Cursed Gotham City realizations

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by FoolsFire, Nov 4, 2023.

1. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Look behind the House of Mystery and you can see Brainiac bottles.
    This means this DLC takes place in the past.

Also, the three witches mentioned are The Kindly Ones. Hint at a Sandman/Vertigo DLC?
    • Like x 1
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well Hecate does reference something about 'dreams' in the end of the raid as she basically gives up on removing magic and wishes us luck.
    • Like x 1
  3. Red Wáve Well-Known Player

Or the new Dev team have not been briefed that new Episodes are kinda/sorta/maybe going forward in.. time? Long Live the Legion was definitely going forward in time.. continuity, I think the word is.

So/and/or the Bottles was just an oversight when they reused the Gotham map*.

*Not in any way, shape or form a jab against reusing assets. In fact, I think they should reuse a lot more assets, with the goal of cutting down development time, so we could get either 2 Raids or 1 Raid and 1 Bountyverse per Episode. Perhaps even 3 Episodes a year.
    • Like x 2
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Keep in mind before she left, Oceans had to rebuild those bottled sections of Metropolis and Gotham that were used for Doomed Metropolis and Flashpoint Gotham. We're two episodes behind so who ever is doing environments now didn't have time.
    • Like x 3
  5. Curse Bringer Most Wanted

I've grown used to the re-use of open worlds because they still feel new in some sense. Heck, I'd love to see Chinatown Gotham unbottled for an episode, maybe with Katana and the League Of Assassins?
    [IMG]

Such a cool looking building but never seen outside of the bottle
    • Like x 6
  6. arkhamowl Level 30

The bottles might just be the result of reusing the map. But I do think there might be a Sandman related episode coming up. At the end of the raid when Hecate mentions "dreams" my mind went straight to Sandman. If that is the case I would be super excited to see that unfold.
  7. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I think the personalities mentioned by freed civilians (formerly under curse) refer to Hecate's many forms. The Maid, the Mother and the Crone. If you look closely from your left to right, on both of her known character model's faces (old version has braids sort of covering the faces, but still visible) you can see them in order. No two faces are the same out of the three.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Yeah they refer to Hecate's 3 faces.
    • Like x 1