemingly excessive health points (HP) of Swampthing in the Elite Alert (not Elite+) and simultaneously gather your feedback on the matter.

It appears that the HP of this boss in the Elite Alert goes well beyond what constitutes a reasonable challenge. Personally, I find it frustrating to engage with Swampthing for almost a quarter of an hour, even with a full set of gear, artifacts, and nearly 800 SP. The experience feels more like endlessly hitting training dummies than encountering an exciting and challenging boss.

My question to the community is whether this is intentional or possibly a mistake. If intentional, I'd love to hear your opinions on the matter and how you are tackling this challenge. If it's a mistake, please fix that :)

Thank you for your attention and contributions!
    XBlue
    • Like x 10
  2. TH3T1T4N New Player

I agree with everything you said.. Felt like I was in Elite plus for the last boss when playing it.. Too high of an HP Pool and this boss is where groups tend to have deaths and possibly a team wipe ( had that happen to me twice this week ). Im ok if the HP pool that high on Elite BUT there should be a reward for that grind too, 15- 25 minutes on the final boss and you're looking at close to 30 - 40 minutes for an Elite Alert..
    • Like x 1
  3. Miserable Dedicated Player

Unfortunately, that's a question for the devs, not the community, as we simply don't know. There's been half a dozen threads about this and they haven't said anything. (Getting the community's opinions on the change is perfectly fine, of course.)
    • Like x 1
  4. The I3atman New Player

I just made a post about this lol glad to see I'm not the only one noticing the problem
    • Like x 1
  5. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

Other thread here to combine votes https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/chme-swamp-thing.329946/
    • Like x 1
  6. TabulaRasa Level 30

Oh I can definitely confirm they did something wrong with a change . We just ran it and he has hella lot more health for no reason. just fess up say oops we messed up and fix it please. We run the instance weekly and whoa was that different