Test Discussion GU139: Winter Event

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Mepps, Nov 3, 2023.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Please use this thread for feedback regarding this year's winter event.
    • Like x 3
  2. Raizen Reaper Level 30

We really need to be able to put material in this (horn) Winter Warlord... It's possible?
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  3. Ughitsjaylon Level 30

new styles showcase? whats all new?
  4. UnderworldSelene Well-Known Player

I agree. That would be awesome for Maleficent players if they can have mats or if they are at least tintable.
  5. Sumiliddon New Player

Yesss, we real need that option on this style. For me it doesn't make sense not to be able to put material in this style. Please change this.
  6. Eve YouTuber

I really love how big this Christmas Haul is and how much great stuff we got! ORANGE LANTERN SUPPLY DROP?! YES!

• Like x 3
  7. BumblingB I got better.

The cost of everything is excessive. I know there is the holiday debt, but 510 marks to buy everything is crazy.
    I assume that this will start November 30th (Thursday) and run until January 3rd (Wednesday), that gives us 35 days at 16 marks a day. 560 marks will just "barely" get enough to get everything, including the 25 for the supply drop that doesn't have a feat attached.

This is too much. I don't want to feel like I'm working a job during the holidays for a game that I am meant to have enjoyment for a seasonal that is supposed to represent the spirit of the holiday season. (Unless you are thinking like Larfleeze...)

I think the biggest problem is the cost of the styles, which require you to buy 4 at 50 marks each and the cost of the 14 base items, which are 15 each. Please halve these. 25 and 7 respectively. 298 marks to get all the feat ones gives breather room for players that may want to get extra base items or cosmetics that may not be part of the current year.
    • Like x 16
  8. Cypharr Committed Player

The trick is to save your marks & only buy the current items (2023) which do not drop in the vault. Save your mark until about a week to the end of the seasonal or till as late as you can push it. You'll get a good amount of items from the vault. Then on they last day buy all the remaining items & base items you still need that you can afford from the broker that are tradable. When you have done this steps you can now use your marks to finish off the remaining items you still need. Also it would help if you had multiple characters so you get more items from the vault which you should send all tradable items to your main. Hope this helps. When you get the feat you can buy the feats with replay badges for your alt if you want.
    • Like x 1
  9. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

Is there by chance Orange lantern orbital/henchmen dropping from content to match the supply drop?
    • Like x 3
  10. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Am i missing something or why are you getting 16 marks a day? I get 6 from open world mission, 4 from instance and one from Vault. o_O

Just realized you get the follow-up mission with additional marks in the open world.
    • Like x 1
  11. Proxystar #Perception

I agree with BumblingB the pricing is really high and seems to relate to the style pieces and the base items that seem more expensive than prior years.

I think we should be able to get everything in the event if we do it for most of the time, but not all, we should be able to miss a few days especially around Christmas time it's probably the worst time for you to set an event with high priced rewards where people might be spending a large amount of time with family and not playing video games.

I'd like to see the styles dropped to 20 per piece, the emote can stay 100 and the base items dropped to 10, but that's just my feedback.
    • Like x 3
  12. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

Here's my video on the new 2023 rewards coming with the DCUO Xmas Event. I had a bit of fun with the new emote, at The Atom's expense. Enjoy!

• Like x 1
  13. Eve YouTuber

Agreed. As a decorator It's a struggle as IS to get base items and making them more expensive makes me not want to bother with them, feat or not feat. The seasonal is not here forever, It's here for less than a month and It's gone with no way of getting more marks or buying more items. Christmas is one of the big seasonals too that always has big hauls too. I can understand the emote being 100, but the base items annoy me the most. I don't care about the styles much but I do understand the frustration. Styles were pretty expensive for awhile, then they did the same with base items.
    • Like x 5
  14. SilkyPawz Bunny

I agree with this, I mean you have to run this every single day, I don't know about other people but you can't run this every single day, this is becoming more and more like a job when it is suppose to be a fun seasonal.

My other issue I have is other years we had styles that were cheaper and we could Trade them that has been taken away this year from all seasonals except for base items, why was this changed as well and the increase of cost!

Please don't make seasonals be a burden or a job when it is suppose to be fun!

Would be really nice if you all updated these waaayyy outdated seasonals so many other games change their seasonals after so many years. I know it's a lot of work but why not get rid of those Glitched out Summer Seasonal Boats where half don't work and put a Big Kraken Bounty in the water, Winter event put Orange Lantern Bounty in Gotham.

Seasonals again are suppose to be fun but it attracts lazy people in the game that just stand there make it not a fun event to run at all, they take advantage of other players kindness, I keep saying they had to hit X or OK to enter the instance to all of a sudden to be AFK makes no sense and it happens all the time in these seasonals.
    • Like x 7
  15. Amused New Player

the gingerbread items are some of the cutest items Ive ever seen in the game.. my compliments to whomever baked these up! the candy cane posts and gum drop decorations are also absolutely adorable. while I was decorating I bought several of the gingerbread pieces for the roof. I wasnt sure if these were supposed to go together with the wall pieces, because the wall pieces arent tall enough to reach the ceiling piece. I switched to using the angled pieces, which look all right from the outside, but then I walked inside the gingerbread house and there were holes in the roof when you look up. maybe Im not understanding what the intentions were behind the flat ceiling piece? there are other freestanding wall items in the game, but this time there's a corresponding ceiling item to match it, so I wanted to use it somehow but ended up confused that they dont fit directly.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  16. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I think it's intended for the slanted ceiling pieces to be placed on the edges of the house layout and the flat piece to be more or less the middle of the ceiling.
  17. Amused New Player

yes I think you are right. that makes sense. I made several attempts to make a small gingerbread house with that in mind. I found the wider angled layout like an octagonal house (picture #4) would prevent more of the clipping on the roofs. I tried making the square house with only the angled roofs (picture #3) and it ended up looking a bit awkward with the clipping. picture #5 was the closest to the classic gable roofed gingerbread house but it still kind of looks awkward.

the ceiling also has to be this height for the roof pieces to even touch the wall pieces. a lot of the base layouts have a majority of high ceilings and pillars in the way at times, so I just felt limited in where I could put these. the house of legends base in particular, you'd have a hard time finding places to use the roofs and walls in conjunction, due to all the high ceilings. the only spots would be in the hallways. I didn't have that base on test server (if anyone knows how to get that let me know!) to try it out.

the most successful way I found was to not build the freestanding house at all, but to instead have the walls going straight across the room in a series (picture #6) and use the walls of the base as the other 3 sides of the house. the item designs made more sense once I figured that out. in the picture you can see the pillar was blocking me from placing the next angled gingerbread roof.

they are great items, and the base crafting community will find many clever ways to clip and place these. I was just following my first instincts and how a casual player might think to use these and what frustrations/confusions they might encounter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  18. Eve YouTuber

Seasonals should be a fun thing to farm. 15 marks for ONE base item is too much. If I want to decorate my base using the new items, I basically have no chance of finishing it without spending money. Please reduce them back to 6 marks.
    • Like x 5
  19. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
  20. Eve YouTuber

I'm 100% not going to spend money not even to finish the feats. Not everything needs to turn into real life $$$ shopping spree. They might have the decorators in mind when they make awesome base items, but they aren't making it any easier to decorate bases.
    • Like x 7