CR Skip Rework

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DonLexi, Nov 8, 2023.

1. DonLexi New Player

Hallo there.

The anniversary event is coming soon and we‘re hopefully getting a CR Skip again.

I‘d like to suggest that we should get a minimal increase of the combat rating, since we are already at 430 max.
    Also an increase in SP would be nice. We are already at 850+ SP max and we are getting about 80 sp with the current skip.
    I would suggest to pack at least all existing pvp feats, since it has been already stated that there are no plans for a pvp rework or any kind of adjustments.

I think this is fair, because some ppl want to get those feats and as it is right now, its not possible to get those normally. Searching for w/l groups is just absurd and many (probably all) would agree with me that pvp is nearly dead.

Also its nice for newcomers to start with a higher SP-pool.

Tell me what y‘all think about it! (Btw sorry for my bad english )
    • Like x 4
  2. HowlingSpecter Level 30

I'm sorry I don't mean to argue but 80 skill points for free, that's nearly a couple of weeks of playtime and it's handed out for free, what about the players that spent time grinding those feats?
    Also, CR-skipping is the last thing I think a newer player should do, they'll miss out on important mechanics that they would've learned along the way.
    This is just my opinion, but newer players should level the first time they play, so they can learn basic combos and learn what stats are suited for their role.
    There are just way too many players running around with random augments, which, keep in mind, takes energy and time to level up.
    But I agree on the PVP aspect of things, they should really do something about those feats.
    I'll still think it's unfair to the players that grinded those feats though.
    • Like x 2
  3. DonLexi New Player

I understand your point.
    But there are already given feats in the current cr skip that some players grinded normally. They don‘t complain neither.
    So why not implementing feats from a dead side of the game.

Yeah sure, its good for newcomers to get through the game to learn and to get some experience, but again, there is already existing a cr skip and they are usually giving us this skip every year for free as a gift. So why not adjust it a little bit.
  4. Eve YouTuber

I'm not necessarily against the idea. Although I am very anti CR-Skip for new players as awhole. They need to at least have one character at that CR in my eyes so they can skip alts. It's not much about the feats as It's about they have no idea what to do at end game after they are skipping. For the very least the skip should come with a few tutorials.

As for PvP feats, that is a very touchy subject. On one hand they are not wililing to fix PvP anytime soon which leaves those feats to rotten. On the other hand there are players who rightfully earned them, so there is no real middle ground. I'd like to hear what the Devs thinks about PvP feats and if they ever thought of just granting them.
    • Like x 3
  5. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

The BadGuy plans to use the free CR skip on his third favorite alt and one of his women will buy him 3 more to level up more of his great toons. The Bad One has not been active in 3 years. That is about to change. The People will make Villains Great Again.
    • Like x 1
  6. Grip Committed Player

Nice idea to bring up. I mean, provided the new, improved more mysterious Daybreak is still into anniversary gifts anyway :p (I choose to assume nothing for now). Great points all around, too. Cr 385 might be reasonable (hypothetically), but yeah Perpetua would laugh at those 80ish sp. That'd be less of a gift horse than a gift tiger that might bite your butt off if you play with it. In context, the gift aspect is basically just a free sample of a sale item anyway, so altruism or who deserves what probably(?) isn't a key favor.

PvP sounds interesting, but I'd prefer to see the legends get balanced and every remaining arena/LL/HT feat be made completable that way, but there's still the hackers... :( Hard to advocate for never needing a duel win and wanting players to learn their kit (my opinion) because designing winning builds is very educational. My suggestion for a good sp grant starting point is toss in all but the last step of the t1-t6 grind feats and go from there (merit tokens, barrels, reapers, chests, styles, gathers, crafts, scraps, bounties, base items, etc).

Transparency: I like CR skips being available, but because I only use the gifted ones to make new toons to rob for their goodie bags then forget, I'm not sure what feats are included these days. I was told at one point the Toyman mission feats were added and I call that a win.

Edit: Welcome back, Bad Guy and see you out there (if NA server).
  7. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry, but this always feels like a roundabout way to just ask for the PvP feats. If they combed through the feats to find every single 'easy' feat(like equipping a head aug or leveling an arti to 20 or tokens of merit feats....or any of the easy feat styles in the HOL) in the game and gave those to us for say...150 SP total...people would still be in here saying "well....we need more that 150....how about, oh I don't know....the PvP feats?"

I'd say a happy medium would potentially be to give the PvP feat early levels...similar to how they did the exobit gathering feat....they gave 20k.....and left the 25K feat open. Give out the 1, 5, 10 or 25 wins in a map....but save the 50 wins for those who want to grind out the fights for 'max' SP. Give out the feat for capturing 1, 50 or 100 nodes, but leave the 250 open for the grinders.

It would feel less a slap in the face to those who already did the feats but would allow for some more SP, and pick off many of the PvP feats that most won't get. If you really want those remaining 4 or 5 SP at the top levels of the PvP feats....go get them.

I'm still against giving out ANY more feats that wouldn't be picked up by just playing, but as PvP seems to be the target for most of these requests, it would be a compromise.
    • Like x 3
  8. Cypharr Committed Player

You're right if people are looking at it from the perspective of the players who grinded to get this feats then they are not up to date with the program cos this has been done several times already. Examples are CR skips, nth metal caches becoming account bound, feats that are granted upon reaching a certain CR and much more. The issue is not about it being fair or not. The game is 12+ years old and with the complexity of the game and the current population the devs are aware that some kind of incentive must be giving to new player's which I totally agree with.

Adding all PVP skill point to CR skip is the best idea I've heard in a long time. People who have these feats can't hold us ransom because they grinded for these feats when it was possible & easy to do so. As it stands now it is impossible to get these feats, there is no way to get these PVP feats cos PVP is dead and there is no future plan for a rework. The only logical conclusion is to include it in GU139 along with free CR skip 100 but the full skill point should only be with maximum CR skip which you get in January or buy from the market place. Free CR skip 100 should only have a few skill points. This is more than enough incentive for new player retention and I promise if the devs can consider giving us PVP skill point there will be a huge increase in DCUO population.
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

'Best idea you've heard.... ' Could it be you need the PvP feats?:rolleyes:

'Impossible' and 'very difficult' are 2 different things. Getting the crafting feat for base mods in AF3 and AOJ are 'impossible' because you CAN'T craft those base mods anymore...that's why they granted the feats to everyone. PvP is not impossible, although it would take some work to knock them out. I know....most of mine came after PvP was already dead....or in a coma at best. Still got them done.

1v1s pop pretty frequently still, including Home Turf base fights. Turret takedowns and node captures are still possible even in 1v1s, even if you are not very good at PvP and lose the fight....duels are being fought every day and there is one feat just for participating in them...win or lose. Player bounties can still be done in the OW PvP phase.....but you might catch a butt whuping while doing them. Anyone asking for all the PvP feats who do not have at least these VERY doable feats done is just plain lazy or not understanding the feats. They aren't all '50 Outback wins', which I agree, is as close to 'impossible' as any of the feats are...and still doable with some effort.
    • Like x 4
  10. Cypharr Committed Player

On these side of the wall EU server PVP is absolutely dead. You would be a fool to even try so it's impossible to get those PVP feats. If you're not strong willed trying to get PVP feats will frustrate you to quit or take a break from the game. You've to see the positive side which is PVP feats are not necessary cos without PVP feats you can amass a good 700sp which is more than average in the game.
    • Like x 1
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not even 1 other person on the server will queue with you for 1v1s....or do duels? I'm not even talking about trades...just straight fights.

That's pretty pitiful, and only semi believable.
    • Like x 2
  12. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

Why should you get the PvP feat points if you didn't do the feats? That is an insult to every player who grinded to get those feats and 101 gear.
  13. Grip Committed Player

Yup, I get your server concerns, bud. Guess we'll see what the Powers That Be decide about what to include in this hypothetical CR skip adjustment package that hasn't been and may never be offered. Way to clarify your case. You threw me off with the word impossible at first (it has a pretty literally meaning and a figurative one that's gaining more popularity). Hope things work out the way that works for you :)
  14. MxOiE Level 30

I hate post like this solely for the fact that every time pvp feats are mentioned there's always replies like "what about when I had to grind!?" "What about the people who got the feats years ago when the population was more active???" F' em.

They sound like the same people who cry about student loans and how since they had to pay off their loans then future students shouldn't get free college. It's just a selfish mindset. How does JLBatmanxix49 getting free pvp feats affect your account in any way? I have the PVP feats on my account and I could care less about people getting them free. People on these forums just like to argue anything.
  15. Korlick Loyal Player

All PVP feats might be too much, but some of those (half, maybe) would be nice.

Also...add an Ally Box, like the Artifact box. Including some Favor cache and Alliances (maybe enough to level 1 Legendary Ally up to level 6)
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

And I hate people coming in saying things are 'impossible' that are not. I've seen people saying they should give all the PvP feats and they don't even have the one for doing 1 duel or 1 PvP knockout. So that pretty much says they haven't even tried and are just going off what other people say, or they are worried about the 'worst' feats like 8v8s completely ignoring the still doable 1s ,2s, 4s and duels. It's doubly as funny when hidden in a request to 'fix' the CR skip....cause they are soooo worried about how the new players will do with their 80SP. OH Jeebus....won't SOMEONE think of the CHILDREN!!! Just come out and ask the feats if that's what you want...no need to hide behind a BS reason like the skip as the OP did.

I'd respect the request a lot more if it were for the 25 or 50 counts only...or the 1000 duels or something. If you can't be bothered to do the minimal effort required then keep it to yourself. As the Atom in HOL says "It's only impossible if you don't try".

Of course he also says "That's a neat toy...good thing I'm clever" which has never made sense to me.....but batting .500 for sayings is pretty good.

BTW....there is no 'FREE' college. Someone is paying for it, unless that college gives a scholarship. Why not ask why the price of college is so high most people can't afford it, or why some people milk the system for all it's worth by perpetually being a student yet gathering no usable skills to get a job that WOULD pay for it afterwards. Hey...if you choose to rack up a 100K+ in loans to get your doctorate in 'Architecture of the ancient world' and are surprised to be working in Subway the next month, saddled with debt, that's on you.
    • Like x 3
  17. Sollace Well-Known Player

Why shouldn't this be possible just because X played to get them?

You're forgetting that the game is less and less populated and some PVP activities aren't as easy to do these days because there aren't enough players motivated to do them, or because some people simply don't like doing PVP. What's more, if my memory serves me right, I seem to recall that the devs are already thinking of giving away the PVP SPs, because PVP is no longer on their agenda, and I think I even remember that they were thinking of "deleting" it sooner or later.
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

The minute they delete the PVP aspect, they can give away the feats likely with no argument from most (I wouldn't say anything about it). Now... the people who DO enjoy PvP might be pretty ruffled...so there is that to contend with.

But at least you did say 'aren't as easy to do'....which is factual. 'Impossible' is not.
    • Like x 1
  19. Canadian Justice Committed Player

There are a great many feats they could pull from to buff the SP given in a CR skip.

Should PvP feats be included? I'd say yes (and no I do not need them). The likelihood of a new player getting all of the PvP feats legitimately is rather slim. I wouldn't grant all of them though, leave the last step to be earned.

I'd also look at things like grind counter feats in PvE as additional possibilities. Looking at things like 5000 reapers or 100 (I think?) Grodds. Anything with a do it many, many, many times counter. Even LPvE could be a source of a few SP (and no, I don't need them either). But again, leave the last step to be earned.

One off skill based feats should not be included.

But SP aside, I'd like to see CR skips become a more complete package. Three 120 artifacts may be a little generous but it would go a long way to making the CR skip more useful. I'd like to see an increase to the augment XP as well. For allies, maybe 2 rares at max and an epic at rank 6. Something like that.

The problem is, the "retail value" of such a package would be quite high and I doubt there would be enough of a bundle discount to make the purchase price enticing. Because while free gifts are great, CR skips are a marketplace item first and there's no point in making a great free skip that nobody would buy. I don't know, do people even buy CR skips?

Personally, I've only truly made use of the original skip to 100 tokens when they were first given out during the Anniversary. Those toons have, over the years, become played quite regularly. One of the characters was, for the longest time, a test of what a CR skip character could be. What I found out was no one system is make or break. But having very little across all systems makes for a very weak and not entirely useful character. I also found out that mashing Jackhammer can wear out a controller, so I don't play Earth anymore.

But CR skips in their current form offer very little to make the character actually playable without a significant time and or money investment. So I do think there needs to be some change.
    • Like x 2
  20. Grip Committed Player

Great clear-headed contribution :) To answer your question, yup, many new and some returning players I know who don't show up during that Jan/Feb-ish window for the freebie buy them, and several enthusiastically repeat the process for other characters. It's a smart business move to capitalize on the excitement of new players who see 80% "LF roles CHMe and CTe" (for instance) during their visit and desperately want a taste. Mixed bag for returners- if they have game cash and/or content savvy + time, they're more likely to use those in lieu of a skip from what I've seen.

Soo, are you saying you have multiple gift CR skips on your account you've completely ignored? :eek: .... goodie bag and all? Bless you LOL My inner Larfleeze would never allow that nth and those cats to go unclaimed.