Downtime Server Downtime - November 16, 2023 - Game Update 139

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Game Update 139

PC, PlayStation, and Xbox worlds will be taken offline at 6AM PT on November 16, 2023, to launch Game Update 139. Downtime may last up to 8 hours.

Switch worlds will have just 1 hour of downtime tomorrow, and will receive this update next week.

Game Update 139 includes a new Character Creation process, updated Tutorial, quality of life updates, and Episode 46's Elite content.

The full update notes will be posted in the Live Update Notes subforum when available.
    • Like x 15
  2. Eve YouTuber

Awesome, excited to read more on the QoL updates, and I'm excited to make a new alt on EU now :)
    • Like x 1
  3. Metallix Active Player

Is that coming with the gear system or that's for the Christmas event
  4. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Outstanding, thanks for the good news. Looking forward to seeing the new character creation \o/
  5. appocolyps Committed Player

Any chance of the Brick and Crystal changes currently on test being altered before going live? I have reported a few issues on the Testing thread, Crystals damage has gone down and not up as intended, she also doing considerably less than fury and RSK.

Brick also needs slightly more than the 25% for 5 secs, he is still dying instantaneously to hard hitting AoEs etc.
    • Like x 3
  6. Ingrando Well-Known Player

How come we never had a thanksgiving event?
    • Like x 1
  7. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The whole situation is rather weird. We have multiple suggestions and issues addressed across pretty much all threads on test, yet only had one hotfix a week ago (based on test server patch notes).
    I'm not sure why that is, but it doesnt look good.
    • Like x 3
  8. Kosya New Player

Nice update guys!!! All time all crash
  9. Dilios Well-Known Player

Will we be able to buy the new outfits at the Watchtower and Hall of Doom style kiosks?
  10. Eve YouTuber

Yes! Gentleman Ghost in the House of Legends will sell those.
    • Like x 5
  11. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

Hey Zoe-! Spiffy new avatar!
    • Like x 1
  12. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

So excited for all those amazing QoL updates.

7 Rares and 8,5k Favor isn't much, but it adds up. Nice I won't be needing Oracle on my 34th-60th Toons :)

Getting stuck in Absorb Heat can really suck, when I need to either get out of AoE or Block incoming damage. I don't personally give a rat's behind about the exploit getting fixed, I only intentionslly use it once or twice every 50h Fire Tanking (and it is a staple for me in 5/8 of my Fire Loadouts) So happy the important part is getting fixed. Maybe look at Avalanche next? :)

And that god awful Fury Aura. It only perfectly fits my 3 Sorcery Armories that includes Offering. So happy to finally get the *option* to turn it off, so I can use the inferior-damaging-but-cuter-looking Fury over that badass looking Exobyte Attuned RSK on Single Target :)

So much QoL, much excite :)

(Irony and/or sarcasm may or may not apply to anything or everything written above*)

*except the part about Absorb Heat being a staple for me in all my Fire Loadouts that isn't Prec or AoE dps. That part is 100% true.
    • Like x 2
  13. Eve YouTuber

I'm just changing around until I get my Grail avatar lol then I made an oath to never change again :p
    • Like x 2
  14. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

I hope this includes the new costumes to be available from gentleman ghost to buy. anyway ty!
    • Like x 1
  15. Ghostknight Well-Known Player

Agree. Happy for the update, but worried about lots of bugs and crashes. Crossing my fingers for the best though.

Peace and DCUO Forever
    • Like x 2
  16. BlackGryphon Well-Known Player

It isn't too hard to imagine a third server, accessible by only the devs, where the bugs we've pointed out have been dealt with without the server that the players have access to being updated. That adjusted patch would be the one that they'd then load onto the live server.
    Welcome to the Multiverse. ;)
  17. Dilios Well-Known Player

Thanks! ❤️
    • Like x 2
  18. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

For the same reason we don't have a Fourth of July event, or a President's day event, or any other event based solely around U.S. holidays. DCUO has players from all over the world.
    • Like x 2
  19. Captain Catalunya Active Player

Halloween is not a world holiday :p . In any case, it is the adaptation of a festival that each town has to the way of celebrating the US.
    As a Mediterranean citizen, I accept that I play on a US product, for me they can celebrate whatever they want, Thanksgiving, President's Day or the illegitimate conquest of Mexico.
    A game is a game

EDIT: Sorry, I wasn't going to talk nonsense, but I got mixed up.
    I was going to ask, the other day 16 hours of surprise maintenance (which was 6), today, 1 that goes to 3... some clarity, better communication would be appreciated.
    • Like x 3
  20. Doc_Paradox New Player

PLEASE... Someday allow for Chromas to apply to all pets!!! I've given up on color change for powers, but at least give me a Fury that actually looks like my character summoned it. :D
    • Like x 2