Test Discussion GU139: Winter Event

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2023.

1. beardrive Committed Player

Excellent! And I appreciate that we are all working together on this.

October of 2022 is when the prices skyrocketed and I commented, and several other people commented, prompting nothing. Then it happened again at Winter 2022. And again no price change. And then again for The anti-monitor event, Valentine's Day, St Patrick's Day, the summer event, the homecoming event, and then finally we are back around again to October of 2023, with no price change.

How many MORE seasonals do you think that we need to complain about before you believe that they are listening to us and doing something about it?

We have just finished our 7th event since the price hike, and no one has addressed nor changed the prices. By address, I mean addressed us about it, apprised us of what was happening with it. I believe in 2021 when people complained I don't even think it was 24 hours before the prices 50% plus.

Perhaps there's some confusion about us saying what we want as a group, what is viable for us to do, and what is actually getting to the development team, and then back to us via the forums. A simple "We have no plans for any price changes or reductions" will give me a great deal of comfort, because then I would know exactly where I need to go with base design within the game next.

We may rely on seasonals for flashy base items, but overpriced seasonal base items are not a requirement for base design in this game. They're a plus that we have to showcase base design in the game and invite more base designers to compete, express, or join, but if unviable, as they currently are priced, will of course be fundamentally discarded along with any other unviable systems.

As an end note and for myself I waited to buy the fences this year for six coin each to see how I felt after last year and if I wanted to continue bothering with seasonals anymore at all in terms of purchasing base items, but they're in the vault now as an old item, I didn't really value them anymore. I ended up not actually buying any at all and did a broker dive and maybe bought three or four of them.

So now my mind sees new items as unattainable and then the following year of course, too old and undesirable...

But apart from this Christmas 2023 gingerbread meltdown, the base items have looked great for the last year; the ones from October 2023 amazing, summer spring St Patrick's, and especially all of the carnival stuff during homecoming. They really do look great.

I sure wish there was a viable way to get them more easily.
    • Like x 1
  2. beardrive Committed Player

I need to correct myself from my previous response. For the homecoming event the confetti clouds and the party walls we're all six coin. The reason I remembered was because I bought about 50 or 60 of each of them. That was much appreciated!
    • Like x 1
  3. TeeVolt Well-Known Player

Is it maybe possible that once we collect the base feat for this winter seasonal it triggers a discount for base items for this winter seasonal? Kind of like the elite gear feat cost reduction? Then there still would still be a grind for feats but afterwards the decorators would be able to get the many stacks of multiples that they need to fully create a new place?
  4. Red Five Developer

Oh hey everyone, we are adjusting the prices for some of the winter rewards. Base items are going down to 10 Holly Leaves and the Frost King inspired styles are going down to 30 Holly Leaves.
    • Like x 9
  5. MystoganJella Well-Known Player

And We’re Getting The Orange Lantern Orbital Strike/Henchmen Whoot Whoot What A Christmas Miracle Right Wink Wink :)
    • Like x 1
  6. Eve YouTuber

Thank you Red Five!! The crafters were cheering in the Discord server including me. This will make things more fair and easier to grind and decorate. :D
    • Like x 2
  7. Achikah All About That Base

This mark down is appreciated, though I still think 10 is overpriced for most items in this drop. 6 marks has been the standard up until recent years for all seasonal items, and we endured it hoping it was just a lax in production/number of items being created and a need for engagement. However, now that the team's back in full production and putting out incredible items in larger drops, the price still stands at a mark up from where it was in 2019/2020.

That being said, I think there's even a better compromise moving forward. I'm assuming the price mark up is to keep player engagement. So, if that's the case, why not change the number of furniture items it takes to earn the feat and keep the actual prices low for those who want to use the items?

The people who want the feat will have to work just as hard as they would regardless of the price of the item, and those that want to decorate get the low prices we need to create and can buy to our heart's content. This would honestly surpass the engagement time since us decorators spend a ton of time making our bases. The more furniture we can buy, the more we'll decorate, the more engagement.

For what it's worth, this would be my own personal suggestion for pricing for future drops:
    • 6 Marks for architectural items (walls, doors, fences, pillars, etc) and smaller accruements.
    • 10 Mark for focal centerpieces (items you'd use less frequently, like the Oven and the Table from this drop.)
    • 50 Marks for interactive/animated items/totems/pets
    And I would raise the collection feat from 14 to 24, which would roughly translate to the same amount (14 items x10 marks =140, to 24 items x 6 marks = 144 marks)
    More items for those that want them, same amount of work for those who want the feats. Easy compromise.
    • Like x 4
  8. Captain Catalunya Active Player

With those prices they burn the mark reserves of veteran players, forcing a monthly participation, with reduced prices we would only have to do the event for a few days to achieve the feats.

With this I am not saying that it seems good or bad to me, I just see it as normal, they must maintain a balance between new players, veteran players and decorators and try to keep the maximum number of players playing from the first to the last day.
  9. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

I play casual, so I'll try to do the holiday dailies to get the Holly Leaves. Maybe if devs adds Holly Leaves and source marks for december on the 21+ days mark. It be in the casual friendly.
    I can do the dailies here and there but if i log in after the 21+ days mark I get the previous daily rewards also that I did t log in. They days I missed.
    The 21+ days mark for additional Holly Leaves and source marks will be a great Christmas bonus for all players.
    It could help players get the items they all want.
  10. Aiden_Warren Well-Known Player

Something like this
    Daily Login
    21+ Days
    Free: 5 Fate Tokens, 15 Source Marks, 6 Holly Leaves
    Members: 15 Fate Tokens, 25 Source Marks, 10 Holly Leaves
  11. TimeSphere101 New Player

Can’t wait for seasons greetings to hit live! Played it on test and liked it so far
  12. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

when exactly IS this winter event going live?
  13. Eve YouTuber

Next week, Dec 7 :)
    • Like x 2
  14. Cypharr Committed Player

Thought seasonal events were supposed to run for a month. I already know we're getting it next Monday or more likely next Thursday which takes a week out of the seasonal. What gives? There's not going to be enough time even if you don't miss a day to get marks to catch up.
  15. Eve YouTuber

It runs from December 7 to January 3rd, so there's plenty of time.
  16. Cypharr Committed Player

No there is not, let me educate you by sharing my knowledge. Have a look.

17. Eve YouTuber

You are aware they reduced the pricing for both base items & styles and this is where alts coming into play, right?.. It's still a full month so I don't understand what you want.
  18. Cypharr Committed Player

I've 5 alts it's not a problem for plus I can guarantee I won't be missing a day but the larger player base only have 1 toon & life creeps in forcing them to miss a few days how do you expect them to catch up.
  19. Eve YouTuber

Seasonals has always been one month, and if you're expecting to catch up on almost 13 years worth of rewards without paying this is nearly impossible without paying for the seasonal currency. I run about 40 alts through this on two servers, this is what most of my friends do aswell. I don't expect people to complete the entire set of rewards in one month. It will take time if you are just starting or coming back. You also don't have to chase everything. With the price reduction you should be able to get this year's rewards. Running alts helps alot, but not really a must. Some stuff you can get off broker aswell like the base items.
  20. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

And how exactly is that your problem? What would you like the devs to do? Make all rewards cost 1 mark so everyone can wrap this holiday up in a day?
    • Like x 1