Increase Drop Rate: Haunted Souls Accessory

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Iconic Simulation, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

So the Gentleman Ghost Bounty cache box is supposed to drop a rare accessory, but Ive only seen it on the broker only once and it was 500m. Its an accessory, its just not worth that.

I've ran the bounty mission and unlocked it about 45-50 times at this point and I'm very disappointed and frustrated at the drop rate of the item from the boxes.

The bounty is not a good spam bounty thats enjoyable to start with and then this rears its ugly head. I feel this should have been look at and handled better.

- Iconic

P.S. For those of you that have never seen it, because many havent. Its the swirling ghost animations that you turn the cog on to release ghost from items in Cursed Gotham.

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  2. Spood Boost Well-Known Player

I couldn't agree with you more, I'm on 30 cache opens and not a single accessory... awful drop rates.

Be prepared for the people to come in here and tell you they got it on the first try acting like its not an issue, but for what its worth I totally agree with you.

I think the drop rates need to be increased, I'm not personally impressed by it. If you're on 40-50 times then even worse than myself you're on nearly a years worth of normal running it and still not receiving it... This box has left a real sour taste, so I feel your pain.
    • Like x 2
  3. Jcal Dedicated Player

The US economy is so tanked right now that this might be a good thing. Anyone can get this Accessory, from new players to old players. Easy 200-500M on the broker for the person who lucks out. As is always the case, someone will pay the Cash.
  4. xXHeadlinerXx Dedicated Player

500M is cheap given the drop rate. I ran all of my 20 toons and didn’t sniff it, and I have only heard of a couple of drops. If anyone reading this gets a drop and fancies putting it in the broker, until I see one stay in the broker for an appreciable length of time, I would honestly list it for 999,999,999 in the broker.
  5. Alamid New Player

Yeah, either they increase the droprate from the GG cache box or have it as a rare drop from defeating Gentleman Ghost. I remember getting Mother Box T3 from Orion in the Patchwork Themyscira. Perhaps something similar can be done?
  6. bboy-rei Well-Known Player

I saw it for 150 million on the broker yesterday and that has been the only listing I’ve seen since. However, one person in a group I was in got it to drop.
  7. Alushaun Well-Known Player

Yeah, my patience for fighting Gentlemen Ghost to acquire this one ran out sooner than expected. i'll have to lean on the broker to get it.
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Does this box only drop if you have the weekly mission?
  9. Jcal Dedicated Player

It comes from the Gentleman Ghost Weekly Cache, so yeah, you get one shot a week per character.

Saw one sell on the broker for 750M an hour or two ago. Easy money. I also saw someone wearing it. It's nice.
    • Like x 1
  10. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Well thanks for supporting the game
    • Like x 1
  11. Stranger Well-Known Player

Yes it doesnt drop (or just at a 0,0000000000000000001% chance)
  12. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The idea is for you to make 20 characters to test the new character creation, because you can get into the new open world with level 10 already.

I personally dont mind the low drop rates. Given this is a very casual fight, there is at least an incentive to keep doing it after all other feats are done or to sell for a price worth considering putting it on the broker instead of straight up deleting it.
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Update: I was finally able to get the accessory, but I still think the drop rate still needs a significant increase. They could boost the drop rate by half and still keep up good resale prices on the broker.

Also, currently the accessory isn't available for style unlocking on alts.
  14. Cobi Wan New Player

Belive or not i got it from first try and when i googled to see what it looked like it showed me another picture haha. Didnt know it was from new content and just put it for 150m, I understood when it sold immediately...

• Like x 3
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Rng is rng. I personally do not have it yet. But it’s week one. Just because you don’t get it week one doesn’t mean terrible. I also don’t see a reason to reset it 50x just to get in day one. You could always get 16 toons to lvl 10 and just run it weekly till you get it.
  16. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

I got it on my 10th mission, lol
  17. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

I’ve ran the mission 20 times Thursday. That’s 20 weeks. No drops. There will be a new DLC before you will get a drop. At least now I know the devs have skills to make awesome items. That’s evident in the Extra Life “Exclusive” items and latest rare drop. Your wasting the devs time working on programs that won’t get used. But that’s only for the elite .00000001%. The community and paying members deserve better.
  18. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

Played 7 hours Thursday and never seen anyone wearing the accessory.
  19. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

It's up to the user, I figured if I was going through the trouble to fight the bounty, I might as well reset it quite a bit. To each their own I guess.
  20. MurderHornet New Player

For everyone wasting their replay badges on this....if you inspect the item on the broker it says it costs 150 Tarot Cards. This item and the new "mysterious" henchmen mentioned in another thread will probably be added to the vendor on the next double currency week for the new episode. Is it not past time for one of those?